Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435639 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 11: MAYDAY
« Reply #2730 on: November 16, 2013, 06:33:10 pm »

Waiting 3- The Waited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: November 16, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

Thank you, Steve. I'd love to not destroy the ship... that would be awesome. Any chance you could get a repair drone in here to get it back in flying shape? Or slave the controls to my suit? Anything to get it back in the air...

Chat with Steve, wait for the ship to land. Glare menacingly at anyone who approaches the console.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: November 16, 2013, 08:07:58 pm »

Continue onwards.  Watch the walls for anything mounted on them.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: November 16, 2013, 08:56:17 pm »

((Vehicles don't last long around us do they? Wonder why...))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: November 16, 2013, 09:52:44 pm »

((geez, well, I know where the UE is now.))
"Lyra?"
"Now's not the time for sleeping Lyra."
"Mrow."
"Come on, don't meow at me. Get up. This was your idea, remember?"
"Mrow?"
"Lyra..."

Get up and try to figure out the smells up here.

For Feyri:
Gently prod Lyra awake, keep looking around for threats or cameras.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: November 17, 2013, 12:15:39 am »

"Anyone find anything relevant?"

Keep waiting.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: November 17, 2013, 12:19:11 am »

Teal makes a "[____]" Face, and tries again.

Wait for Gorat to try again. If he fails, shoot the lock
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: November 17, 2013, 07:15:37 am »

((I presume that I just stayed with the others, since someone stopped the ship for me.))

Hang around Milno. Check the immediate surroundings for traps and ask Steve for some advice on what to do now.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: November 17, 2013, 09:08:15 am »

"That...rarely happens."

Try that again.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: November 17, 2013, 02:09:04 pm »

Hang around Milno. Check the immediate surroundings for traps and ask Steve for some advice on what to do now.

((IIRC, piecewise said there were three exits. Since Paris was covering one and Bishop and Leo were exploring a different one, I sent Milno to guard the remaining hall.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: November 17, 2013, 04:10:28 pm »

((Oh, and don't worry about putting me in front, Bishop, I've played enough X-Com to know you always put the rookie in front.  And this was the day when you got to put 14 dudes in the Skyranger to boot!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: November 17, 2013, 05:27:35 pm »

"Oh Algis, shield my eyes..."

Get unfacehugged.  Keep going to meet up with Team Getting Killed By Amp Man.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2742 on: November 18, 2013, 06:36:57 am »

Check the room for hostiles, check the body for booby traps that could activate when I poke it or when I approach it, check the blood for tracks that could tell me where the killer went, check the body for evidence, his face and anything important he might have. Are there any other exits from this room?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2743 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:05 am »

''you sure it would work like that? In which case, a rifle should work even better!"

Put the laser rifle onto the ships seat, unload it first, and encourage it.

The ship seems to be flying down, back toward the Sword. Huh. Did that actually work?

Retract around his faceplate.

Sorry man, didn't mean to flash you.
[will:5+1]
Your ability to get nothing but failures or overshoots is extremely amusing.

You retract off his face plate, off his head in general, and fall to the ground as a shriveled lump of flesh.

Catch up with the rest of the group.  Spin up the Pyramid of Power and aim down the hall at where the amp guy is.
"Permission to fire?"
You should really be doing this in the other Thread.

You jump down into the room with Jim and everyone else. You get ready to fire the strange alien artifact of yours, staying out of the line of fire for the moment while you await a fire at will order.

Follow 2: The Following.
Waiting 3- The Waited.

This isn't related but I find it funny. Maybe you will.

Thank you, Steve. I'd love to not destroy the ship... that would be awesome. Any chance you could get a repair drone in here to get it back in flying shape? Or slave the controls to my suit? Anything to get it back in the air...

Chat with Steve, wait for the ship to land. Glare menacingly at anyone who approaches the console.

>Do you think you can fix it? Because I can get the parts out to you.

Continue onwards.  Watch the walls for anything mounted on them.
There doesn't appear to be anything mounted on the walls, well, at least not any more. The only thing that was there was the sensors and they've all been removed. The thin blood trail continues for a while but eventually it becomes nothing but a few odd drops here and there, and then nothing at all. You are deep in the maze at this point, and it's hard to say which way to go now. There are several paths that lead away from this last drop of blood, several ways it could go. And there's nothing down here but silence and darkness.

((geez, well, I know where the UE is now.))
"Lyra?"
"Now's not the time for sleeping Lyra."
"Mrow."
"Come on, don't meow at me. Get up. This was your idea, remember?"
"Mrow?"
"Lyra..."

Get up and try to figure out the smells up here.

For Feyri:
Gently prod Lyra awake, keep looking around for threats or cameras.
[Will:2]
Lyra wakes up, rolls on her back, bats at the air a few times, and then falls asleep again. She responds to Feyri's poking with mild wiggling and purring.

"Anyone find anything relevant?"

Keep waiting.
You scratch your chin against the inside of your helmet. You feel like you need a shave.

"That...rarely happens."

Try that again.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
[exo:1]
Oh good. I get to dig up my feedback event roll chart.

You grip your head in pain; the amp in your brain seems to burn white hot and you can feel stabbing fingers of heat reaching out around you, randomly.

[Teal end:1+1]

Teal, who is watching your spasming with a combination of fear and curiosity, goes stiff as a ramrod. And then he pops like a hotdog thats been cooked for too long. His arms, legs, chest,  they all burst open from the inside and spray out a gout of superheated, boiling blood. He remains standing just long enough to mutter "Ouch..." Before falling face first to the roof in a pool of his own steaming juices.

Teal is dead. But he'll get better.

((I presume that I just stayed with the others, since someone stopped the ship for me.))

Milno isn't with you, ya silly diagonal moving spaceman.

"Oh Algis, shield my eyes..."

Get unfacehugged.  Keep going to meet up with Team Getting Killed By Amp Man.
Consider you, the human raisin and the rest of your team up there.

Check the room for hostiles, check the body for booby traps that could activate when I poke it or when I approach it, check the blood for tracks that could tell me where the killer went, check the body for evidence, his face and anything important he might have. Are there any other exits from this room?
[intuition: 3]
You poke the guy with your stick a bit (ha). He seems very dead. But something feels wrong about this, About the way he's laying, About how is hands are placed.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: November 18, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

((LARS TEAM:  Move to the other thread!

Also, ouch.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 243