Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435671 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile

((By the way, completely off-topic, but I am keeping track of this thread's growth on the Roll to Dodge "sort by replies" page. Welcome to the seventh page (7/56) guys!))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim exits the hard memory and disguises as a blob.
You tear yourself free of the memory and disguise yourself as one of the black blobs as you exit. The blobs don't immediately attack you, but they seem rather suspicious of you, slowly moving in to examine you.

Evasion is not an option; they'll check all of this memory and they know how we look like. Now, we could try to morph, but chances are that they'll see it and it'd be for nothing good. Guess I probably should have morphed back then after entering the memory.
No time. They won't stop looking until they find their prey.

Force exit. Evade, dodge and escape the blobs.
Audibly hum something appropriate as I do the above.

You slip away while the blobs are distracted by jim, humming "ride of the Valkyries" as you do.

Dodge those attacks, but also remain in the memory. Consider how the blobs might be distinguishing memory from intruder.
You manage to dodge the attacks for a little while until they suddenly let up just as Jim and Maurice bail. The memory seems to slowly churn back into motion and repair itself, though it takes a bit.

As per how they're distinguishing memory from intruder, it's hard to say. Maybe there's something about the team thats different from the mind around them; like a scent or whatever the equivalent in this place would be.  Or the way white bloodcells find intruders using the chemicals on their cell walls. Though Visual recognition seems to play some part in it. Hmm.

((Valid idea.))

"Materializing anything offensive could either work or fail in several manners." Milno ponders. "Our team is so very fucked."

((Far from my best shape (physical or mental) so the action may come later. Otherwise, placeholder:))
At first, attempt to create the mental equivalent of the old trick of tossing a rock to call their attention, just now using a rock that could call their attention more effectively, such as causing a small smale explosion or anything of the like.

Afterwards and if the first option doesn't work too well, try to use mental power to create a very loud and fast copy of Jim, such as a self-propelled dummy, and make it move past and close the blobs to call their attention.

If it works to some degree, send more similar decoys.

You do your best to project a convincing image of jim but it comes out rather iffy. It's enough to distract the black blobs from the real jim though, as they float over to investigate the short lived abomination you will into being.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim floats off toward the center of the memories to see what's there while the other blobs are distracted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:01:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Damnation. It worked in reverse. No point in regretting it now; hopefully Gorat will benefit from my departure somehow.
~Where do I go, what do I do in this world of yours?
No one can help, there is no friend, I am still alone~

Sing while disengaging. Unless still pursued by blobs, approach Milno's team.
Sanctor here. Tried to take off some heat from the team inside the hard memory, but, it seems, to little effect.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jim floats over and 'stabs' the fake Jim for the look of the thing, then floats off toward the center of the memories to see what's there.
((Are you sure you want to expose Jim by staying close to the other blobs?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Jim floats over and 'stabs' the fake Jim for the look of the thing, then floats off toward the center of the memories to see what's there.
((Are you sure you want to expose Jim by staying close to the other blobs?))
((As opposed to exposing Jim by not acting like a real blob? All options suck.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

That was rather too close... hope Jim and Maurice made it ok. The memory seems to be restarting, and these things seem to think they got me for now? Either way, I need to think about my escape plan...

Observe the restarting memory. Consider my ability to influence and "reprogram" this memory stuff. No experiments.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim floats off toward the center of the memories to see what's there while the other blobs are distracted.
There doesn't really seem to be a "center" around here. Least none that you can discern.

Damnation. It worked in reverse. No point in regretting it now; hopefully Gorat will benefit from my departure somehow.
~Where do I go, what do I do in this world of yours?
No one can help, there is no friend, I am still alone~

Sing while disengaging. Unless still pursued by blobs, approach Milno's team.
Sanctor here. Tried to take off some heat from the team inside the hard memory, but, it seems, to little effect.
You make it over to milno's team and he immediately asks you to stop with the singing.

That was rather too close... hope Jim and Maurice made it ok. The memory seems to be restarting, and these things seem to think they got me for now? Either way, I need to think about my escape plan...

Observe the restarting memory. Consider my ability to influence and "reprogram" this memory stuff. No experiments.
The memory reforms and the awaited call comes. You're not sure how you know it came, but you know. And there is a familiar feeling to it. You're not sure if it's familiar to the ship or to you; such things tend to blend in these memories. The ship turns it's attention to the surface of the planet far below and begins to concentrate; to form spears of matter and energy so dense and potent that they could tear a hole straight down to the planet's core. That is, if they weren't designed to detonate on impact.

Your ability to influence and reprogram is unknown to you. It could be that you could rewrite this thing completely as it reforms, or that you are totally powerless. You can't know without trying.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Try if I can attract a tiny mote of cosmic dust, no larger than my dust disguise. Also, observe the memory.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(I thought the center was where the noise was coming from. >.>)

Jim heads for the noise, then.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:31:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Huh? It seems I got caught up in singing; sorry. Was trying to communicate with Jim.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:21:05 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sorry.))

"Hey, Jim." Milno says, trying to call the cyborg's attention. "We should discuss strategy. Running around hasn't been giving us good results."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim headed over to Milno.

"I was thinking. Maybe the best thing we can do is split up and force it to divide its attention five ways."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"How many groups with how many people?" he asks. "We should also discuss any actions we take that may get the rest of the team in trouble, such as experimenting. By the way, we can apparently make some short-lived figures. Managed to distract the blobs with one."
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Perhaps we could repeat the current tactics' success: dividing into roughly four teams, with three infiltrating hard memories while the fourth (two-person team, for back-up reasons) draws attention of the blob guards of those three hard memories (one by one; it seems that continuous distraction is not really needed, but there might be use for repeated diversions) and possibly others.
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 243