Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435707 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1995 on: August 25, 2013, 08:52:14 am »

((Oh. That.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 25, 2013, 06:23:37 pm »

Help clearing the LZ if possible, stay away from the armored person's melee range, use BT if necessary. Wait for the shuttle.

"It seems like we just met the radiant one. Kill it already."
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1997 on: August 26, 2013, 11:32:18 am »

Hostile.. definitely a hostile...
Charles deploys his turret and gets behind cover, remotely firing on the figure via wristpad. If the figure attacks his turret, he'll detonate the magazine at close range. He also arms his other magazine. Just in case.
He radios everyone "The turret is set up, you can aim it and fire at him if I'm incapcitated, or if my aim's off you can correct it. If he attacks it, press the detonate button to unload everything into him..."

[con:1]
Aw jeez.

[Faith dex:3+1]

You fire a burst of concentrated fire...directly at faith. Luckily she manages to get the shield up in time and the rounds smash into it, peeling away layers of ceramic but leaving her untouched.

"Nice shot, dead eye!" she shouts, peeking out after you've finished almost killing her.

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, his soul goes marching on!"

Clear dat LZ! Or just move away from that dude with the armor. Got no weapons, anyway.
You lay down and then roll into a nearby bush.

fuckfuckfuckfuck HELP, HOSTILE NON-FAITH WHITE THING! SHOOT IT!

Run towards the rest of the team! Try to heat a small sphere centered on the hand holding the club while I run!
[uncon: 3]
You manage to give him a mild sunburn. He doesn't seem overly bothered.

((Anyone have any idea what's going on inside? Cough Irony cough?))
((Obviously. :3))

As the team scrambles to engage the new adversary, they see something else fall from the upper level of the palace. It streaks down and lands with a thud, raising a cloud of dust and thin ice crystals from the ground.

As the haze clears, the team can make out the form of Faith. She's coated in synthblood, her muscles literally bulging through her skin, and she's carrying a ballistic ceramic Riot shield thats a good foot taller then she is in one hand.

You could swear you hear someone playing a sweet guitar rift in the distance.

Faith has rejoined the party!

((... My headplaylist just cued up Rules of Nature for that. Ermagerd.))

Disengage the cripple dude, draw the Razor. Then sneak around behind the large man while he's distracted by the rest of the party.

Noone notices the beaurocrat.

Slice him open so his spine is bared, then drop the sword and shove my hand into the resulting hole to grip the spine with my awesome kinetic gauntlet thing. then TEAR THE FUCKING THING OUT.

[dex:2]
He notices the Bureaucrat. He notices him a lot.

[dex:5]
You manage to skid to a stop and then promptly run the hell away as the man swings his club at you, the air deforming and cracking like a thousand bullwhips as the amps studded across its surface fire microbursts of force.

((... My headplaylist just cued up Rules of Nature for that. Ermagerd.))

Disengage the cripple dude, draw the Razor. Then sneak around behind the large man while he's distracted by the rest of the party.

Noone notices the beaurocrat.

Slice him open so his spine is bared, then drop the sword and shove my hand into the resulting hole to grip the spine with my awesome kinetic gauntlet thing. then TEAR THE FUCKING THING OUT.

((Um))

((Now, look at this and tell me it isn't something you'd find in a comic book, anime or hero movie.))
((Yeah. :P))

"Sorry about that."

Catch up to the new arrival, trying to stay behind him.

When fairly close but not dangerously so, use my manipulator to try to cut his head off with a foot-wide pane of excessive heat at his neck.

[uncon:5+1]
It becomes much less of a cut and much more of a "detonated several pounds of c4 at the base of his spine" sort of thing, but hey, it works. He's blown into several pieces, his ceramic armor exploding out like shrapnel and peppering everyone near by. You take a few shards yourself, but even with the 8 inch long spikes embedded in you, it doesn't really slow you down.

The Bureaucrat on the other hand goes down screaming with a few shards in his legs and back.

Generate a whisper-thin disc of extreme heat at the clubber's shoulder-height, wide enough to reach his shoulder-joints, having finished taking my time preparing for the attempt

once the threat is eliminated, allow myself to collapse next to the doorway, and return to crying.
You return to crying.

Help clearing the LZ if possible, stay away from the armored person's melee range, use BT if necessary. Wait for the shuttle.

"It seems like we just met the radiant one. Kill it already."
You don't have to wait long

A few minutes after faith detonates the armored man, a shuttle punches down through the blackening clouds of sleet and snow that are beginning to spread across the sky; trailing a wake of electrical discharge from the storm. It comes in on a long arc and puts down on the frozen grass of the palace garden. The team rushes over to it but they're surprised to see that it's not empty, like they would have expected. Rather, there's a large football shaped device the size of a small car inside it.

>You see that thing in the shuttle? Push it into the palace. Once it's in there, get on board. More shuttles are on their way for the civilian survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: August 26, 2013, 11:36:35 am »

"Oh, would you like to swing on a star? Carry moonbeams home in a jar..."

Fetch the amp-studded club if it's still around and nobody else stakes a claim on it. Then help push the device into the palace if they aren't doing too well on that front and they really have to rely on handicapped labor.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:36:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 26, 2013, 11:37:34 am »

"Sorry about that ma'am, I'm inexperienced with firearms in general..."
Charles silently curses those damned hallucination interfering with his shot before flicking the safety back on.
Charles takes back his rifle and gets ready to provide (hopefully non-teamkilly) fire support to the people pushing the device. He also checks the body for anything of value as well as any identification.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:30:56 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 26, 2013, 11:59:28 am »

(( I love how well this is mirroring how Skylar got into this joint. We're blowing up another population center! ))

Are they on their way soon, Steve? Because I can't help but notice that you're asking us to place a nuke next to the LZ... Somebody else's problem, I guess...

Run back and check on the dentist (Bureaucrat :P ). Help him over to the shuttle and into a pod if necessary.

Help push the nuke once all the podding is done.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:27:05 pm by Kriellya »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 26, 2013, 01:26:23 pm »

Enter the shuttle. Sit in a spot where I can see out a window (if there are any), in as much of a corner as possible. Look out the window.

"Why?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 26, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

Enter the shuttle and secure Feyri's head. then look over at the Freezewall and see if Feyri's... everything else is being eaten by the ice. and go aid in the looting of the bezerker's corpse. take anything that I think would have a token value and put it on the shuttle. afterwards, take a seat on the shuttle and wait.

((Lyra has a Str value of 0, I'd prefer to not risk rolling a 1-1 if I have the chance. it would be pathetic to kill myself like that at this point in the mission.))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:30:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2003 on: August 26, 2013, 03:50:14 pm »

((You could have just taken Feyri's equipment. Unless it's stored in her hammerspace. The doctor can probably make her a terminator again, so the suit and body isn't really necessary.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 26, 2013, 03:54:35 pm »

((You could have just taken Feyri's equipment. Unless it's stored in her hammerspace. The doctor can probably make her a terminator again, so the suit and body isn't really necessary.))
((str 0, running from rapidly advancing icewall of death, being shotgunned with lethal ice shards. I got the one thing that really mattered and got out of there))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2005 on: August 26, 2013, 04:06:03 pm »

((Yeah, I know, I'm not blaming you. You probably did better than I would have. Just trying to think of how things could have gone better. I'm the kind of guy who would be perfect for saving the world after it has already been destroyed.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 26, 2013, 04:17:20 pm »

((Yeah, I know, I'm not blaming you. You probably did better than I would have. Just trying to think of how things could have gone better. I'm the kind of guy who would be perfect for saving the world after it has already been destroyed.))

((Same here. I tend to get so caught up in whatever's in my head at the moment that nobody knows what might happen.

Like, for instance, saying 'length' when I meant 'width'. It's stuff like that that makes Chernobyl happen. In fact, it even did something worse in this case.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:01 pm »

Verify if the two midgets are in the shuttle with Feyri's head. If not, force them in. Put Xan in there too. Help to put the bomb where Steve asked. Then rush to the Shuttle.

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 26, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »

((Aren't we supposed to move the shuttle first?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 26, 2013, 07:13:30 pm »

"Well," Faith said, glancing at the damage to her shield, "at least now I know they're not that great."

Stow shield in shuttle, help push device into the palace.

Drag whatever's left of both guards and their equipment to the shuttle. If I can't manage the whole guard's weight, see if I can at least pry his armor off.

((Aren't we supposed to move the shuttle first?))
((Don't think so. He said to push it into the palace, not park it at the palace and then carry it the rest of the way.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 243