Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435698 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1875 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »

((This is simultaneously the best and worst thing I've ever seen.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 21, 2013, 07:08:00 pm »

((mk2 is less bulky than mk1, mk3 is a bit heavier than a mk2 because of the exoskeleton and rockets))
((the real problem though is Grate and Lyra are both signifigantly smaller than Feyri. there's a reason she was able to carry both of us at once without issue))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 21, 2013, 07:23:35 pm »

I remember piecewise posted some pictures of what Mk1 and Mk3 look like, but I can't find them right now. Anybody know where they're at? I remember him saying that the feel of the Mk1s was similar to the spacesuits in Planetes..))
((Do you mean the fan art Sean made, or whatever examples Piecewise had? I can technically dig up both, but ... meh.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:25:43 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 21, 2013, 07:43:42 pm »

Spoiler: About:Mk suits (click to show/hide)

((Mostly- the MKI is a TEMPERATURE insulator.  None of the suits handle electricity well, not even the MkIII IIRC.  The fins are big on the MkI, but much reduced on the improved models.  The tiny hole killing you assumes you're in vacuum or a temperature extreme.  MkII still has a problem with suit puncture, but it can close an iris to deal with it (at the cost of the limb, of course.)  The MkIII actually has lots of rockets- the two main propulsion ones and many smaller maneuvering ones.

The armory listing in the second post of the original thread is a highly recommended read.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 21, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »

May sprinted through the steps, "Oh dear oh god oh fuck shit-" and took a brief look in the sky. The shards, the pieces. It was magnificently beautiful when viewed from the perspective of someone detached from the situation. The next thing May knew, she was watching Feyri get run through with a big-ass piece, human matter spurting from a hole through her chest.

"We're all going to die tonight."

Keep running. Smash anything, or anyone, in the way with the Kinetic Amp.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 21, 2013, 10:55:22 pm »

(( Wow. A 5 on a manipulator based defense. Thank you, dice, for I did not want to be crushed like Feyri. Shame about that other manipulator roll that didn't protect her XD ))

By Radio: FAITH, we have BIGGER issues than the fire and the nuke now, looks like someone overloaded an amp at the gates! Most of us are retreating up to the higher levels ASAP, but we're not sure if it will make a difference. If you can direct us to a good escape route, now is the time! Also... I think Feyri is down... She fell out of the sky on the second level terrace. Will try to keep you up to date.

Run higher. Take cover behind any buildings if more ice shards are coming, try and remember where the shuttle should be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 22, 2013, 01:18:07 am »

((Faith is a synth-flesh acrobat-bodied creature. She could technically be doing a whole lot of helping and rescuing people, but unfortunately I imagine she's doing whatever an albino sexbot does in secret with a secretive messenger man. Since that is being done in secret, I also assume she cannot be disengaged from her current task.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 22, 2013, 01:26:14 am »

((...

Daaaayumn.

Well there goes my arm ;_; I liked that arm.))

FUCK IT RUUUUUUUN.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 22, 2013, 02:56:30 am »

((Faith is a synth-flesh acrobat-bodied creature. She could technically be doing a whole lot of helping and rescuing people, but unfortunately I imagine she's doing whatever an albino sexbot does in secret with a secretive messenger man. Since that is being done in secret, I also assume she cannot be disengaged from her current task.))

(( I would assume that as well, but that doesn't mean that a) she isn't still on the radio and b) isn't in a position to get and give better info that might allow us to get out of this mess. Also, I figured she'd like to know that the situation went from 'we done goofed and the town is trying to kill us' to 'we done goofed and are all about to die'  :D ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 22, 2013, 07:06:41 am »

((...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 22, 2013, 08:15:46 am »

Keep running. Watch out for any incoming shards. Try to look back over the shoulder from time to time and dodge or cut the projectiles using bullet time.

If necessary, abandon hobbling man in favor of the girl carrying Feyri's head.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 22, 2013, 08:37:10 am »

(( I would assume that as well, but that doesn't mean that a) she isn't still on the radio and b) isn't in a position to get and give better info that might allow us to get out of this mess. Also, I figured she'd like to know that the situation went from 'we done goofed and the town is trying to kill us' to 'we done goofed and are all about to die'  :D ))
((Yeah, I know. I wasn't replying to your post, in case it seemed like it. It's just that at the time reading you mention Faith made me recall she's somewhere and I decided to post, partially waiting to see if IronyOwl decides to make a vague statement about Faith's current activities.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 22, 2013, 11:11:19 am »

Away for 10 or so days. Auto me to 'run to the palace, try not to die, help/accompany the team'.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:25:18 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 22, 2013, 11:24:11 am »

Away for 10 or so days. Auto me to 'run to the palace, try not to die'.
Inb4 "You run about the palace as the shuttle takes off"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:31 am »

Away for 10 or so days. Auto me to 'run to the palace, try not to die'.
Inb4 "You run about the palace as the shuttle takes off"
Fixed. Thanks!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 243