Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435685 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Can't stop. Why now. Must not b-

Quote from: RE: Feyri Nirel...
Also, I've got to s

Then there's also Grate..No delete that.

"What were you thinking of?"
It's like I can hear him.

"What're you typing, Miss Feyri?"
Feyri blinked again, and felt Grate's stare looking up at her.

"Important things! Here, I'll show you what I've typed."

Also, I've got to say that this is the most wonderful cake|

[Emoticon List:  :) ^-^ :)) ;)  :D  ;D  >:(  :(  :o  8)  ???  ::)  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :-*  :'( >:D 0:)]
"Eheh..nothing much. Just me chatting..with Faith. As we go to her. Yep!"
I fail at speeches. Someone kill me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Okay. Where's the cake?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord

"Okay. Where's the cake?"
((It will be given to you when you successfully complete your mission, of course.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

Go back to Faith again when Feyri cancels the meeting and starts going to Faith herself.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Faith Valentine = Lyra.
Hi you three.

Faith, please..watch over the rest. Take command. I'm...busy. Thinking.

Lyra, you're in charge along with Faith. It's all my fault and I'm an awful person and I fully trust you both with this.

Sorry.

- Feyri.
Frown and look up at Feyri as we walk. after five seconds look back down at my wrist-comp and start typing.
Quote from: Lyra to Feyri, cc Faith
What fault and how?

We all picked you as our leader because we have faith in you. We are not fools, we know what kind of person you are, and yet we picked you, overwhelmingly so, to lead. There is a reason for that.

You are not an awful person, and you are almost certainly being far too hard on yourself.

Stop hurting yourself. You are my friend. I don't like it when people hurt my friends. Stop hurting my friend.

Seriously, stop it.
Look back up at Feyri again.

((Tiruin, you being busy is nothing new, we knew it was probably going to happen. This was no surprise to anyone. and yet everything Lyra just messaged Feyri about remains and is true.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((You messed up Kriella's quote a bit.))

Grate stared at the corpse. "AAH! MURDER! AAH!"

Scream bloody murder about the bloody murder as I go to inform Ms. Feyri of the bloody murder.
You go running back up the hill, screaming about murder and other very undiplomatic, unhelpful things. You make it to feyri, leaving a trail of confused, mildly frightened people in your wake.

((Aw thrice /kitten/. Now I've the thread named after me, and its wholly on typo >.>

Requesting change into a lighter..version, please?))

Feyri blinked.

No. DOn't think about that one time. It's all here. All now. You've got a team to lead.
Don't discard what wrong may happen. Fate happens. And you've to deal with it.
But you've years of training behind you. Don't forget that either.
Years in which you could've done something more constructi-

"Everyone, could we form the teams first before we move off into what we all want to do alone, first? THe sooner we get our priorities organized, the sooner we can get this mission done."

She looked at Grate and patted him.

"You're staying with me, as well as Lyra. Also, keep that faceplate up; we don't want anyone knowing your true identity, Grate."

Call everyone to this important meeti-great some have left. Anyway, this is assumed that the message was sent in both wristpad, and vocal announcement.

You forget.
What?
What everyone's doing.
Someone just died.

"And what is going on here?!"

No, really?
It is best to assume the worst when half the team splits up without prior notice.

...You did notice what they said, right?

Thinking here.

((Yeah I'm repeating what Greiger -- General board, Rage thread-- said about saying kittens instead of curse words. Works here.))
You send your message out via radio and wristpad to all members of the team.

Get Revolver, destroy Corpse with the Microwave Field Manipulator.

"NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE."

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified. And what about Faith? It seems like when the doctor is told to make any sort of female body he'll make comically jiggly ass 'n titties. Seems like a reflection into his own sexuality.))

((I actually believe May is the leader in the bust department.

BUST A CAP IN HIM))

(("I PUT A HOLE IN HIM
I PUT A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
BUST A HOLE IN THAT NIGGA
BUST A CAP IN THAT NIGGA
NIGGA"

- Jon Jafari))

You grab your revolver from Skylar and turn your attention to the dead man; a dead man who is running away considerably faster then most dead men. 
[uncon:3+1+1]
You type about a page and a half worth of complex calculations into the Manipulator and hit execute. A white hot sheen glows over the body and a moment later there's nothing but a clump of ash that slams down on the next stair and bursts into a cloud of gray haze.

Even the blood on the ground vaporizes an disappears.

"Thats how you clean up a murder," you say, throwing gang signs at Skylar.

Xan looks at the person confusedly.
I was doing the wrong mouth movements, was I not?
Where is the market?

Go where she tells me. If she can't tell me, head for the center of town.
"Center," She says, pointing down at the town, "You can see banners from here."

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified.

((Simus was (keyword, was) quite flat when she arrived. Now she's a robot... nada, nil, nothing, as far as I read it. I think the "feminine" body Jim requested to house my brain is basically a slightly slimmer model of the normal.))

Bust Leader:May
Bust Runner up: Faith
Bust Participant: Feyri
Bust Disqualified: Simus.

(( Yeaaah, that was going to happen. Oh well, time for more damage control. For some definition of the word 'control' ))

Ugh... Could anyone back at the barracks bring us some cleaning supplies? Or ask if we can get a local viscera cleanup detail out here to the gate?

Move away from the soon to be vaporized corpse and stairs. Return May's gun after she's finished with her manipulator.
You return the revolver and sit back on the stairs. You make a plaintive gesture as May shows you up in the body removal skill. May is laughing.

((May is Bust Leader. Maybe. Lyra or Simus might be E-cups or something, it was never specified. And what about Faith? It seems like when the doctor is told to make any sort of female body he'll make comically jiggly ass 'n titties. Seems like a reflection into his own sexuality.))
((nope. has been specified from character creation, Lyra is pretty much totally flat.))
((to quote my character sheet: quite small in all departments))
walk over towards Feyri when she calls for a meeting and and sit down about 6 feet away, with my knees folded up against my chest. wait.
You curl up in a ball, an action that TOTALLY WON'T BE MADE USELESS BY ANOTHER POST FROM YOU LATER ON I SEE YOU THERE LYRA, POSTING WHILE I'M POSTING I'M ON TO YOUR GAME!

Stacy, getting rather perilously bored and lacking in a phrasebook to study, decides to dance over to the guy who kicked the corpse downstairs.

"Hey, buddy! Got a question for ya. Couldn't help but notice that you had this wonderful scout eye on you. I was wondering if you could do a little test with it."

He produces the football-sized 1/8th kiloton charge.

"I wanna see if it can lift this thing."

Go up to Skylar. He was the one with the scout eye, right?

Also, how does the frequency detonation thing work on a theoretical level?

You walk down the hill and sit next to skylar, your feet still tap dancing as you relax.

As per that frequency detonation, it's pretty simple. Input the frequency and passcode you want to use in the bomb, and then when you want to detonate it, transmit that passcode on that signal.

((This is the best title.))

Quote from: Message to All Squad Members
I have our phrase book and patrol route. Going to see if I can just upload them, but if not I'm in the common room near the video games.

See if I can take pictures with my cameyes or Lyra's suit cameras, then make those pictures available to everyone via wristpad or their suit's HUD.

If so, transcribe the route map and begin transcribing the phrase book.

If not... do that anyway but for personal use?

You begin copying the contents of the book and the map using your cameyes. The map is easy and you transmit it almost immediately. The book is gonna take a bit longer; if only because of the number of pages.

((Hell yeah! Yay for charisma!))
"Thank you very much."
"I have attained the permission to set up my turret as well as station one or two people with it. It's a good vantage point for guarding the gate in case any other conventional weapon users would like to use the building as well."
Charles sets up his turret in the place he previously decided was the ideal firing position.

You walk into the building, a bakery by the look of it, and follow a plain, undecorated wooden hall around to a ladder that leads upstairs. The upstairs is exactly as you were told; storage, crates mostly. You find your window and set up a firing position, arranging crates under the window until the gun as a good vantage point from its stand.

"Charles here," you radio to the rest of the team as you open the window and take one last look through the scope to make sure everything is lined up, "Pawn gun system in position."

Paperwoooooork.

Go ahead and get a few more wrongful death apologies written up in advance, we'll probably need them...

You finish the paper work and write up a whole big stack of official apologies. You leave what's being apologized for and to whom it's addressed blank. You bind them together into a note pad of sorts, ready for easy writing, tearing off and handing out.  You hang it from your belt.

"I'm the lone ranger of middle management."

"..Hey, look, Miss Feyri! Miss Faith sent us a message! She has a phrase-book! Wouldn't that be useful? Shouldn't we go look at it?"
"...Sure. What just happened in the last hour anyway? I was..thinking abut certain things."
"Cool! C'mon, let's go!"
Bring Ms. Feyri to that place where Faith is.
"What were you thinking of?"

((I lived there for a year when I was a kid before I was expelled from school for farting. Nuff said.))
((Americans are weird, and not all in the same way.))
You drag feyri over to where faith, Trans-human xerox, is working.

Go back to Faith again when Feyri cancels the meeting and starts going to Faith herself.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = Faith Valentine = Lyra.
Hi you three.

Faith, please..watch over the rest. Take command. I'm...busy. Thinking.

Lyra, you're in charge along with Faith. It's all my fault and I'm an awful person and I fully trust you both with this.

Sorry.

- Feyri.
Frown and look up at Feyri as we walk. after five seconds look back down at my wrist-comp and start typing.
Quote from: Lyra to Feyri, cc Faith
What fault and how?

We all picked you as our leader because we have faith in you. We are not fools, we know what kind of person you are, and yet we picked you, overwhelmingly so, to lead. There is a reason for that.

You are not an awful person, and you are almost certainly being far too hard on yourself.

Stop hurting yourself. You are my friend. I don't like it when people hurt my friends. Stop hurting my friend.

Seriously, stop it.
Look back up at Feyri again.

((Tiruin, you being busy is nothing new, we knew it was probably going to happen. This was no surprise to anyone. and yet everything Lyra just messaged Feyri about remains and is true.))

You roll over to Faith in your depression ball form. It's like a morph ball but more non-verbal and depressive.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Stair Wars: May vs The Corpse Slinky
« Reply #1310 on: July 19, 2013, 12:56:20 pm »

"Hi, Miss Faith! Can I read the phrasebook? I wanna be able to talk with people. What are you doing with your eyes? Why do they look funny? Are you reading really fast? I don't think I could read that fast. Are you a robot? Are your eyes robots? No, that's silly. You wouldn't be able to see! Is there more than one phrasebook? Is that a map? Can I see it? Is this the way we're supposed to travel? Is Mr. Zen, or whatever the fire guy's name is, is he following the patrol route?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 19, 2013, 01:02:31 pm »

... Belay the cleaning supplies. Show off.

Look at the map Faith just sent out!

(( Must have map!!!! XD ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 19, 2013, 02:52:58 pm »

Stacy's tap dancing grows more feverish as he receives the map, immediately going ahead with the checking of maps.

"Ooh, baby! Mappety map!"

Check the map. Be excited.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 19, 2013, 05:24:09 pm »

"Will we be able to obtain any extra food? I'm thinking that we may be able to recruit a few people by offering them rations. Failing that, we could just prop up several uniforms in semi-concealed positions to draw fire and make our numbers seem greater."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:32:53 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 19, 2013, 05:30:17 pm »

Excellent! You shall live this day.

Go to the banners!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 19, 2013, 06:58:21 pm »

Quote from: Message to Feyri, Lyra
Calm down, Fey. You'll be fine.

I'll take care of everything.

"You can get the phrasebook when I'm done transcribing it. I'm using my eyes to take pictures of it and send them to everyone, so anyone can access pictures of the book instead of needing the physical copy.

I am... technically a robot, yes. It's complicated. There's only one phrasebook so far, but there'll be as many copies as we like when I'm done. The map is available now, you should be able to access it right where you are. Yes, the map lists where the patrol route is. I don't know if that guy's following it or not."

Continue transcribing phrasebook.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 19, 2013, 07:11:42 pm »

Look at map, use it to go to the marketplace.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1317 on: July 19, 2013, 07:21:01 pm »

...There's only one phrasebook so far, but there'll be as many copies as we like when I'm done...

Continue transcribing phrasebook.
((I know it's minor, but now we can also include copyright infrigment to the list of crimes committed by the HMRC. Damn commies, sharing everything...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 19, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

"You're a robot? Have you always been a robot? What was it like, growing up as a robot? Did you go to normal schools? Were there special robot-schools? Were you manufactured with all the knowledge you'd need? Can you love? Why were you sent to the HMRC? Did you do something bad and no one wanted to disassemble you because your manufacturer was the mayor of the planet? What does it feel like to be powered off? Can you be disassembled? Can you feel pain? Can you play kickball with your head? Have you ever tried? Do you want to try? I can play kickball. I've never tried it with someone's head, though."
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 19, 2013, 11:10:21 pm »

Oh, good. That was good.

now then, now that the issue of the paperwork is done, hustle on out nice and relaxed-like, heading off to the meeting while applying adhesive to the back of the apologies. This will be relevant later.

((Also, can my monoblade be a swordcane? :P))
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:13:24 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 243