Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126666 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5
« Reply #1560 on: October 20, 2014, 06:17:45 pm »

All this stuff is usually handled through onLoadWorld.init

First, it disables persistent plugins.  Second, it loads and runs the launcher settings - so I suspect that you've got something active in LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init or PyLNP_dfhack_onLoad.init

That was it. I changed it to zero.. What is odd, though, is in both launchers they showed as disabled. What should I type in for disabling the mouse control? I changed enabled to disabled, but that didn't seem to be the right syntax.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just commented out the mouse control variable and that seems to have fixed it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:32:40 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Ostar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 22, 2014, 11:59:36 pm »

TWBT still giving me problems. When I play on my Win7 widescreen desktop with r5, I still have the bug where the screen is off centered when it moves to a Dwarf after having baby, a mood, etc.
Playing r5 on my Vista laptop  (1280x800), everything loads but then TWBT causes the loading screen to scramble, with random characters all over instead of the menus appearing, and I can't start the game because nothing is readable. Changing Print Mode to 2D makes the loading screen appear as normal, and I can start the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »

I'm having another issue which I haven't been able to solve.

I upgraded PE releases and did the copy data from older starter pack. Current save game started in r4. I am using Ironhand tileset, which I usually do.. However I switched using the launcher, to Phoebus to check it out since I hadn't seen it in awhile. I decided to change back to Ironhand and use Phoebus in my next game. Problem is, I have most of the Ironhand graphics but the smoothed walls are clearly Phoebus walls, but when engraved turn mostly black like unmapped squares. And most items dropped (seems to be items that are wearable) on the ground are just black boxes. I've tried swapping (and updating save games) back and forth, and even to entirely different ones but it isn't fixing the issue.

I don't recall ever having the issues before and I've never attempted it without the launcher doing it for me. I think it first occurred after upgrading to r5 from r4.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:21:53 pm by BoogieMan »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 23, 2014, 06:09:08 pm »

Screenshots?  It's hard to diagnose graphics issues from a description, and I don't recognise either of these problems.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 23, 2014, 06:17:50 pm »

Screenshots?  It's hard to diagnose graphics issues from a description, and I don't recognise either of these problems.

Good point. :) Here you go:

Here you can see the different walls:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bottom left, near the archery range those black tiles are arrows. Most other wearable items look the same. Engraved walls also look weird. Kind of like chain links - also near bottom left in my closed cell with my Werelizard Miner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know swapped from Ironhand to Phoebus, and maybe I checked out a few others before finally going back to Ironhand.. I don't recall specifically. I wasn't really paying attention because it's never been an issue of note before.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:29:00 pm by BoogieMan »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 23, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »

Update your twbt version to 5.27 that will fix it. Here It's interesting it does that to engraved walls but I think the current version of twbt at that time already had fixed this problem. 5.25 did I'm pretty sure because mifki had just added the ability to color background tiles differently. But when the current version of the lazynewbpack came out it came out with the 5.24 version, I assume it wasn't realized that it was updated to 5.25 because by the time of the release it had already been out for 7-10 days from what I remember when I looked into that awhile ago.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #1566 on: October 23, 2014, 08:34:41 pm »

I know swapped from Ironhand to Phoebus, and maybe I checked out a few others before finally going back to Ironhand.. I don't recall specifically. I wasn't really paying attention because it's never been an issue of note before.

Did you update raws/savegame after changing tileset? It looks like you didn't.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 24, 2014, 12:07:24 pm »

Yes.

Update your twbt version to 5.27 that will fix it. Here It's interesting it does that to engraved walls but I think the current version of twbt at that time already had fixed this problem. 5.25 did I'm pretty sure because mifki had just added the ability to color background tiles differently. But when the current version of the lazynewbpack came out it came out with the 5.24 version, I assume it wasn't realized that it was updated to 5.25 because by the time of the release it had already been out for 7-10 days from what I remember when I looked into that awhile ago.

I'll give that a shot, thank you. I assume that is something that comes with the starter pack by default?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:11:52 pm by BoogieMan »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 24, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »

Yes, just install what's in the 40.13 folder of that download to dfhack/pluggins and overwrite. You can see in the changelog that, that exists is in the latest version the 5.24 version of it.

If you had 5.24 you could check yourself and see that issue where all the overrides turn black because of twbt. It was around the time you started your work on the background and foreground colors and then by 5.25 it was fixed. I already checked this issue a week or more ago so that's how I knew.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 24, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »

dfhack/pluggins
It's actually <Dwarf Fortress folder>/hack/plugins.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 24, 2014, 06:08:52 pm »

I did extract and overwrite those 4 dlls to the hack/plugins folder and it did fix items on the ground, however, my walls are still screwed up. I tried changing the tileset over and back again, but it didn't have any effect.  ???

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 24, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »

dfhack/pluggins

Well close enough  :P I've been thinking of other things.

I did extract and overwrite those 4 dlls to the hack/plugins folder and it did fix items on the ground, however, my walls are still screwed up. I tried changing the tileset over and back again, but it didn't have any effect.  ???

Are you using linux? Check that the GRAPHICS_FONT is set correctly in the init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\data\init.... I've really no idea what this issue is cause I engraved things as a test in the version of r5 I have and added 5.27 and the engravings are fine but then again I haven't personally seen them like your picture before anyways so...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 24, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

Are you using linux?
If so, this pack may not be for you :)  I mean, it's probably possible to use it with WINE or something, but I only support Windows Vista - 8.1, and a native Linux pack is available:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8936
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

Are you using linux?
If so, this pack may not be for you :)  I mean, it's probably possible to use it with WINE or something, but I only support Windows Vista - 8.1, and a native Linux pack is available:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8936
Beautato's pack also uses a different naming scheme, not to mention the fact that Linux doesn't use .dll's or backslashes in paths. Disregarding that, I don't think the behavior of graphics packs varies across platforms (aside from a few bugs in libgraphics), although some TwbT bugs could be platform-specific (from what I remember, some builds are only tested on OS X).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 08:25:54 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 24, 2014, 11:35:47 pm »

dfhack/pluggins

Well close enough  :P I've been thinking of other things.

Are you using linux? Check that the GRAPHICS_FONT is set correctly in the init.txt in Dwarf Fortress 40_13 Starter Pack r5\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.13\data\init.... I've really no idea what this issue is cause I engraved things as a test in the version of r5 I have and added 5.27 and the engravings are fine but then again I haven't personally seen them like your picture before anyways so...

Nope, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 385