Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!  (Read 36162 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Magic (D&D 4E) - We're Going!
« Reply #300 on: May 25, 2013, 09:20:56 pm »

Weston arches an eyebrow.

"Er, am I allowed to use my powers? Some of them can be quite dangerous...is this room fireproof, by the way? Just curious."

((I have a power that can slide the guy if it hits. I can also try to trap him so he can't move without taking damage.))
(Huh. I have a power that causes damage if he doesn't move.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 25, 2013, 09:28:01 pm »

"Er, am I allowed to use my powers? Some of them can be quite dangerous...is this room fireproof, by the way? Just curious."

((I have a power that can slide the guy if it hits. I can also try to trap him so he can't move without taking damage.))
((That would be ideal to use, cause I can shift with him every time he shifts and once I mark him I can mind spike his ass if he tries to hurt anyone else. Also, I can blind him with one of my powers and immobilize him with my daily, so we just need to move him away from the door, have everyone else but me, and maybe someone who can move him again if he gets in the way again, move through and I'll bring up the rear.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 25, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »

((That would be ideal to use, cause I can shift with him every time he shifts and once I mark him I can mind spike his ass if he tries to hurt anyone else. Also, I can blind him with one of my powers and immobilize him with my daily, so we just need to move him away from the door, have everyone else but me, and maybe someone who can move him again if he gets in the way again, move through and I'll bring up the rear.))
((My sliding power is an at-will, so if he tries to shift back into the door I can always shift him away again.

Alright, going for the sliding power. Maybe once he's safely away from the door I'll use my encounter to help lock him into place))

"Hey Victor, it looks like you need to chill!"

Move two squares forward, hit Victor with Dragonfrost. If it hits, slide Victor 1 square to the right.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 25, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »

((My sliding power is an at-will, so if he tries to shift back into the door I can always shift him away again.

Alright, going for the sliding power. Maybe once he's safely away from the door I'll use my encounter to help lock him into place))

"Hey Victor, it looks like you need to chill!"

Move two squares forward, hit Victor with Dragonfrost. If it hits, slide Victor 1 square to the right.

Weston: Charisma: 14 + 4 = 18: Hit! 8 + 4 = 12 cold damage! Victor is slid one square east.

Victor aims his rifle at Weston and fires, hitting Weston for 6 damage. He then takes a step west, back in front of the door.

Spoiler: Grid (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 25, 2013, 09:52:43 pm »

((Hold the phone, Mego. Fargrim gets an opportunity attack because Victor used a ranged weapon while adjacent to him!))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:52 pm »

Step two squares North and shoot him.

My longbow does more damage.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2013, 10:07:15 pm »

((Hold the phone, Mego. Fargrim gets an opportunity attack because Victor used a ranged weapon while adjacent to him!))

((Good catch. Zako, basic melee attack or Twisted Eye (assuming you augmented it)?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 26, 2013, 05:08:22 am »

((How long does an augment last exactly?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to post my action. And yeah, you might as well use twisted eye if it counts having augment 1 if I've used augment 2 on it. Otherwise, use normal weapon damage.))

Mark Victor with Battlemind's Demand. Augment Twisted Eye with 2 points and then whack him with it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:53:36 am by Zako »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 26, 2013, 09:06:11 am »

((How long does an augment last exactly?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to post my action. And yeah, you might as well use twisted eye if it counts having augment 1 if I've used augment 2 on it. Otherwise, use normal weapon damage.))

Mark Victor with Battlemind's Demand. Augment Twisted Eye with 2 points and then whack him with it.

((Augments last until short/extended rests, in which case the points are reset. Augments are cumulative, so augment 2 implies augment 1.))

Fargrim: 13 + 4 = 17: Hit! 9 + 4 = 13 damage. However, the soldier does not appear to be blinded. He does, however, appear bloodied.

Step two squares North and shoot him.

My longbow does more damage.

Joe: 8 + 7 = 15: Miss! The arrow flies just above the soldier's head.

Fargrim: Marked! 5 + 6 = 11: Miss! You can't seem to blast him with psionic energy again.

((Now I'm just waiting on an action from kj1225.))

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:08:23 am by Mego »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2013, 11:42:33 am »

((Sorry, helping finish with packing up the house my family moved from a while ago and I haven't had a steady way to get on the internet for decent periods of time.))
"I haven't been shot at on the first day of a new job since the time I worked in a bar!"
Kyle runs up to Victor, pulls out his sword and attacks him with it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

((What square are you moving to? Are you going to move up next to him to prepare him for a flanking attack, or attack on a diagonal?))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2013, 12:28:57 pm »

((Sorry, helping finish with packing up the house my family moved from a while ago and I haven't had a steady way to get on the internet for decent periods of time.))
"I haven't been shot at on the first day of a new job since the time I worked in a bar!"
Kyle runs up to Victor, pulls out his sword and attacks him with it.

Kyle: 13 + 5 = 18! Hit! 6 + 5 = 11 damage!

Victor falls onto the floor, defeated, dropping a key. Kyle grabs the key and opens the door to the next room. The party heads in.

Also, you all gained 200 EXP.

You hear Slade's voice from a speaker in the ceiling. "Good, you 5 survived the first battle. That was the easy one. In this room, you have the same challenge, except now there are 3 soldiers. Meet Charlie, Mike, and Sierra."

Two male soldiers and one female soldier are standing in front of the door. They have the same equipment as Victor.

((For simplicity's sake, I'm only going to re-roll initiative for the 3 new soldiers.))

Initiative:
Mike: 25
Weston: 22
Joe: 19, 18
Fargrim: 19, 14
Charlie: 19, 5
Sierra: 18, 19
Kyle: 18, 2
Thymu: 8

Mike shoots Fargrim, dealing 7 damage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2013, 01:02:15 pm »

"Interesting."

((What's the chance that I get an action this time?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2013, 01:15:40 pm »

Move forward and east one square, then cast flame seed on Mike.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2013, 01:31:04 pm »

Should not have made an attack for mike yet, since I have speed of thought, I could have been right there to AOO him for that shot. I'll let it pass this time though.

I'll move directly below Charlie.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:08:38 pm by Zako »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35