Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515361 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

The tsar bomb wasn't a remotely feasible device for application as anything other than research, pride, or an evil overlord's massive self destruct system.

If anyone has a workable tertiary stage thermonuclear weapon, I haven't heard of it. Not much call for it, either. Nuclear arms race is over.

What was any more unfeasible abou the tsar bomb than any other bomber-dropped nuclear weapon of the time?
It took some special modifications that greatly reduced the flight range, IIRC.
Yeah, to fit the bomb they needed to both remove fueltanks, obviously decreasing range, as well as remove the bomb bay doors (diminishing range even further because of drag)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Making the parachute also put a dent in the USSR's textiles industry for a little while.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Heh. I wonder if Sean Penn will be arrested for aiding an escaped prisoner / FBI's most wanted. I'd advice him to not go to Mexico ever again, the police there want to speak with him. Leaving the US might be wise too. Maybe he can go and keep Assagne company in the Ecuadorian embassy in London.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/01/10/sean-penn-took-meeting-jungle-el-chapo/78589972/

an extradiction deal between Mexico and the US, trading el Chapo for Sean Penn could make for a nice Hollywood drama movie
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 04:53:12 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't throw him in jail for just talking to the guy and then writing an absurdly long article about it.

I read it earlier, it was far, far longer than it needed to be.

The tl;dr would be El Chapo wants people to know that Sinaloa is good and only uses force in self defense, drug business is only way to make a living where he grew up, and as long as there is demand there will be supply. Penn spent most of the article writing about everything that happened like it was a really short novel, and also pretentiously moralizing about the war on drugs in one very puzzling paragraph where he appeared to say that legalization would solve all our problems.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

moved to new thread
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:15:14 am by martinuzz »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I miss Europe thread. BTW did you note how polite and calm discussions ended when the first serious EU-wide issue appeared?

I said it before, As an islamaphobe (I hope everyone here knows that I believe that Islam should be banned in any civilized country?) and nationalist I should be in a " burn those Arabs with Fire" camp but I am not. I am in "EU should learn to stop ignoring problems with pseudo-tolerance doctrine" camp and sadly European public is failing to do that with some remaining in a world of fairytales and other going straight from the world of fairytales to blatant xenophobia.

PS. New Year events in Germany are very suspicious for me. They look like a well planned provocation.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

With the recent destruction of the Calm And Progressive Discussion Thread, I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that while the DPRK Thread's topic is wide and encourages frivolity, to not actually get the best thread to have ever on Bay 12 locked.

Considering Progresive Thread was lost to this exact topic, handle with care, or preferably not at all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

The calm thread? I thought that was lost months ago, maybe it was just temp locked ...,
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

moved to new thread
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:15:47 am by martinuzz »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With the recent destruction of the Calm And Progressive Discussion Thread, I'd like to take this moment to remind everyone that while the DPRK Thread's topic is wide and encourages frivolity, to not actually get the best thread to have ever on Bay 12 locked.

Considering Progresive Thread was lost to this exact topic, handle with care, or preferably not at all.

Didn't this topic kill the actual European thread too?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I think it killed multiple European threads.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Didn't this topic kill the actual European thread too?
I'm pretty sure that it did.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Since I don't want to be a party pooper, and it looks like multiple people share a concern about the topic being unfavourable for this glorious thread, I've moved the posts to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155469.0
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:16:57 am by martinuzz »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is the calm & progressive thread dead-dead? Did you lock it penguin or was that Toady?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

It was not me.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 341