Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122672 times)

jwhite.df

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r3
« Reply #1110 on: August 31, 2014, 08:16:50 pm »

I'm seeding now, but TPB keeps redirecting me to a proxy that won't let me log in, so I can't upload the torrent file. Sig and wiki page are updated with magnet links though.

For the magnet link, you could just:
Code: [Select]
<a href=magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BA1B7A77FA2CE1C3FDA3F8DC38BF0AA086F55884>magnet link</a>
<a href=magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BA1B7A77FA2CE1C3FDA3F8DC38BF0AA086F55884>magnet link[/url]

Doesn't seem to work.

Sorry, in forum code:
[url=http://magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BA1B7A77FA2CE1C3FDA3F8DC38BF0AA086F55884]magnet link[/url]

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r4
« Reply #1111 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:35 pm »

that reformats the URL as
http://magnet/?xt=urn:btih:BA1B7A77FA2CE1C3FDA3F8DC38BF0AA086F55884

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 31, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

that reformats the URL as
http://magnet/?xt=urn:btih:BA1B7A77FA2CE1C3FDA3F8DC38BF0AA086F55884
also tried on the wiki, same result.

In the meantime, sig and wiki are updated. Added some fixed-space styling to the MD5 and magnet links to make them distinctive, and right-aligned the version #s.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 31, 2014, 09:33:08 pm »

I've enabled magnet: URL's on the wiki - the links at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Salithus should work now.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 31, 2014, 09:52:02 pm »

I've enabled magnet: URL's on the wiki - the links at http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Salithus should work now.
excellent! I hadn't yet even figured out how to ask for that :D

Arkhon Skyhex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: September 01, 2014, 05:16:59 am »

Shiny, master Peridexis, but can I have a request? Make TWBT an optional toggle. Whilst I can dig into inits to remove it, it's probably gonna be a PITA  every release since simply disabling the plugin whilst its already running predictably crashes the game and I'm not sure this pack is intended for people who do regularly open inits anyway :P In the meantime, is it toggled from init.txt , dfhack.init or somewhere completely different? So far I have made the multilevel entry into a comment and added "disable twbt" line, but apparently it runs it anyways and refuses to shut it off in a message right after load.

I'd like to keep using TrueType without this one because I don't like the multilevels personaly and tiles distort on zoom to fit the window, which is just eugh :'(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:18:36 am by Arkhon Skyhex »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: September 01, 2014, 06:07:36 am »

Shiny, master Peridexis, but can I have a request? Make TWBT an optional toggle. Whilst I can dig into inits to remove it, it's probably gonna be a PITA  every release since simply disabling the plugin whilst its already running predictably crashes the game and I'm not sure this pack is intended for people who do regularly open inits anyway :P In the meantime, is it toggled from init.txt , dfhack.init or somewhere completely different? So far I have made the multilevel entry into a comment and added "disable twbt" line, but apparently it runs it anyways and refuses to shut it off in a message right after load.

I'd like to keep using TrueType without this one because I don't like the multilevels personaly and tiles distort on zoom to fit the window, which is just eugh :'(

TwbT can be disabled simply by changing [PRINTMODE:STANDARD] to [PRINTMODE:2D] in the init.txt file. It would be possible to make a button for this, but it has a variety of side effects either way so it couldn't be labelled disable TwbT.  To avoid doing this every time you change graphics, just delete "hack/plugins/twbt.plug.dll"

Do you mind if I ask why you want to disable it though?

As many people claim not to use DFHack, I think you might be underestimating the benefits of TwbT - right now it covers stuff like the multilevel view, unique sprites for items, doubling the available tiles (one text set and one map set), and control over colors. The current nextgen branch, which turned out to be buggier than anyone realised, also completely changes how zooming works and allows you to have non-square tiles for text - meaning less space devoted to more legible menus - and different or larger tiles for the map.  The current version does have some bugs, but it's improving fast thanks to the feedback generated.  Getting this set up now means that we'll have a stable base to build on for new, more varied art; a known audience for which to build better graphics installers - or indeed better graphics, and so on. There was always going to be a buggy period while bringing it to a new version of DF, so please don't let that influence your opinion of it too much.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: September 01, 2014, 06:33:55 am »

Ever since letting go of 40_10 r2 and updating, I have had odd behaviour.

Whenever I hit a key whether it be 'q' or 'esc' or pretty much anything, the scene changes the camera position. I have no idea why this is. It usually goes up or down Z-levels, but I am far from hitting those keys.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: September 01, 2014, 07:07:28 am »

I would check your keybindings. Maybe something got accidentally switched?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

escudero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: September 01, 2014, 07:37:25 am »

Ever since letting go of 40_10 r2 and updating, I have had odd behaviour.

Whenever I hit a key whether it be 'q' or 'esc' or pretty much anything, the scene changes the camera position. I have no idea why this is. It usually goes up or down Z-levels, but I am far from hitting those keys.

It happens the same to me, it has started only with the latest r4 release. And from Text Will Be Text I only get the cool multilevel stuff but the font is the same as ever.

Arkhon Skyhex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: September 01, 2014, 07:59:30 am »

TwbT can be disabled simply by changing [PRINTMODE:STANDARD] to [PRINTMODE:2D] in the init.txt file. It would be possible to make a button for this, but it has a variety of side effects either way so it couldn't be labelled disable TwbT.  To avoid doing this every time you change graphics, just delete "hack/plugins/twbt.plug.dll"

Do you mind if I ask why you want to disable it though?

As many people claim not to use DFHack, I think you might be underestimating the benefits of TwbT - right now it covers stuff like the multilevel view, unique sprites for items, doubling the available tiles (one text set and one map set), and control over colors. The current nextgen branch, which turned out to be buggier than anyone realised, also completely changes how zooming works and allows you to have non-square tiles for text - meaning less space devoted to more legible menus - and different or larger tiles for the map.  The current version does have some bugs, but it's improving fast thanks to the feedback generated.  Getting this set up now means that we'll have a stable base to build on for new, more varied art; a known audience for which to build better graphics installers - or indeed better graphics, and so on. There was always going to be a buggy period while bringing it to a new version of DF, so please don't let that influence your opinion of it too much.

Thanks for the heads up, I can see this becoming the next staple in the pack, but due to the way it alters the looks of the world, I have numerous problems with it. Due to the (shitty) nature of my VA monitor, the shading on the edges of z-levels ghosts, which is hard on the eyes. Not part of its problem, but leaves me no choice but to turn it off. I also see some performance drop - possibly due to the multilevel render - as well as making distinctions between said z-levels is not very clear in some cases. So far, its more pretty than practical.

I will definitely give it a chance when the zooming gets fixed in regards to distortion and stretching, but TWBT may require some additional controls in the launcher once it gets refined and established as a new utility, such as a separate font menu. Based on what I saw in its feature list, there are many things for fine tuning. I of course don't expect you to have headaches with it too much integrating it, but some basic toggles may be needed for the users at large.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:09:08 am by Arkhon Skyhex »

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 01, 2014, 08:14:01 am »

Why can i not change the letter font anymore with F12, it's stuck on the large blocky text that is hard to read. Did not have this issue with R2.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:08 am »

(Wrong thread, sorry)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:55:46 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 01, 2014, 09:00:50 am »

Why can i not change the letter font anymore with F12, it's stuck on the large blocky text that is hard to read. Did not have this issue with R2.

i am no modder so take my comment with a grain of salt but as far as i know its duo to twbt which isn't really working together with true type (which you try to enable).

you could try do disable it, look some posts above (maybe on the previous page) which tell you how to do it. my short time suggestion is changing the graphic set. i personally like spacefox which letters are quite readable without truetype.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: September 01, 2014, 09:03:51 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143211.0 is a thread worth reading if you're caught offguard by the TwbT functionality.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 385