Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437074 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

(("Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim darkness of the far future there are only adults who can't put out a fire."))
((I am now imagining that monkey scene from the beginning of 2001: A Space Odyssey, only surrounding fire and a combination of aggression that they know how to do that and wild panicked flailing that they have no idea how to control or extinguish it.

In short, business as usual.))

Faith raised an eyebrow at Xan's entrance. Wasn't he already here? She really couldn't swear to that; it wasn't like she was tracking everyone, and he was wearing the same stuff as everyone else. Still...

"As long as you're here, I was hoping to find out more about your equipment and abilities," she said, while grabbing for a nearby ally to use as a smothering agent.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Coagulants. Pain supressors. Amp.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"AAAH!"

Grab Ms. Feyri and Kitten, and then try to drag them out of the burning room. In addition, yell:
"Okay. FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"
in an attempt to inform people that there is a fire.
Well Kitten comes easily enough, probably because she wants to be out of the room full of burning psychopaths just as much as you, but Feyri stands her ground. And considering she weighs around 300 pounds, that makes getting her to follow you rather difficult.

"Oh well. I suppose I'll go about my business, not bothering you about matters of human experimentation and such. It probably would not have worked anyway. You've been very kind, good sir!"

Dance back to the clubhouse with chemical sprayer. Once there, fill it up with Xeno Spit if possible.
You pour your bottle of xeno spit into the chemical sprayer and seal it up, ready to be used.

((Is Lyra an elf?))

((Of course she's an elf. She's small, looks younger than she actually is, has white hair and eyes and feels uncomfortable in human society. If that's not an elf I don't know what is.))
((to quote Lyra:
...))
((She's not an elf.))

"Hey! I'm not that short!"
((how tall are you?))
((Not that tall. About average for a kid his height.))
(( -.- what height is that?))
"Oh-aw. That's just.."

Feyri made a  :-\ and began to take off (her own) uniform, giving it to Lyra.

"Take mine. Shai, do you know where we can get other uniforms by the way?"
look at the offered uniform for three seconds, then slowly take it and set it on my shoulders, then look down at the rather large amount of fabric trailing down on the floor. ((Lyra is pretty tiny compared to Feyri))
shake my head horzontally twice, then hand the uniform back to Feyri.
"Nah, you keep it. We'll find a use for that later!"

"Perhaps burning a potentially idiosyncratic uniform was a bit of an overkill..."
"Okay, I've set up my rifle. You should all now be able to access the scope's view feed now and if required, fire the weapon remotely via your wrist-pads. If I should attach the turret module, you should be able to aim it as well."
{"Set up your rifle? Charles, you are unauthorized to fire anything from any gun you possess while in this area. Respect the people, please?

"...I didn't know that you could set up your rifle for remote control."
}
"Don't worry, I'm not going to fire it at all if possible. I've just set it up now because if we actually end up in a situation where we'll need it, I doubt we'll have enough time to set it up then. Currently, I'll just use the scope to share footage of anything significant.
It never was my rifle anyway, someone left it in the armory with two full magazines and a note giving permission for anyone to take it. I didn't know that it could do that either until I examined it before we went into cryo, whoever made this was probably some sort of barbaric sadist but regardless, they included quite a few features that I can use."

((It isn't in radio color :p))

"Did you check for any identifying insignia? Usually, guns have their mark of who made it, so if its customized then there would at least be a mark."

Feyri turned back to Shai and looked at the color of her pants.

"You don't mind then, if I get something to cover your upper body?" While Shai did look graceful given the way Feyri supposed the higher authorities would look at servants as, she was shocked to see what others had assumed.

Because of the HMRC caste not supporting upper garments.

"So before I ask what time it is, why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

Ask.
Ok, is there any reason you're asking her the same thing again? I mean, she just told you why she's not wearing a shirt.

Faith made another sighing sound.

"Our suits are insulated against extreme temperatures. There's nothing to worry about, except that we have another jackass amp user around."

Smother the fire with a comrade who's wearing at least a MKI. Apologize as I do so.

Then go down to the right of the common room and inspect those electronic entertainments.

Xan pokes his head back into the room, and seems genuinely surprised to see the flaming uniform.
Oh. Fire. Isn't that bad for you? We should extinguish that.
With that, he goes forth to not really valiantly fight the fire.

Smother fire with something not me.

Quote from:  Xan -> Faith
Towards you. ??
Faith picks up Xan and stamps out the fire using Xan's feet, slapping his legs wildly on the burning uniform. That done, she heads downstairs and finds a room full of what seem to be arcade machines.

((GWG, just keep the thoughts uncolored and you'll be fine I think.))
((Tiruin, how did Feyri know Lyra's uniform was messed up without knowing that it's on fire? meh, w/e))
((I did? Err..Feyri didn't. She just saw you without a uniform as you gestured to yourself in the MK suit, and..that.))
((I think we miscommunicated somewhere. what I remember doing was:))
Feyri turned to see Lyra when tugged on the elbow.

"Oh hi Lyra, anything you need?"
Make eye contact for two seconds, then look at the flaming uniform for two seconds, then look back at Feyri and make eye contact again, head tilted to my right. look back down after four seconds.
((It doesn't really matter anyway.))

sigh, walk back into the room, and Use microwave amp to return the burning materials/area to room temperature.
It has been handled in a much less dangerous way.

Look for locals training. Try to figure what kind of military training they have.
You don't really see any big groups of guys practicing karate or anything.

You guys can head down stairs any time you want. If you're finished screwing around.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

((Wait, is the sprayer full from just one bottle? I've got a full case of Xeno Spit, as I remember.))

Stacy dances a gentle waltz with his Xeno Spit-laden chemical sprayer toward one particular servant girl.

"Hello, dear servant girl. I need to test a version of perfume I've been developing for quite a while. Would you mind participating in a scent test? I'm going to need you to inhale. Deeply."

Find servant girl. Ask. If she agrees, spray her in the face with Xeno Spit, making sure my faceplate is down in the process. Hopefully xenobiological enzymes are just as effective when inhaled as when ingested. After all, that works with alcohol. If she doesn't agree, spray her in the face with it anyway. Observe effectiveness compared to ingestion. After test, dance down to wherever all the other HMRC guys and gals are heading.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:41:39 pm by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Is the fire all the way out?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Follow Feyri
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

You guys can head down stairs any time you want. If you're finished screwing around.
((As in, briefing time?

Because I'm in favor of briefing time.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ok, is there any reason you're asking her the same thing again? I mean, she just told you why she's not wearing a shirt.
((I was unclear XD))

"On the shirt note..that wasn't what you knew in the HMRC caste? We wear shirts here. I'm wondering why that wasn't given as a note."

Clarify. Then the below.

"Though I'd want to explore the area soon enough. Do you know any nearby significant places we could go to while waiting for noon?"

Chat and head outside with Shai, Lyra and probably Grate and his servant. Examine area.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Well that was certainly an experience.

Head downstairs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles follows the rest of the group outside.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put the scout eye down on it's legs. Attempt to move it very slightly with the remote, to see if it will use the legs automatically when uncovered.

If it does use the legs, play around with it to see how fast it moves on them.

If downstairs == briefing, pack up and move downstairs at the conclusion of the test.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go downstairs.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Downstairs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

((Since no one has yet answered:))
((Is the fire all the way out?))
((And almost everyone else has posted actions, I'll do a conditional.))

IFF the fire is out, do the actions in the "Yes" spoiler. IFF they are not, do the actions in the "No" spoiler.
Spoiler: Yes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: No (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head downstairs.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 243