Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122671 times)

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noticed that too. How about torrenting it?

cdombroski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hope nobody minds

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:94818f7384499c1ab12c189feeceb01e3006b9bf&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r52.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80
(I tried making it a link, but it looked like it wasn't right)

I have 5mbps which looks like it should be an upgrade from dffd.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

No problem with torrents at all, I just request the mirrors clearly label which version so people know if it's older. For limited use, reading the first post carefully will show a Dropbox link - but use with care, I don't want my account frozen and tge pack on DFFD gets enough traffic to do that several times over!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Your first post links to your first post in the second sentence. I tried to read it all and follow the links along, and now I am stuck in an endless loop D:. PLEASE MAKE IS STOP!!!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

This is for one of two reasons: it's either to have the exact same page on DFFD (NB - also self-links) and as the OP; or to catch bots in an infinite loop.  After all, if someone or something gets caught there, DF is probably not for them...
 Donations here.

catastrophy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for providing this. Made it so much easier to get back into the game.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hope nobody minds

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:94818f7384499c1ab12c189feeceb01e3006b9bf&dn=PeridexisErrant%20LNP%20r52.zip&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80

I just added my little VPS I'm renting as seed, I dunno my mbps* but I got a 80G/month limit, that shoulda be enough.

* EDIT: Made me nosy, iperf'ed a view sides, got on average another 5 MBit/s to add to your 5.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:59:24 pm by catpaw »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hope nobody minds

I just added my little VPS I'm renting as seed, I dunno my mbps* but I got a 80G/month limit, that shoulda be enough.

* EDIT: Made me nosy, iperf'ed a view sides, got on average another 5 MBit/s to add to your 5.

Woohoo!  If I ever get around to setting up my old laptop as a general-purpose network box, I'll join in.  (that might happen shortly after Toady releases version 1.0, so I hope I'll have a connection without tiny data limits by then)
 Donations here.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get a Rasperry:Pi :-)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Hmmm.  I hadn't thought much about it, but that may be easier than getting old hardware set up - the laptop is old enough to be similar to an Rpi, with less I/O options...  but free time and bandwidth still limit me. 
 Donations here.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that be the perfect excuse to get one of these awesome things? I got mine already working as wireless access point.

Anyway, don't you worry. Currently the download time for somebody who has not the bottleneck on his down link should be aprox 90 seconds with the two static seeds. Fine enough I think.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PeridexisErrant: When I tell LNP to install a tileset/update savegames, what exactly does it actually do during those commands?

I'm asking because I'd potentially like to swap between Phoebus, classic (16x16, which isn't even a default option in the GUI now an option in the GUI \o/), and maybe try out some other sets, but it seems like installing graphics replaces init.txt and/or d_init.txt with a default set, and it's annoying to go in and change my own details every time. What does it change in those? Any other init/raw* file changes? Also, I have no idea what "update savegames" does.

*(edit) I've also got a bunch of my own slight balance tweaks in the raws, typically 1-5 small changes per file, in ~10 files. Tedious to redo/check often.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:58:53 pm by Snaake »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

Ask here - I maintain the pack, but the GUI guts is other people.  As I understand it, the GUI writes the files in the graphics folder over the corresponding files in use, and then optionally does the same to saved regions.  In recent versions of the GUI, it also 'remembers' the way each of the GUI-changeable init options were set and restores their state after overwriting the init files (note that some options are silently changed, this is sometimes annoying but also covers the changes to point to the correct tileset). 

Regarding raw mods... this makes changing graphics harder, because many graphics packs use altered raws that point to different tiles - so you can't just copy them into each folder.  Some graphics are raw-compatible - for example, Spacefox (and maybe Ironhand?) are based on Phoebus raws, so some you can just copy.  I'm pretty sure there are actual utilities designed for people modding that make this kind of thing easier, but I've never needed them... so I'll just point you here.
 Donations here.

daveralph1234

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Dwarf Fortress for it's complexity.
    • View Profile

When I tell LNP to install a tileset/update savegames, what exactly does it actually do during those commands?
When installing graphics, the GUI will delete and replace the entire DwarfFortress/data/art folder, replace init.txt, d_init.txt and colors.txt in the DwarfFortress/data/init folder, delete the DwarfFortress/raw/graphics folder and copy/replace the contents of the tileset raw folder on top of the DwarfFortress/raw folder (including sub directorys).

Updating save games will delete the DwarfFortress\data\save\region*\raw\graphics folder and copy/replace the contents of the DwarfFortress/raw folder on top of the DwarfFortress\data\save\region*\raw folder (including sub directorys).

[where region* refers to every folder in the save directory, except the 'current' folder.]

As for preserving GUI settings when changing graphics, after replacing init.txt and d_init.txt, the GUI will modify the new files to match the settings currently displayed on the GUI.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the r35 version there were mill reactions.
from entity_default
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_FLOUR] added by Igfig
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_DYE] added by Igfig
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_SUGAR] added by Igfig
in the r52 version they are gone.

If I remember correctly they were introduced because milling would always take the closest stuff and to avoid milling dye when you wanted flour you had to micromanage your input stockpiles.
Was the removal on purpose? If so why?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 385