Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435650 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Heh. Children.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

"You see, Grate? Xeno Spit is dangerous!"

Help Grate up to his feet.

"Anyway, dear messenger, I have one more question - what language do the people of this town speak - one we can comprehend, the kind that the groundskeeper does or some other kind entirely? If the latter, would you mind providing us with some materials for linguistic studies of the local dialects and languages? Might be helpful in getting along with the locals."

Ask more!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I'm afraid so," Faith whispered back. "Some squads are composed of more... balanced members, some less. The less sometimes get better or die. Otherwise you end up with May there."

Faith nodded her head in May's direction.

Psssst, they're all crazy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Flaming psychos outrank everyone.
((Sigged.))
((I sigged it first!))

((For the record, a failure of strength despite sufficient dexterity seems more likely to result in the bottle hitting my feet than my head.))

Grumble at Stacy and get up.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"I would assume the law enforcers of your worlds wear uniforms as well?"
shake my head horizontally three times.
I should have bolded that
"Really? Your police do not wear anything that would identify them as such? Seems like a very confusing system."

"You see, Grate? Xeno Spit is dangerous!"

Help Grate up to his feet.

"Anyway, dear messenger, I have one more question - what language do the people of this town speak - one we can comprehend, the kind that the groundskeeper does or some other kind entirely? If the latter, would you mind providing us with some materials for linguistic studies of the local dialects and languages? Might be helpful in getting along with the locals."

Ask more!
"It is about 50-50 between the local dialect- Pharsec- and the UWM standard. And most people speak at least some of both,so it shouldn't be a problem. If need be we can get you a translator; But I doubt you'll need it. "

"I'm afraid so," Faith whispered back. "Some squads are composed of more... balanced members, some less. The less sometimes get better or die. Otherwise you end up with May there."

Faith nodded her head in May's direction.

Psssst, they're all crazy.
The messenger nods his head slowly, glances at May and nods again.

"Things have not changed." He mutters.

Flaming psychos outrank everyone.
((Sigged.))
((I sigged it first!))

((For the record, a failure of strength despite sufficient dexterity seems more likely to result in the bottle hitting my feet than my head.))

Grumble at Stacy and get up.
You accept Stacy's hand and stand up, grumbling at everything from your own reality bending failure to the crazy man who incited your rage.

"I'm going to be going now, taking Miss Faith to the infirmary area, You all should work out your schedule and get started."

The Messenger walks off with Faith in tow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grate rubs his head.
"...So. What're we doing?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Still, I would like to get some materials I could learn Pharsec from, could you point me toward where I could get some? For educational purposes if nothing else, you see. You never know what you might uncover when you know the local dialect, yes? I'm not asking for much, perhaps a schoolbook or two, some Pharsec literature?"

Follow messenger, insist upon getting something to help with learning Pharsec.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:22:31 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Or maybe just learn some basics, like "We come in peace!" "Don't run, we are your friends!" "Give us all your loot!" "Where are your women and/or children?" "Surrender, scum!" "Don't hurt me! I surrender!" "The Geneva convention protects medics!", etc.))

((Hmmm... There's definetly something fishy going on around here...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You'll need to be more specific, otherwise you're being obvious.))
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

((Actually, I'm probably being the opposite of obvious (unobvious?) since I considered the thing I was talking about to be obvious so I didn't considered making it any more obvious or needing to talk about the obvious. Plus, I don't want to risk pointing out things you've missed, because missed knowledgge increases your chances of failure and failure is fun.
Anyway, the guy just admitted he either a)was part of the HMRC b)has worked with the HMRC before or c)has somehow gained knowledge about the specifics of the HMRC and since the UWM keeps most things concerning the HMRC a secret (one of the servants for example thought that the HMRC was nothing more than a place for torture (which it is, in a way)) means that he somehow gained a lot of info about the HMRC, even though he belongs to one of the lower of the highest castes.
Couple that with Steve's behavior, the armor they're having you wear and all the other strange things that have been happening here since you landed... There is a conspiracy here, I just not certain about who's conspiracy it is (I have an idea though). Or maybe I'm just paranoid and see conspiracies everywhere.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually, I'm probably being the opposite of obvious (unobvious?) since I considered the thing I was talking about to be obvious so I didn't considered making it any more obvious or needing to talk about the obvious. Plus, I don't want to risk pointing out things you've missed, because missed knowledgge increases your chances of failure and failure is fun.
Anyway, the guy just admitted he either a)was part of the HMRC b)has worked with the HMRC before or c)has somehow gained knowledge about the specifics of the HMRC and since the UWM keeps most things concerning the HMRC a secret (one of the servants for example thought that the HMRC was nothing more than a place for torture (which it is, in a way)) means that he somehow gained a lot of info about the HMRC, even though he belongs to one of the lower of the highest castes.
Couple that with Steve's behavior, the armor they're having you wear and all the other strange things that have been happening here since you landed... There is a conspiracy here, I just not certain about who's conspiracy it is (I have an idea though). Or maybe I'm just paranoid and see conspiracies everywhere.))

((What if you set up the conspiracy?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Oh, that fishy thing.))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

"Really? Your police do not wear anything that would identify them as such? Seems like a very confusing system."
"Secret"
One word, before the messenger heads out the door.

Follow Faith, as always, hands behind my back, head looking down and to one side, but moving steadilly and evenly instead of my usual start and stop movement, and without the swaying from side to side I have done on rare occasions in the past.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Still, I would like to get some materials I could learn Pharsec from, could you point me toward where I could get some? For educational purposes if nothing else, you see. You never know what you might uncover when you know the local dialect, yes? I'm not asking for much, perhaps a schoolbook or two, some Pharsec literature?"

Follow messenger, insist upon getting something to help with learning Pharsec.

"I believe there may be phrase books for use by outsiders, but they'd be in the second level. I'll find one and bring it to you."

The messenger hurries off with Faith in tow.

"Secret"
One word, before the messenger heads out the door.

Follow Faith, as always, hands behind my back, head looking down and to one side, but moving steadilly and evenly instead of my usual start and stop movement, and without the swaying from side to side I have done on rare occasions in the past.
Faith is with the messenger, and both of them have run off already.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Very good, sir! I'll be sure to get one. If there is one."

Go back to the group. Await judgment of peers. If there's a patrol leaving, go with them. After all, I did sign up for one.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:03:53 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 243