Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911445 times)

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #1035 on: June 28, 2016, 05:11:14 pm »

Hermit Mode is broken currently because it relied on a command in DFHack whose syntax has changed.  Meph thought he'd fixed it but apparently it's trickier than he'd initially thought and it remains broken in 1.07.  New releases are on Fridays, but Meph said he's working on Humans right now so I'm not sure he'll turn his attention to hermit mode at all this release.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:12:59 pm by daisha »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 28, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »

What script is that, out of curiosity? A syntax change shouldn't cause that much trouble - maybe it was a custom script that broke with 0.40 (or 0.42) instead?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 28, 2016, 05:56:31 pm »

one of the spawn new unit scripts.  I think there's an unknown factor he needs to track down that's screwing it up still, he tried adjusting the syntax and it still didn't work.  You'll know all I know if you real back over the last 2 pages of this thread, and the hermit mode thread below of course.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:11:19 pm by daisha »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 28, 2016, 07:36:45 pm »

It wasn't a syntax change, it was a bug fix that broke something else (because software is the spawn of Satan).  The new bug only occured if a specific age is assigned to a historical figure.  That happens in Hermit Mode.

The fix has been fixed, though I'm sure Meph is testing it so expect it on Friday rather than a hot fix.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1039 on: June 29, 2016, 05:30:07 am »

It wasn't a syntax change, it was a bug fix that broke something else (because software is the spawn of Satan).  The new bug only occured if a specific age is assigned to a historical figure.  That happens in Hermit Mode.

The fix has been fixed, though I'm sure Meph is testing it so expect it on Friday rather than a hot fix.
You never mentioned that the age was the issue. So I should leave out the age in the onload.init ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 29, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »

You never mentioned that the age was the issue. So I should leave out the age in the onload.init ?
You can, but then you're stuck with whatever random age the game picked as if the unit spawned at the edge of the map... which could leave your hermit with a short life expectancy.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 30, 2016, 02:30:36 am »

You can, but then you're stuck with whatever random age the game picked as if the unit spawned at the edge of the map... which could leave your hermit with a short life expectancy.

You could get the creature's raw and set it to whatever adulthood age it have.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1042 on: June 30, 2016, 05:01:18 am »

You could get the creature's raw and set it to whatever adulthood age it have.
I dont think thats necessary, even if I spawn 1-year old dwarves they act as fully-grown adults. They dont use the child sprites and I can assign labors to them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ThePerfectLink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th June
« Reply #1043 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:40 pm »

Alright so continuing from the last thread, I have the culprit here for the persistent crashing...  also yes it's dwarves and 1.06
https://mega.nz/#!XZcTDSqB!GnnX1vhs55byagFCJ7yZeOib4OmlHMfxVROlkllAsDA

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 30, 2016, 02:45:34 pm »

I dont think thats necessary, even if I spawn 1-year old dwarves they act as fully-grown adults. They dont use the child sprites and I can assign labors to them.
The first couple items on that script's 'to do' list is making youngins act appropriately.  But for now you could have 1-year-old adults.
Just got back, updating:

doctoxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 30, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »

Windows Defender is reporting the following:    [Trojan:win32/Rundas!plock]

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
file:C:\Users\docto\Downloads\Masterwork V1.08 (42.06)\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Utilities\Dwarf Mockup\DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:13:56 pm by doctoxic »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1046 on: June 30, 2016, 03:15:43 pm »

Items:
file:C:\Users\docto\Downloads\Masterwork V1.08 (42.06)\MasterworkDwarfFortress\Utilities\Dwarf Mockup\DwarfMockup-1.2.0.exe
It's a false positive. You'll see us discussing the same thing if you go back a page or two

doctoxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21:10 pm »

Items:
It's a false positive. You'll see us discussing the same thing if you go back a page or two

thanks  - by the way are there any instructions on how to use this mod?

cheers

ignore - i missed an entire folder  doh!!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:22:46 pm by doctoxic »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 30, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »

Could you make links to the race threads?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

ZaPPPa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 30, 2016, 10:04:11 pm »

I am currently in an embark with tons of cobaltite, however I am unable to use any of it. I am aware that it cannot be smelted, but numerous searches show it as usable for walls, floors and furniture. When I try to make cobaltite blocks in a masonry, I get the message that production is suspended because no cobaltite is available even though i have over 170 in stock and have given a stockpile the command to give to the mason explicitly. I even went ahead and checked the raws and made sure cobaltite is marked as [IS_STONE] and has all the elements that Gneiss has for example. I also went as far as moving the cobaltite entry from the 'inorganic_stone_mineral' to the 'inorganic_stone_layer' raw, which changed the icon into a regular stone icon, but otherwise did not change anything. What am I missing?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 166