Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35

Author Topic: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!  (Read 36160 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!
« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2013, 11:08:42 pm »

"...Well, what is it you do, exactly? If it's saving-the-world or something I just might accept, but if I'm just going to be a glorified hitman count me out. That's not what I signed up for. I'm not going to accept anything until I know a bit about what I'm accepting."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2013, 11:17:08 pm »

"By the way, since I'm agreeing to this job am I not allowed to write stories based on it? Because this would make a great story."

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 23, 2013, 12:32:26 am »

"By the way, since I'm agreeing to this job am I not allowed to write stories based on it? Because this would make a great story."

"No stories. We can't have the appearance of sparkies become known to the general public. That would cause mass chaos, which is exactly what we're trying to avoid. We've been fortunate so far, as they've only appeared in small numbers."

"...Well, what is it you do, exactly? If it's saving-the-world or something I just might accept, but if I'm just going to be a glorified hitman count me out. That's not what I signed up for. I'm not going to accept anything until I know a bit about what I'm accepting."

"Our goals are simple. Find magic users. Neutralize threats to the country. Keep the public from finding out about magic. And, hopefully, find out what is causing people to develop magical powers."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45:02 am »

Weston merely crossed his arms.

"Not exactly big on specifics, are we?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:30 am »

"They're a paranoid government, of course they aren't going to be specific. And if I do join, what exactly am I going to be doing and how bad could it get?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 23, 2013, 06:21:07 am »

"Hm...mind if I ask how and why you intend to stop the public from discovering the existence of magic?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 23, 2013, 01:09:12 pm »

"They're a paranoid government, of course they aren't going to be specific. And if I do join, what exactly am I going to be doing and how bad could it get?"

"You'll be helping us track down magic users, deal with any that fight back, and help us track the source of the magic."

"Hm...mind if I ask how and why you intend to stop the public from discovering the existence of magic?"

"The why is simple: if everyone knew magic existed, there would be social strife. Magic users would become pariahs, shunned by society. And people with lots of power getting shunned tends to not end well. As for the how, that's done by spreading misinformation. For example, the story in the local paper about tonight is that there was a barfight, and the police came to break it up and apprehend the belligerents. In fact, that's what the bartender believes happened, now that we've wiped his memory of the magic."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »

Weston barked a laugh.

"So you reward your trained watchdogs by removing their ability to know what to look for next time? I figured you secret government types were obsessed with secrecy, but I didn't think that you'd deliberately sabotage yourselves like that."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2013, 02:52:50 pm »

Hey, man, you've got your facts wrong. I'm no mage, I just use the power of nature, man. You got to respect nature. Tell me something, do those guys respect nature out there?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2013, 03:42:47 pm »

"You know now that I think about it, why don't you cut the problem off at the head and start showing that magic is a gift and those that use it are just as much people as the non-magic users? You know spread facts before the fiction can get out. After all if you told me that the mage next door to me was just like me, I wouldn't want to go lynch him."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:07:14 pm by kj1225 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 23, 2013, 06:43:19 pm »

Thumu laughed.

"Strife? You want strife? Try being the only scaled person in town, all the time. When I'm lucky, I'm treated as an exotic weirdo. When I'm not, I'm a monster. In any case, did your organization also try to erase all traces of the existence of colored people in the Civil War, or Japan in the second World War?"
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 23, 2013, 07:13:55 pm »

((New development, as soon as possible, Kyle is going to become a pirate. That is all.))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 23, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

Hey, man, you've got your facts wrong. I'm no mage, I just use the power of nature, man. You got to respect nature. Tell me something, do those guys respect nature out there?

"Look at the world around you. How many trees are cut down daily for consumption, or simply because they're in the way? Nature isn't a force anymore; it's an obstacle."

"You know now that I think about it, why don't you cut the problem off at the head and start showing that magic is a gift and those that use it are just as much people as the non-magic users? You know spread facts before the fiction can get out. After all if you told me that the mage next door to me was just like me, I wouldn't want to go lynch him."

"You try telling that to a bunch of jealous people and see what they'll do to try to get a slice of the gift for themselves, even if it's not possible."

Thumu laughed.

"Strife? You want strife? Try being the only scaled person in town, all the time. When I'm lucky, I'm treated as an exotic weirdo. When I'm not, I'm a monster. In any case, did your organization also try to erase all traces of the existence of colored people in the Civil War, or Japan in the second World War?"

"Exactly. And that's what our organization has set out to avoid. We're trying to keep the peace."

"So are you 5 in, or shall I start preparing the memory wipes?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »

Kyle sits up and opens his eyes. Then he looks around and lays back down. "Just to make sure you heard me and are talking to me. Yes!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2013, 10:02:52 pm »

"As much as I'm reluctant to work with you, I'm more worried about what happens if I don't. To translate: I'm in."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35