Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 435691 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3420 on: January 23, 2014, 11:53:38 pm »

As I've mentioned twice, that sounds like fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: January 24, 2014, 01:19:47 am »

((I thought up a name for the kinamp-fusion warhead. The Atom Smusher. :P

Also, go with those, definitely. "More controlled" justifies some resource expenditure, especially when we have our public image to keep track of.))

Anton contacts Simus.

"XO, I'm sending you my current plan for retrofitting the ships we lifted out of the shipyard. Please review. It comes out to about a quarter of our budget total, so I'd like to see what you have to say about them. I'll start with some general prep work in the meantime."

Go with the kinamp-fusion warheads on the missiles, and tentatively finalize the designs pending input from Bishop and Simus. Send the ship parameters and retrofit summaries to Simus' wristpad. Arrange transports for parts from the Sword to the salvage yard, and see about hiring some regular workers to help.

((edit: Also, addressing an earlier point that I missed. We have no uniformity in design because we don't need several uniform craft doing the same thing. The Black Death (better name pending) will be our emergency aerospace response vehicle, in case our defenses are knocked out and we need to quickly respond to a Very Bad Situation. The Party Wagon (better name pending) will be the dedicated transport gunship of the Mobile Reserve, to respond to surprise attacks on the ground. The Southern Cross (that's the name I always pick for the Tug in Independence War 2... also, better name pending) is the heavy assault craft for the ship assault phase, or for really heavy air support. The other two ships are not meant to directly engage in combat, as we can't exactly outfit them as such, but they will be used to ferry regular troops around, and as such need at least basic weaponry.

All our craft have different roles, so they are very different. And of course they're all refitted civilian ships, but that's beside the point. :P))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:23:59 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3422 on: January 24, 2014, 08:25:26 am »

((You seem to forget that Steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))
((Steve said you are free to leave the ARM once we take over Hephaestus. As long as you are a member of ARM, shock implant stays. Steve wouldn't be as stupid as to give you all powerful weapons and positions with no means of enforcing the chain of command or keeping you from blowing up the Sword:
>I created the HMRC to gain fleshy agents for my plans. You're not prisoners, you're soldiers. When we finish this you'll be free to go. In fact, if you want, you can get off on Hephaestus and live out your life there.
Underline mine.
I don't think "live out your life on Hephaestus as a civilian" includes owning weapons and tanks.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: January 24, 2014, 10:01:31 am »

-snip-
((I like the Party Wagon. Black Death ain't bad either.))

Quote from: Simus>Steve
Would you please explain to Auron that I am still his commander? Just a small buzz from his implant and a few words should do.
((You seem to forget that steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))
((It's less "enforce Simus's will" than "alert Steve to a place his will should be enforced/reminded of the existence of".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: January 24, 2014, 12:25:50 pm »

((You seem to forget that Steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))
((Steve said you are free to leave the ARM once we take over Hephaestus. As long as you are a member of ARM, shock implant stays. Steve wouldn't be as stupid as to give you all powerful weapons and positions with no means of enforcing the chain of command or keeping you from blowing up the Sword:
((Anyone can call themself a soldier when fighting for a cause, pretty words do not a military make. Without organised structure and official procedure we are nothing more then a private armed force. Also the UWM isnt gonna let any of us survive this, that is why we cannot leave until after the invasion.))

>I created the HMRC to gain fleshy agents for my plans. You're not prisoners, you're soldiers. When we finish this you'll be free to go. In fact, if you want, you can get off on Hephaestus and live out your life there.
Underline mine.
I don't think "live out your life on Hephaestus as a civilian" includes owning weapons and tanks.))
((For the final time, i never intended to keep the mecha for myself.))

Quote from: Simus>Steve
Would you please explain to Auron that I am still his commander? Just a small buzz from his implant and a few words should do.
((You seem to forget that steve freed us all, using the shock collars to enforce your will is in direct conflict with that.))
((It's less "enforce Simus's will" than "alert Steve to a place his will should be enforced/reminded of the existence of".))
[/quote]
((This isnt steves will, its Simus' panties in a bunch. Steve doesnt care how we defend the planet as long as we succeed.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3425 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:59 pm »

((Your character is free to leave. He could just say "I won't fight like a soldier, I'll work like a civilian.
And we have organized structure. There's Steve(glorious leader), then there's Milno(Espionage/Spec Ops), Jim(General), Miyamoto(General) and Simus(Neo-Magister of Hephestus) then there's everyone else.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: January 24, 2014, 01:21:57 pm »

((Anyone can call themself a soldier when fighting for a cause, pretty words do not a military make. Without organised structure and official procedure we are nothing more then a private armed force. Also the UWM isnt gonna let any of us survive this, that is why we cannot leave until after the invasion.))
((1. Steve clearly intends to make us a proper army, what with referring to us as soldiers and giving some people command positions and all.
2. Invasion =/= War. If that was the concern, Steve would have said you couldn't leave until the end of the war.))

((This isnt steves will, its Simus' panties in a bunch. Steve doesnt care how we defend the planet as long as we succeed.))
((So you say...but I highly doubt you'll be able to sell this as anything but a waste of resources, with Simus or someone on the other side.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »

((As far as the UWM is concerned, HMRC has revolted and occupied their planet. Ergo, the HMRC should be dealt with, and the planet should be freed. Anyone who decided to not be affiliated with the revolution would be off the hook, so to speak. If they were HMRC previously, but decided not to go ahead with the revolt, they would likely be spared an immediate execution, and just stuffed into cryo-storage until a better detention method is created.

Also, credit where it's due, a mobile artillery platform is useful, and a multilegged walker is better suited for navigating the ruins it's most likely to be sent into. The problem is with the means, not the end, for the most part.))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:40:40 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: January 24, 2014, 03:07:06 pm »

((Other than the excessively massive cannon (seriously, we could get a hell of a lot more and more useful things for the 25RU you spent on a gauss cannon that uses shells the size of a small child), Sean's right, for the moment. It's the means, not the end for Simus right now, and you've seriously annoyed her.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: January 24, 2014, 03:10:38 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: January 24, 2014, 03:23:37 pm »

((How about a massive laser instead?))
((Very pretty, but we can build static emplacements that are more powerful, and lasers make lousy artillery. :P))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3431 on: January 24, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »

((Why not build a giant "laser" on the moon? Then we can hold the world ransom and ask for a million dollars!))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:31:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: January 24, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »

((We don't have any British people in the UWM, do we?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: January 24, 2014, 03:34:23 pm »

((We already control the world though. But building a laser on the moon is possible. It's on my to-do list, actually, right after "Build giant engines to fly Hephaestus", and "Make the Paracelsus' Sword transform into a samurai robot".))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: January 24, 2014, 03:41:53 pm »

((We don't have any British people in the UWM, do we?

*raises hand*
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 243