Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435667 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The Messenger reacts to the sudden flurry of questions by picking and choosing; answering only a select few from the dozens being shouted at him all at once.

How munerous are the rebellious populace.
Is there any organized religion beyond that which you yourselves worship.
How old is the Radiant One.
What are the weapons the guards are carrying.
Are you afraid.

"The Heretical number in the several thousand, at least around the palace. World wide they number in the several million. They have already begun laying siege to The Radiant one's temples and government buildings, as well as the homes of his disciples and leaders. We believe they will begin their attacks here soon enough.  The Outer temple guards shall be armed with what is traditional; Tull Glaives and firearms. The inner, those you see here, are armed with their blades and other hidden weapons. The Holy Guard; those assigned to The Radiant one and his chambers, are much more heavily armed, but with what I cannot tell you. Besides this, there are a few men from your United Worlds, Other soldiers who heeded our call."

Feyri turned back to look everyone in the eye, bemused by their sudden vote and expression before looking back at the messenger.

"I'll only ask a few, sir. But I've to ask you to excuse any ornery presentations of my colleagues. It's usually how it is when entering a new environment. Disorientation and adaptation. You'd understand.

"Firstly, we've heard about your castes and colors. How is rank and hierarchy taken in your society, if I would ask? By dresscode, color or can you sense how and who everyone else is even without ceremonial garb?

"Secondly, why can we not know how to address the Radiant One ahead of time. For formalities sake. Where we come from, it is best to know about what is to come ahead of time, as that would lead to respect.

"Thirdly, I'd...well. I'd like to get to know your customs more if we are to defend this place, and its God, more appropriately."

Ask and let ask.

"Within the palace, Those of higher ranks wear more brightly colored clothing. Those in oranges and yellows will be of the upper ranks, those in red and purple, like myself, are of the clerical ranks. Guards, such as yourselves, will be dressed in black and silver. Beyond that, it should not matter."

"Even knowing the proper customs to greet the Radiant one is a mark of  distinction above your standing."

(("Skinless sexbot?" Oh god, tell me that's someone other than me.))

"What is the significance of being dressed in orange or red, other than 'higher status?'

Otherwise no."

Status question.
Well, we already have one sexualized albino.

"It represents how close to the radiant one you are. Those of yellow and orange are closest to his white, earthly beings of near divinity that exist to praise and serve his divinity. They are avatars of his aspects, rulers of war, prosperity, knowledge and all things great to mankind. Purple and red are those in service to the Yellow and Orange, servants of the aspects and footsoldiers of his grace. And those in Black and Silver are those the faithful, protectors of their highers."

"I have a few questions myself, of the utmost importance.

What sort of food and beverages await for us while in your palace?
What type of weaponry do the conventional palace guards carry?
What group would we fit into by the standards of your social caste?
Are your people all male?
What sort of animals do you have?
How are we supposed to bathe?
What are your toilets like?
What sort of music do you guys listen to?
Do you guys have orgies in the palace?"

He completely ignores May. In fact he seems to not want to even look in her direction. Probably partially because many of her questions were answered already. Also probably because she's still naked and squeezing  her tits in his direction.

The messenger in red watches with marked restraint as the naked albino argues with what appears to be a skinless sexbot about who is in charge, who is insane and what exactly is going on. The most expression he shows is a slight tilt of the head when, amongst much screaming and jabbering from everyone on the shuttle, the conversation becomes an argument of which is better, sodomy or cannibalism. And then people being declaring that some woman named Feyri is their leader. He seems very bemused by all this.
((You left out the little kid asking what sodomy was.))

(("Skinless sexbot?" Oh god, tell me that's someone other than me.))
((May?))

"Miss Feyri, what's an or-gee and why does May want to know about them? Mister Messenger Person, what's your name? What's the Radiant One's name? Are there priests? Are the priests nice or evil or crazy? Are there lots of people? Can I see the people? Is there a museum? Is it a free museum? Can I got to the museum? Are there other kids where we're going? Can I talk to Mister Jim? Is there a computer? Is there a bunch of scrap and stuff around? What are we doing again? Do we have to hurt people? I don't wanna hurt people. Can I have a cookie? Steve never gave me a cookie. Do you know Steve? He's a spaceship. He's nice, at least compared to a lot of the people on the Damocle's Sword.. Is this place going to be like that?"
He looks in your direction as you spew questions but apparently decides they're not worth answering. He's probably not gonna give you a cookie either. This fills your tiny child mind with confusion and sadness.

"Don't worry Grate, May's asking for precautions. She is, afterall, a trained diplomat."

Feyri said this enough that the man would also hear it. She had a feeling that May may not perform that well unless she was happy with her job...before continuing her talk with the messenger.

"That's Grate by the way, one of our younger members. Quite intelligent and curious. A good lad."

May's asking for precautions. She is, afterall, a trained diplomat

May

a trained diplomat

The End is nigh.

"I have two, no, three questions, really, if you don't mind. Firstly, milord, are we given free roam of the city or are we strictly on guard duty? Secondly, how advanced is the level of electronic communication on this planet, and what means of surveillance do you enact on the public?"

Ask further. Get shown to guard quarters.
"You have free reign of the outer palace when not on duty. The inner palace and holy vestibules are not, under any circumstances short of the highest emergency, to be entered. It is recommended that you stay within the palace, for your own safety, however, if you wish to walk the streets it is your right. Our electronic systems are on par with your own, though perhaps not as numerous. You are no doubt still in contact with your ship and each other. Your suits give you such capacities, I believe. And our surveillance is not something you should concern yourself with. It is, I am afraid, beyond the sphere of your activities here. "

"If that is all, I shall show you to your quarters." The messenger says, stepping back and sending the masked men scattering off.

Outside the shuttle it is even hotter and more humid; a tropical haze of late morning mists and the early heat of the day. The team snaps their helmets on, thankful the the climate control inside, and follows the Messenger. The palace, or what they can see of it, is a grand and multi-tiered thing; Layers of ancient and ornate fortifications that rise as one proceeds farther in, so that the central palace building is visible from all sides and everywhere around it. The central building is quite large, about 40 meters tall with much of it's height being comprised of a rounded spire.  The spire is strange; not solid stone but rather layers of stone held by layers of tiny columns; like a tiny parthenons stacked atop one another. It creates a strange, tiered, birdcage like effect and no, in the morning as the sun hangs behind the palace, it seems almost to be trapped within that cage; the sun itself held within the tower of the Godking.

Around that grand central tower are dozens of other buildings, tall pointed roofs with repeating, tiered designs, but more solid then the center building. A stone wall topped with a strange roof that repeatedly arcs upward and forms sharp points, like sea waves trapped in wood and tile. Outside The holy ground is an inner palace populated with stone buildings that resemble asparagus tips; bulbous tops connected to thinner stalks and surrounded and joined with lower, long wooden buildings that crisscross between the bulbbed towers with no discernible pattern. The team is on the outermost level, a slightly slanted village of multileveled stone buildings with dark wood roofs and snaking stone pathways through tall grass and scattered, ancient statues that seem to be relics of something even older then the buildings around them.  The entire palace area is color coded, with the holy center being painted  entirely white, the inner circle being a wide variety of oranges and yellows with streaks of purple and red. The outer most layer is a sea of blacks and grays and silvers, fading and clearly old and much less cared for then the inner layers.

Beyond the palace lies a thin strip of green- the unpopulated land on the side of the hill that the palace sits upon, and then a sea of brown and gray. Brown homes, brown roads, gray smoke from chimneys and gray water in a large stream that cuts through the town. For this distance it looks like a township made of mud and cloudy water; a puddle of humanity spreading out beneath this grand rainbow palace.

The messenger leads the team across the smooth stone paths to a large, three story building. Through a sunstreaked common room and up a thin wooden stairway to the third story. The entire third story is open; a long house sort of thing with windows and support beams studded down its length. Beds, more like large cushions, are scattered about seemingly randomly, along with wicker chairs, a water pipe taller then grate, and several young women wearing loose fitting silk  plants and not much else.

"These will be your accommodations for your stay. These girls shall see to your needs, whatever they may be. Your uniforms are in the chest over there. We have sized them so that you should be able to wear them over your suits. Report to the common at noon and I shall explain the terms of your service."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I see. Thank you."

See if my uniform actually fits, and what it looks like.

Also examine self.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:26:17 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Something tells me the servant girls will wish they were never born when May is done.

On the other hand, having them might end up saving some of the team (Feyri, looking at you) from the same fate.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"...Oh! I see."

Quote from: Message to Everyone except May
Sorry, I'm still getting usef to this stuff.

Could we call May the "backup" something? Or maybe make her the person who glares at people and doesn't talk? What do they call those?

"Mister Messenger! You didn't answer my questions! Did you forget them? I can repeat them! What's your name? What's the Radiant One's name? What's his name? Are there priests? Are the priests nice or evil or crazy? Are there lots of people? Are they nice, evil, or crazy? Is there a free museum and if so can I go to it? Can I see the people? Is there a not-free museum? Are there other kids? Can I talk to Mr. Jim and other people on the Damocles's Sword? Will this place be like there? Do you know Steve? He's there, on the spaceship. Do we have to hurt people? Will these people hurt me? Are you going to hurt me? Is that what that look means?"
Grate briefly clams up.
Ask the questions despite the implied unkind look.

"This place is pretty. Who made it? Do you know? Was it made long ago? How old is it? Is that new? Why is everything outside the palace so brown? Is it because there's no water? Where are you going? Why does almost no one answer my questions?"

Grate then goes over to a random bed. "This one is mine." He then goes to and looks in the chest, looking for the smallest uniform. He grabs it, puts it on, and then walks over to whichever girl, in his opinion, looks most like Miss Feyri and least like Miss May.
"Hi! What's your name?"
Ask. Check to see if any uniforms fit Grate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Refrain from talking in your sleep and I shan't kill you in it.
He walks to a bed close to the wall.
I'll sleep here.

Retrieve and examine uniform before putting on.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ha ha ha...ha...um...he's joking, right?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hmmph, I did an action that specifically declared her to get in her suit to be un-naked before she asked the questions. But whatever.))

May goes over to the chest and pulls out a garb, putting it over her suit. She then walks up to one of the young girls left at her disposal.

"...why are these the only clothes they give you?"

Get dressed, then ask girl question.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So far no explosions... let's see if I can get this scout tool working before the meeting."

Put on uniform, make sure faceplate is down, and examine the controls for the scout eye. Ask if there is a very large, empty space I could use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Are there often explosions this early? Do lots of people die? Am I going to die? Wait, how would you know? I'm kinda scared now."
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Either I'm blind from staring through the eyepiece of a microscope for hours, or you're having the servants wear plants.))
several young women wearing loose fitting silk  plants and not much else.
:o
((Good morning to you too Piecewise.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Renen Averius von Raptum/Everyone else that isn't May's wristpad.
Who's that robot?

Quote from: Faith Message to All
The synthflesh is Faith.

I thought I was underprepared and didn't have many options.
Feyri's eyes widened upon reading the words.
Not Faith...
She stopped and waited for Grate to come near before tapping him on the shoulder, keeping her thoughts away on what had happened to her friend.
"Firstly, Xan is a grumpy person. He's like that, but I doubt he'll just kill you. I've seen those types--rough and gritty, seen the world in a bad perception--just don't take it personally and be yourself around him. Friendly.

"Next, don't expect explosions. One thing I've to tell you: this isn't like any of those holoshows you may have had as a kid, or any of the virtualtoons you're watching. This is reality. Our mission is to guard people's lives, and in failing to do so, we lose who we are--we let innocents die."
She knelt down to his eye level and tapped him on the nose, looking him in the eye. "That's for memory. If there's anything you need, come to me, OK? Don't bother the messenger with all your questions. He's a busy man."

Faceplate always up. Tell the servant girls that we'd (or I'd...) like some privacy for changing into our uniforms. Then move to some corner where I'm quite sure no surveillance devices could see me from my vicinity and examine uniform for any tracking device or minute instrument concealed in it.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel=Xan
Please don't threaten Grate. Thanks.

"Steve, I wonder why you gave our measurements beforehand for their tailors. So I'll ask. Why did you?"
Ask Steve. Action may be later. Standing action now is above.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"Sweet digs! Also, messenger, can we contact you some way if we have further questions?"

He then stops dancing and begins to sing the ode to Sandy once more.

Look at uniform, appreciate its workmanship if appropriate, then put it on.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

walk over to an unused pillow, pick it up, carry it over to the corner of the room hidden behind the door whenever the door opens (from the perspective of whoever opened the door), set it down, and sit on it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tell the servant girls that we'd (or I'd...) like some privacy for changing into our uniforms.
((Just to point out...it was specifically noted that the uniforms were meant to fit over our suits. That might make your plan a bit tougher.))

"Thanks, Miss Feyri! I will! Um...which ones would she--" Grate then notices that Feyri is busy.
Sig

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Renen to Feyri
Hum...We could use May to cause fear on the rioteers. It's an idea, the threat of extreme sexual abuse is one of the best forms of causing terror that I know of.

Renen looks at the women, then starts to look for a silver uniform.

Get an uniform, a silver one if there is a choice. Wear it. Try to control the perv mode.Look for a place with privacy.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Renen to Feyri
Hum...We could use May to cause fear on the rioteers. It's an idea, the threat of extreme sexual abuse is one of the best forms of causing terror that I know of.
((That would probably violate whatever version of the Geneva Convention exists here. Even if it doesn't exist.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 243