Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122662 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1545 on: October 18, 2014, 03:40:19 pm »

I have a really dumb question. How do I turn most of the DFHack stuff that shows up inside DF off? I like nanofort, and DwarfTherapist access, but that's really all I want. I've come to some serious problems where DFHack utilities are using the same keybinds as stuff in DF. I can't access my military screen, can't move my embark site down/south, and a few other problems.

I just want to play a game.
DFHack keybindings don't conflict with default DF keybindings - either you've changed your keybindings, or your "Alt" key is stuck (as mentioned a few posts above).

Hey guys,

My game crashes as well when I use the command "stonesense overlay".
The game is extracted and I have a world in which I have already embarked.
I just updated my .NET framework and the issue still persists.

I'd provide a crash report, but I wouldn't know where to find it.
Any idea what could be going wrong? and is there any other information you guys need from me?

Thanks in advance, pretty excited to get playing this modpack when I get all the features running.
I don't believe the overlay works with DF 0.40.xx yet.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:45:01 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

paranoidweazle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:19 pm »

Alright, then I'll wait around for it.

Much appreciated.  :)

Pidgeot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: October 18, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

I have a really dumb question. How do I turn most of the DFHack stuff that shows up inside DF off? I like nanofort, and DwarfTherapist access, but that's really all I want.

There's a toggle to disable all of DFHack in the PyLNP launcher (on the DFHack tab) if you really want to. I don't know anything about nanofort, but Dwarf Therapist doesn't require DFHack.

Of course, this also disables TWBT, since that's a DFHack plugin - so the graphics are going to be different if you do this. You may want to set the Print Mode to 2D in that case, so you can have TrueType.

If you want to keep TWBT active, but ditch everything else, you'd have to do what LeoCean suggested and edit dfhack.init to rip out everything you don't want.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:37:50 pm by Pidgeot »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: October 18, 2014, 04:40:42 pm »

I have a really dumb question. How do I turn most of the DFHack stuff that shows up inside DF off? I like nanofort, and DwarfTherapist access, but that's really all I want. I've come to some serious problems where DFHack utilities are using the same keybinds as stuff in DF. I can't access my military screen, can't move my embark site down/south, and a few other problems.

I just want to play a game.
DFHack keybindings don't conflict with default DF keybindings - either you've changed your keybindings, or your "Alt" key is stuck (as mentioned a few posts above).

Hey guys,

My game crashes as well when I use the command "stonesense overlay".
The game is extracted and I have a world in which I have already embarked.
I just updated my .NET framework and the issue still persists.

I'd provide a crash report, but I wouldn't know where to find it.
Any idea what could be going wrong? and is there any other information you guys need from me?

Thanks in advance, pretty excited to get playing this modpack when I get all the features running.
I don't believe the overlay works with DF 0.40.xx yet.
The embark utilities steal the s key on the embark screen, which collides with selecting a symbol for a location note. I just changed select symbol to capital S, but it was a collision.

I also recommend changing embark to alt-e.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: October 18, 2014, 06:18:59 pm »

Ah, I forgot about the problem on the notes screen. I did submit a patch for that, so it should be fixed in the next version. (My point was that the "s" key isn't used for moving the embark site by default.)
If you're looking for a way to prevent embarking accidentally, there are options in d_init.txt to control that, both on the site selection and material selection screens (EMBARK_WARNING_ALWAYS and POST_PREPARE_EMBARK_CONFIRMATION, respectively).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Kyeld

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: October 20, 2014, 01:22:59 am »

It's a fairly common problem on Windows. Does it occur if you disable Quickfort (if you have it enabled)?

I don't have any utilities enabled on the launcher. 

ignite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 20, 2014, 03:41:15 am »

Last time i played DF was ~1 year ago. That time i used DF Lazy Newb pack to start DF with Phoebus tileset. Now i installed Starter pack, and have one problem. When i choose some of graphic tilesets and start the game, i see DF menu with pretty fonts .... for a second... and then something goes wrong i suggest, screen blinks for a moment and default DF fonts appears. Also i see my choosen tileset on main game map (when embarked), but world map (on side screen and on world map when choosing place to embark) is styled in ASCII default. When i used Lazy Newb Pack, all of these (fonts, main screen, map screen) was styled in choosen tileset. What might be a problem, guys? Tried to switch True Type Fonts on/off with no effect

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:41 am »

It's a fairly common problem on Windows. Does it occur if you disable Quickfort (if you have it enabled)?
As noted a while ago, most problems with malfunctioning keybindings are because alt-tabbing leaves the alt key 'stuck'; tapping alt again resets this.  It's due to a SDL bug, so not much can be done by anyone but Toady. 

When i choose some of graphic tilesets and start the game, i see DF menu with pretty fonts .... for a second... and then something goes wrong i suggest, screen blinks for a moment and default DF fonts appears. Also i see my choosen tileset on main game map (when embarked), but world map (on side screen and on world map when choosing place to embark) is styled in ASCII default.
This is normal, thanks to the dfhack plugin "Text will be Text" - menus and text screens use ASCII, while the map itself uses graphics tiles (it also allows custom item/building graphics and multi-level view).  It's better than truetype because it works on all screens, and can even use a different tilesize to fit in more information.

Once you embark, you'll see the difference!  The world map uses ascii because the plugin isn't finished yet  ;D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 20, 2014, 09:42:54 am »

When i choose some of graphic tilesets and start the game, i see DF menu with pretty fonts .... for a second... and then something goes wrong i suggest, screen blinks for a moment and default DF fonts appears. Also i see my choosen tileset on main game map (when embarked), but world map (on side screen and on world map when choosing place to embark) is styled in ASCII default.
This is normal, thanks to the dfhack plugin "Text will be Text" - menus and text screens use ASCII, while the map itself uses graphics tiles (it also allows custom item/building graphics and multi-level view).  It's better than truetype because it works on all screens, and can even use a different tilesize to fit in more information.

Once you embark, you'll see the difference!  The world map uses ascii because the plugin isn't finished yet  ;D
Well, the large-area maps don't have their own font yet because the plug-in isn't finished.  There is a work-around if you absolutely, positively hate seeing the text font on your maps (pick the TWBT_LEGACY draw mode), but it's recommended that you stick with TWBT mode.

TWBT is a very different way to solve the same problem that TrueType addresses (namely, menu text that's too wide and sprinkled with odd symbols).  TWBT has the advantage that it is under active development, whereas TrueType support is on the same back burner as all of the other graphic features in vanilla.

If you're interested in the technical details, the plug-in has its own thread here.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 20, 2014, 01:50:40 pm »

As noted a while ago, most problems with malfunctioning keybindings are because alt-tabbing leaves the alt key 'stuck'; tapping alt again resets this.  It's due to a SDL bug, so not much can be done by anyone but Toady. 
Yes, but several of the people who reported problems with "Alt" had Quickfort enabled, and the problem went away after disabling it.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 20, 2014, 01:53:23 pm »

This isn't exactly true - QuickFort on windows also intercepts the Alt key, which is why when people bring it up that's something I ask them to check. It results in a slightly different behavior:

SDL bug - Alt key is "stuck" on, resulting in key being ALT+key, eg "a" becomes "ALT+a"
QF bug - Alt key is intercepted, resulting in ALT+key not being registered at all, eg "ALT+s" doesn't do anything at all.

e: ninja'd D:

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 20, 2014, 04:50:28 pm »

With the new version, autolabor and partial mouse control keep re-enabling themselves, even though I turned them off last time I played and they show as unchecked in the launcher. Autolabor especially is really screwing things up, how turning off all hauling for virtually everyone when there is a lot of hauling jobs needing done is a good idea is beyond me. Every time I load my save, boom, have to fix it all over again. I tried enabling them both, loading, saving and exiting.. Then disabling, and repeating but it didn't change anything.

Any ideas how to deal with this?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:04:53 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:13 pm »

Are they still enabled in dfhack.init, onLoadWorld.init, or any other .init files in the DF folder?

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 20, 2014, 05:01:16 pm »

Are they still enabled in dfhack.init, onLoadWorld.init, or any other .init files in the DF folder?

I couldn't find anything that seemed to control partial mouse control, but onLoadWorld.init shows "multicmd autolabor 0"

The other mentioned files has nothing within that seems to control those. At least searching for "labor" and "mouse" didn't turn up anything that seemed relevant.

Can't disable it before loading the save game either, it just tells me the game isn't active.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:03:55 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 20, 2014, 05:33:03 pm »

All this stuff is usually handled through onLoadWorld.init

First, it disables persistent plugins.  Second, it loads and runs the launcher settings - so I suspect that you've got something active in LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init or PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 385