Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437143 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Right. I'll lead. Milno, you take rear-guard. Aside from that, marching orders are Pancaek behind me, then Maurice, then Gorat." Jim looked at his teammates, then headed into the corridor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno stretches a bit more and prepares to take rearguard, eyeing the rest of the group. "Most of you already know Jim, except maybe for you Gorat. I don't think you've ever been in a mission with him, but he's leader this time and he's one of the few people in the ship I trust not to drag us to certain doom."

Take rearguard. Corridor and beyond.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Thanks, Milno," Jim said, keeping an eye out, just in case. After a moment he decided to address the voice they had heard. "I assume this repair job isn't mechanical in nature, or Steve wouldn't have asked for people with high willpower. He certainly would have made Simus the leader instead of me. So, my question is: Is there something wrong with the wetware AI of this ship?" He looked around at his allies. "It would explain being fitted with interface terminals, and it makes sense to me that we would need iron wills for this mission so we don't end up getting our personalities overwritten."

Also Jim asks the above question of command.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:00:11 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Follow Jim. Fall into column.
Say, what does 'UWMSC' mean? It is obvious what the 'UWM' part stands for, but what is 'SC'?
(( Well, apart from one particular forumite present in this thread :P ))

I don't encourage addicts. Except when they're buying from me. So until I can somehow monetize and make a living out of this silliness :P
(( You should definitely provide tinker as a paid service for wannabe engineers and sci-fi fans. You'd get filthy rich and be able to retire and GM Einsteinian Roulette (which would have grown to 10-20x what it is at the moment) full-time. ;) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Follow Jim. Fall into column.
Say, what does 'UWMSC' mean? It is obvious what the 'UWM' part stands for, but what is 'SC'?
(( Well, apart from one particular forumite present in this thread :P ))
((My guess? Science Corps. Or if it's a ship class designation, Science Cruiser or Science Center. Also, PTW.))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:23:26 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

A repair job? Are we really the right team for this?

Fall in line.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

(Woah, third thread.  What's this gonna be used for after the mission is over?)
(Another concurrent mission?)

(South Carolina?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

"Aye Aye, boss"

Fall in line behind Jim. Examine surroundingswhile we walk

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"The SC stands for "Space Craft" says a man who meets the team in the corridor. "Come with me, we're going to do your neural uplink calibrations."

The team follows the man through the cramped corridor, a bulkhead, and into another room. This room is much smaller then the last and it's almost completely filled by a strange looking machine and a control console. The machine is a chair with connectors for your nerve nodes along it's seat and in cuffs for your arms and legs. It's surrounded by machinery and electronics all held on metal racks beside and behind it.

The man steps up to the control console and motions toward the chair.

"One of you who is still in their original skin go sit down. I'll get the S-flesh guy last."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why not." Milno says.

Sit down etc.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Wait patiently. Examine the room, try to make out the meaning of the machinery and the exact sort of repairs we are going to help with.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Go next, assuming no foul play or orders from Jim to the contrary.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Examine the scientist guy. Wait for turn unless Jim says anything to the contrary

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Go ahead, Milno. Gorat, you're second, Pancaek is third, Maurice is fourth, and then I'll go last as they requested."

"Is there something wrong with the wetware AI of this ship?"

(Just throwing that in there because I didn't realized you'd already posted the turn when I edited that in to a previous post. ^^^;)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno hops into the machine first and flinches as the cuffs close and the nerve nodes connect up to the cables in the chair. The machine hums and Milno's fingers an toes twitch as errant charges pulse back into his nerves. The man at the controls mostly just stands and watches the monitors, occasionally tapping something on a screen before leaning back and watching with twitching, searching eyes. After a while he hits something on the screen and the machine stops humming. He walks over to the machine and presses a button on it's side. The machine buzzes loudly for a second before playing a short tone and the man grabs a metal handle and pulls it and whats attached to it from the depths of the machine. The handle is attached to a metal frame, which holds a clear, bright orange, plastic cube. The outside and inside of the cube is riddled with complex laser etched markings, like a 3d vinyl record. He takes the cube out, places it in a metal case and then inserts a blank cube in the frame before putting it back in the machine.

"Next."

One by one the team goes through the process, whatever it is. During Chins turn the technician looks rather concerned.

"You're showing some strange brainwave signals here." he says, turning the monitor to face Chin, "Any idea why?"

Chin explains that he's being haunted by ghosts of dead HMRC members that he released from a bottle.  The technician just kind of nods, slowly.

Once everyone has had a turn in the chair- or in Jim's case, cross legged on the floor with a wire connected to a port on his back-the technician hands them their individually packed cubes.

"You want to take those down the hall. Look for the door marked 'DT-Sct'. Can't miss it, just go straight. Also, don't mix those cubes up unless you want to end up comatose."

Wait patiently. Examine the room, try to make out the meaning of the machinery and the exact sort of repairs we are going to help with.
Judging by what you've seen and heard, it looks like they're calibrating things to each member of the team, creating some sort of device or storage medium to allow some kind of Neural interface.

Examine the scientist guy. Wait for turn unless Jim says anything to the contrary

The scientist is wearing a white jumpsuit that looks like it doubles as an emergency pressure and contamination suit , if the right gloves and helmet were used. He has no id tags or distinguishing marks on his uniform. He's in his late thirties, black haired and slightly balding, skinny and clearly lacking sleep.

"Go ahead, Milno. Gorat, you're second, Pancaek is third, Maurice is fourth, and then I'll go last as they requested."

"Is there something wrong with the wetware AI of this ship?"

(Just throwing that in there because I didn't realized you'd already posted the turn when I edited that in to a previous post. ^^^;)
"This ship is fine. If it were an AI we wouldn't need you lot around. This is something much more dangerous. But they'll brief you after DT."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 243