Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Evolved: Up the Ladder  (Read 12654 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Evolved: Up the Ladder
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:06:33 am »

This is a sequel to another one of my games. I never finished the first game, but I wanted to continue it. Not from where I left off, though (unless people want to go back to the other one.) This time, you will be new bloodlings of the Delta strain, trying to survive in the harsh city of Galapagos.

Characters:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skills:

Character Stats:

Tribes:

Combat will be determined by a dice roller online. The player, or opponent, with the highest Spd goes first. (That doesn't mean post first, it just means that your actions will be done first.) If your character dies, your body will stay there to be eaten by the other players or be looted. You will be put at the waitlist, and the fist person on the waitlist will make a character and be put in the game.

Here is the original Evolved. This was my first RtD, so it's not the best.

I'll start with six players. Or more, if I think I can handle it.

Background:

By the way, I know how evolution actually works now. It's just that we've never been taught evolution in school, since our school didn't want to get mixed up over Darwinism or Creationism. I just read some books about evolution last month so now I know :D. Plus, there will be no more flies with lungs.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:46:48 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved: Up the Ladder
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:09:24 am »

Player Sheet:

Spoiler: Clair (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kira Aein (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zerol Cell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nectarius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inter Itum (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marcus Hyde (click to show/hide)

Waitlist:
    tomio175-Tom     
-------------------------

Spoiler: Food and Healing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Body part stats (click to show/hide)

Combat

Spoiler: Dice Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat rounds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actual Fighting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:31:21 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 03:30:49 am »

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:44:07 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 05:31:13 am »

Spoiler: Bio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:02:58 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 06:00:20 am »

Hmm, learning on evolution eh? Well if you've any questions/are unsure, just ask. ^^ Any medically related questions, point it my way ;P

Also, I really believe you've to set the enhancement right. Balance it, Cheese.

Spoiler: Kira Aein (click to show/hide)

Seeing as you're quite new to the boards, heads up: I like to RP, though seeing these conditions, I'd be probably alone in doing it. Ah well.

Cheers to seeing this not die, eh?

Edit: Flies don't have lungs. O_o

They have spiracles. Insects have spiracles - instead of oxygen undergoing the more complex process of our respiratory system, it directly gets delivered to each and every cell in the insect's body. Google it up if you want (I have books on it >.>)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 06:09:21 am by Tiruin »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:55 am »

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 06:51:35 am »

EDIT: Done.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:07:39 am by Harry Baldman »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:06:11 am »

Spoiler: Hroki (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:50:47 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 09:13:08 am »

I thought starting gear was randomly given to me lol. Give me a camp kit!
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »

Okay, let's start then!

You all slowly open your eyelids, your heads feel groggy and numb. You look around, and you see multiple Evolved, all stuck to the wall with a sort of fleshy, slimy substance. You are all in a dark room, the only source of light being the open ceiling. The ceiling is, however, webbed.
You struggle to get yourselves loose. Realizing that you aren't going anywhere anytime soon, you call out to each other.

After a while, you see two guards wearing armour made of skin walking down the aisle, dragging a small boy. The boy seems to be a bloodling, like you. He's screaming for help, but the guards and bystanders just laugh. He is dragged into a large chamber parallel to your cell.The guards drag him along to face a Gamma Evolved. The Gamma looks like a mixture of bear and lizard, with a big, muscular body covered with scales.

"Ah, new blood! Yes, Hir Laer will want someone like you," the Gamma said, gurgling when pronouncing a vowel.

"Please, what do you want with me? I have done nothing wrong! I must return to my family!" screamed the little boy.

"Oh, but you'll find you have no family to return to," he said, gesturing to a pile of corpses behind him.

"No! You monsters! I'll kill all of you! All of you!" the boy screamed, thrashing around in the guards' grip.

"Very well, if you will not serve the army of Hir Laer, you shall feed the army of Hir Laer!"

As he said this, the Gamma jumped onto the boy, ripping him apart with tooth and claw. Soon, he was joined by the others. The boy's screams muffled by the gnashing and thrashing of the Evolved. None of you, however, falter. This isn't the first time you have witnessed cannibalism. In fact, bloodlings are to eat the weakest bloodling of the tribe, so as not to pollute the gene-pool, during their rite of passage.

As the night broke, the warriors all left the building along with the Gamma. All those left are the two guards, along with other prisoners. You need to find food soon. You also need a way out, from the cage and from the fleshy substance that's sticking you to a wall.

Note: There's nothing stopping you from cannibalizing NPCs, or dead players. You can use any means to escape, realistically. Also, forgive me for any mistakes I may have made. English isn't my first language.  :P
Dying of laughter?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

Ah, I remember that game...I'll waitlist as my old character if acceptable and something else if not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »

Hroki didn't feel like talking to anybody yet, not while being chained and hungry. The fleshy substance is probably, edible, so Hroki whistles for his bat to free him from his chains.
Durrr..

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:36 pm »

Erin, not having any effective way to try to free herself from the slime, looks carefully around, attempting to locate the other prisoners, the source of the slime, any tools used to remove it, and watches the guards. when the guards are about to look at us, warn the others silently with an upraised, closed fist, or other similar silent signal. signal the all clear when they are ignoring us with an open palmed "go ahead" silent signal. use this signal system to let the others who can't see as well hide what they are doing from the guards.

EDIT: bio added to character sheet.

EDIT: added action from RP post later on

ask others if they can see my hands, if it's too dark for them to see well, simply warn them with a quiet moan ("Uhuhn") when the guards are watching, and signal the all clear with a quick quiet "Go".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:38:50 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:47 pm »

"Well, this isn't a good situation.... Let's see about getting out of here shall we?"

Freeze the sticky stuff to weaken it and then attempt to break free of it. Then silently figure out a way to break out of the cage. Perhaps freezing it lock might work. Though don't break out yet. I don't wanna get caught and I'm not good in a fight.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 08:07:55 pm »

"What a silly little boy he was. Such a waste of potential."

Smell the binding, what exactly is it? Try to figure out a good way to dissolve it. Shouldn't be too hard, after all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16