Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 143156 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:10 am »

Hey does anybody happen to know why all workshop jobs take a little longer the more workshop jobs you do? And if there's a way to stop that?

If I take the time to try to give my adventurer some real armour / weapon smithing skills it starts to really slow things down.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2015, 04:23:06 am »

Hey does anybody happen to know why all workshop jobs take a little longer the more workshop jobs you do? And if there's a way to stop that?

If I take the time to try to give my adventurer some real armour / weapon smithing skills it starts to really slow things down.
Hmm i wonder: does traveling in and out help?
Also it might be that advfort generates too many unused jobs... Though it shouldn't be a huge deal. And traveling in and out (or sleeping) shouldn't change anything then.
Well anyway, another thing to look into.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:55 am »

Also it might be that advfort generates too many unused jobs... Though it shouldn't be a huge deal. And traveling in and out (or sleeping) shouldn't change anything then.

To clarify, it's the 'countdown' timer that starts from higher numbers. Like, turning a log into charcoal might start with (100) when you first do it, but after doing it many times it will start from (155) or something.

I don't think travelling / sleeping makes any difference, but I'll check next time I use Advfort.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2015, 06:34:14 am »

To clarify, it's the 'countdown' timer that starts from higher numbers. Like, turning a log into charcoal might start with (100) when you first do it, but after doing it many times it will start from (155) or something.

I don't think travelling / sleeping makes any difference, but I'll check next time I use Advfort.
Oh wow... That is really strange. Maybe some sort of "your character is sleepy/tired/etc..." because that number is set by df.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2015, 07:01:48 am »

Just notice you can now sleep in beds and eat on chairs.
going to test if sites can remember caged units, and if not and just megabeasts then do something that tricks the game into thinking the unit is a megabeast thus needs to be perma caged.

though I wonder if caged units who died in cages when reanimated could stay locked up in cages.

oh and one more thing if you caged someone while their in a middle of a chokehold that won't break the chokehold.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2015, 07:07:22 am »

I built cages with "script made" dwarves and they stayed in them. Ofcourse there is the question of is it a hist-figure, is the cage built and so on...

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2015, 11:21:42 am »

A completely random and possibly irrelevent guess on my part, but did you happen to leave your products in the workshop?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2015, 11:33:13 am »

A completely random and possibly irrelevent guess on my part, but did you happen to leave your products in the workshop?

Not a bad guess, but I doubt it's clutter. When making charcoal I'd only process a dozen or so logs at most then move the charcoal to smelters / forges. I'm pretty sure it didn't get better when the workshop was emptied.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2015, 05:06:33 pm »

NEWS!

Version: 0.02
        - fixed axles not being able to be placed in other direction (thanks SyrusLD)
        - added lever linking
        - restructured advfort_items, don't forget to update that too!
        - Added clutter view if shop is cluttered.

Have fun.

NOTE!!!: lever linking WILL CRASH if you do it in non permanent location (e.g. wilderness or towns(crashed for me!)) so don't! dfusion or that little advtool thingy has ways to create sites. Also backup saves!

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2015, 05:44:19 pm »

- added lever linking
Finally I can finish my waste disposal system! All those bodies were starting to smell. (For some reason it tends to spawn a ton of creatures whenever I leave the site and come back...probably because it is set as a lair?!)

And I can start thinking about new things to build around my lovely vulcano. Maybe add something to turn off my magma-fall.
Haven't found any new "quick fixes" yet. I noticed that some workshops (like the Mechanics Workshop) start with "working (-1)" when you aren't in the center square and try to make something. Hitting "wait for a few steps" twice still lets you start the job though...
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2015, 04:09:14 am »

Haven't found any new "quick fixes" yet.
Been making any pig iron recently? ;)

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:49 am »

Haven't found any new "quick fixes" yet.
Been making any pig iron recently? ;)
Yeah, that works. It's just a bit "complicated".

You need to take the iron (and later pig iron) out of the smelter to be able to use it.
Besides that you have to drop everything you need for smelting pig iron/steel on the ground where you're standing to be able to start the job properly (-> fuel, flux and iron / pig iron - though the latter can also be in the inventory it seems). If you added materials to a job and it fails to make it (for example because you missed one item), the things end up IN the workshop and you have to get them out to use them again.

Also, when melting ores you can happen to melt anything (?) that's laying on the ground where you are standing. I for example made some marble bars when melting hematite or limonite... (Hm... I should test if I can make some "live fluffy wambler bars" by melting my pet... - for science, of course!)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:32 am »

The game crashed every time I tried to do that. :(

I haven't tested it in version 0.02 yet, though.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2015, 10:47:07 am »

I'm pretty much always using a magma smelter because the standard one causes the game to crash when making coal, maybe the same bug is also around when making Pig Iron, I haven't tried that.
With the amount of smelting I do (Legendary Furnace Operator 3720/4400 already) and literally living in a vulcano ("It is scorching!" doesn't seem to bother my dwarf?) I felt like it made good sense to utilize the liquid hotness that magma is. (Besides that, I don't have any coal around me from what I saw.)

But yeah, no idea. It works fine for me using the magma smelter.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »

I'm pretty much always using a magma smelter because the standard one causes the game to crash when making coal, maybe the same bug is also around when making Pig Iron, I haven't tried that.
With the amount of smelting I do (Legendary Furnace Operator 3720/4400 already) and literally living in a vulcano ("It is scorching!" doesn't seem to bother my dwarf?) I felt like it made good sense to utilize the liquid hotness that magma is. (Besides that, I don't have any coal around me from what I saw.)

But yeah, no idea. It works fine for me using the magma smelter.
oh yeah watch out for melting your faceentire head off from severe heated Tears.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 31