Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 437050 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: The Calm before the storm
« Reply #2160 on: October 07, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »

Quote from: Simus > Feyri
Such a passcode, or accent code, system would doubtlessly be of use except for one fact: To be effective, it would need to be disseminated among all teams and members, particularly Diamond Heart. With the fact that we are facing an opponent with the ability to read minds, not to mention control or influence them, such a passcode would be inherently unsafe, if the Urban Executors and potential Shadow Walker (our target) were to learn of it and as they would be able to replicate it.

As of now, our best security is remaining incognito, only breaking it if we are sure to be killing the Shadow Walker. With luck, we should not be meeting anyone outside of our team, and if we were to, we should act as the other civilians do. Attempting a passcode would destroy our cover immediately.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 07, 2013, 07:07:49 pm »

((I just love how wrong people get details in the Bible and make it seem like it makes perfect sense to quote it as a support to their argument >_> Which means no, Thearpox. You have your context wrong.
((He was referring to when Lot gave the mob his daughters instead of the angels, right?
In that situation, I would have informed the angels about the mob and pointed out that there would probably not be any good people in that mob and, if they agreed, give the mob the angels so they could get what they deserved.))
[Read the bloody context.]
Quote from: Genesis 19
Two angels came to Sodom (looking like men), and when Lot saw them, he invited
them to spend the night at his house. They refused at first, saying they would spend
the night in the town square, but when Lot insisted, they went. Once they arrived,
the men of Sodom surrounded Lot's house and demanded that Lot send the angels out so
that they could have sex with them. Lot refused, but instead offered to give them
his virgin daughters to have sex with. They would not accept Lot's offer, and began
to break the door down. The angels then pulled Lot inside and struck the crowd with
blindness.
((Context read. Positive conclusion not reached. Tiruin likely irritated.
So tell me, what am I supposed to see here? If anything, rereading this makes me like God less.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: October 07, 2013, 07:30:55 pm »

(Why are you still talking about this, GWG?  Did you not get the hint?  I'll say it plainly: this is the Einsteinian Roulette thread.  We talk about Einsteinian Roulette here.  If you want to talk about your beliefs, take it to PMs or another thread.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:32:42 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:53 pm »

Too risky. He knows that we are here, even if our cover, to him, isn't broken yet. If he tells anyone, even involuntarily, our cover is broken wide-open, since it'll place us here at the exact moment of the main communication shut-off, and they will know that section has the communications hub. At the least, we need to knock him out and seclude him, but blasting his brain would be a more reliable solution, leaving nothing to be read by anyone who would think to attempt so. But that would be a messy solution if we do it wrong.

Your decision, but we can't just leave him.
Quote from: Milno
I believe just convincing him to go somewhere else could be less dangerous. I doubt the Executors are going to read the minds of everyone they see - especially of the drunk harmless man - but in turn leaving his brains or body splattered all over somewhere seems to smell of even bigger trouble. One of you synth-fleshies could snap his neck to prevent any bloodshed and dispose of the body somewhere where they won't trace it to our activities.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:53 pm »

(Why are you still talking about this, GWG?  Did you not get the hint?  I'll say it plainly: this is the Einsteinian Roulette thread.  We talk about Einsteinian Roulette here.  If you want to talk about your beliefs, take it to PMs or another thread.)
((Tiruin asked me to read the context here; I posted the context here. Simple as that. It's where (s?)he posted, it's a place (s?)he will definitely be willing and able to respond to it.
And if you call me out to do the research in public, I will show that I have done said research, in public. Stupid little bit of pride I have, I guess.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:28 pm »

((She, GWG. Tiruin is a woman.
Hope I used the right descriptor there.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 07, 2013, 11:33:58 pm »

(Yes, she is.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:27 pm »

((I have trouble keeping track of who is a guy in real life playing a female character, and who is a girl in real life playing a female character. Especially since it almost never comes up...))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:35 pm »

((Doesn't really matter except in OOC discussions such as this, really.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 08, 2013, 12:06:22 am »

((Indeed. Religion is the most contentious subject on the entire Bay12 forums, and you decide to pursue it here? I've forgotten who put that stupid idea here in the first place, but I'm entirely unimpressed. Leave it be already. And Tiruin has her gender on her profile. Regardless on what you believe it to be, it's generally respectful to either refer to people on forums as what they're placed as, or just using their name instead of gender-specific pronouns.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 08, 2013, 12:11:24 am »

((Indeed. Religion is the most contentious subject on the entire Bay12 forums, and you decide to pursue it here? I've forgotten who put that stupid idea here in the first place, but I'm entirely unimpressed. Leave it be already. And Tiruin has her gender on her profile. Regardless on what you believe it to be, it's generally respectful to either refer to people on forums as what they're placed as, or just using their name instead of gender-specific pronouns.))

(All of this, but especially the emphasized part.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: October 08, 2013, 06:47:34 am »

((Adding my voice to the chorus of "don't continue that kind of argument here".))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 08, 2013, 08:29:25 am »

((So what exactly does an Irish-Jamacian accent sound like?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2173 on: October 08, 2013, 09:29:23 am »

Alright friends. Next person who starts discussing any religion beyond my silly made up ones is going to be put on clean up duty in the infirmary. In the back of the infirmary. Where they clean up with flamethrowers and have a 67% mortality rate.

((Sorry. I had posted for us to begin moving towards the roof and forgot to re-post it after we were stopped for an exposition moment. That and my weekends seem to suck these days, specially when I'm dragged off to places.))

Milno uses his head to first point back at Rasta's general direction around the corner before shaking his head and nodding upwards, the meaning very clear: Leave the drunkard behind and let's get moving.

Follow Steve's orders and begin herding the group to the roof unless some objection is made.
Alright so you-
Simus shakes her head, and mind-messages whatever form of communication Milno has:

Too risky. He knows that we are here, even if our cover, to him, isn't broken yet. If he tells anyone, even involuntarily, our cover is broken wide-open, since it'll place us here at the exact moment of the main communication shut-off, and they will know that section has the communications hub. At the least, we need to knock him out and seclude him, but blasting his brain would be a more reliable solution, leaving nothing to be read by anyone who would think to attempt so. But that would be a messy solution if we do it wrong.

Your decision, but we can't just leave him.

Object.
Never mind.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 08, 2013, 09:32:33 am »

Alright friends. Next person who starts discussing any religion beyond my silly made up ones is going to be put on clean up duty in the infirmary. In the back of the infirmary. Where they clean up with flamethrowers and have a 67% mortality rate.
((What are they cleaning up in there?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 243