Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126501 times)

TorZar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_24 Starter Pack r14
« Reply #2730 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:09 pm »

Awesome work, grabbing this latest release now.

I've been using latest Masterwork for fortress mode and it's doing its job well.. But I'm getting crashes now that I've stepped into Adventure mode with it. This is all new world gens using nothing copied from old worlds etc.. All fresh and separate worldgen for adventure mode specifically.

Just wondering, have there been any reports/causes of Adventure Mode crashing for any reason using Starter Pack (DFHack, Packs or otherwise related?)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: July 06, 2015, 08:43:05 pm »

TwbT has been known to cause instability in adventure mode.

(Unrelated: Peridexis, have you looked at this?)
For anyone experiencing crashes: there have been a number of reports of menu-mouse crashing consistently on embark.

Also, from what I've heard, it sounds like mousequery and menu-mouse are controlled by the same launcher option - I'd recommend making them separate options, since they apply to different areas of the game and mousequery is more mature and stable.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TorZar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: July 06, 2015, 08:49:02 pm »

TwbT has been known to cause instability in adventure mode.

(Unrelated: Peridexis, have you looked at this?)
For anyone experiencing crashes: there have been a number of reports of menu-mouse crashing consistently on embark.

Also, from what I've heard, it sounds like mousequery and menu-mouse are controlled by the same launcher option - I'd recommend making them separate options, since they apply to different areas of the game and mousequery is more mature and stable.

Quick, Thanks for this ;) Will test out 2D for starters

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: July 07, 2015, 08:29:58 pm »

A lot of people are reporting flickering issues with this pack, which I'm assuming is due to autoresetgrid and TwbT being activated at the same time. Peridexis - are you sure you included "no-opengl" as an argument to autoresetgrid?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: July 07, 2015, 09:15:29 pm »

Peridexis, have you looked at this?

A lot of people are reporting flickering issues with this pack, which I'm assuming is due to autoresetgrid and TwbT being activated at the same time. Peridexis - are you sure you included "no-opengl" as an argument to autoresetgrid?

I missed that the first time - I'll do another release in the next day or two that splits them again and notes the issues with menu-mouse.  The command I'm using is "autoresetgrid enable no-opengl", in a command file called by dfhack.init - I guess that'll go back to optional too, though it wasn't flickering for me.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: July 07, 2015, 09:39:36 pm »

Well, I just tested it with TwbT and the screen isn't being refreshed when TwbT is in use (i.e. the renderer is accurately reporting that it uses OpenGL). My guess is that either your copy of the script is out-of-date or there's an unrelated flickering bug in TwbT (which is possible, given that nobody's reported the "reshape_graphics" messages that were logged to the console last time).

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: July 07, 2015, 09:52:51 pm »

Well, I just tested it with TwbT and the screen isn't being refreshed when TwbT is in use (i.e. the renderer is accurately reporting that it uses OpenGL). My guess is that either your copy of the script is out-of-date or there's an unrelated flickering bug in TwbT (which is possible, given that nobody's reported the "reshape_graphics" messages that were logged to the console last time).

Hmm, a problem that may not be my fault - how novel!  Autoresetgrid is the version currently in your master branch for dfhack-scripts, which I downloaded 18 June.  Since I can't produce flickering at all in released setup (and don't have time to test all other combinations), I guess it's time to call Mifki over...
 Donations here.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #2737 on: July 07, 2015, 11:05:05 pm »

Hmm, a problem that may not be my fault - how novel!  Autoresetgrid is the version currently in your master branch for dfhack-scripts, which I downloaded 18 June.  Since I can't produce flickering at all in released setup (and don't have time to test all other combinations), I guess it's time to call Mifki over...

Well, there were no flickering bugs in TWBT ever before, so I suppose it's not me.

TorZar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: July 07, 2015, 11:42:36 pm »

Confirming flickerage.. Being that my adventure mode is working flawlessly now, I can manage a couple of seizures ;)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: July 08, 2015, 08:27:37 am »

I'm getting semi-common crashes with this version. Usually on save(although it still seems to save successfully) but also on occasion during play. It will just freeze and I have to alt-tab out to see "Dwarf Fortress has stopped working"

In the past I've very rarely experienced crashes during play.

I'm using this pack with the default settings and the Ironhand graphic set, and only Soundsense running in the background. The fort itself is only on year 2. Is there some kind of crash log to look at for hints as to the cause? I do see an error log, but none of the information looks important and the file wasn't modified recently, so doesn't contain info from the most recent crash.

I'm not using the Mouse Control option available under Hacks, which I've read has caused issues for some people. Going to disable Workflow and see if that resolves the issues, as it has for someone else. Will update after testing.

EDIT: A few hours of time in game with no crashes, however I still crashed on saving once.

Seems perhaps disabling the Mouse and Workflow hacks can help with in-game crashes. Will update again once I get more time to test it out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:02:07 pm by BoogieMan »
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: July 09, 2015, 06:25:45 am »

Guys, I cant download the pack (it is stopping about 40 MB)...is there any alternative link?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: July 09, 2015, 07:19:28 am »

Guys, I cant download the pack (it is stopping about 40 MB)...is there any alternative link?

Yep - mirrors are listed in the first post of the thread!

You can download the latest pack above, at Two's mirror or /u/Hecknar's mirror - and the mirrors also have older versions too.
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: July 09, 2015, 12:12:31 pm »

I guess it's time to call Mifki over...
[/quote]
I imagine the mifki signal shines a big number in the clouds using a coffin for the zeros, at which point he just has to come over and fix it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Ertaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: July 09, 2015, 02:36:55 pm »

Yep - mirrors are listed in the first post of the thread!

You can download the latest pack above, at Two's mirror or /u/Hecknar's mirror - and the mirrors also have older versions too.

Thx PeridexisErrant, got it!

ldog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: July 09, 2015, 09:04:25 pm »

So Soundsense has stopped working on me. Refuses to launch. I updated, ran a...what is it a week now with R14? I just deleted the R13 pack the yesterday, and that's when I noticed the issue. I'm thinking a non-updated path somewhere? Still investigating but wondering if anyone else has ran into the issue.

Disregard, while the above is true, it's a Java error. This old computer has been becoming more and more unstable, just trying to amuse myself while waiting to get my TB of shit off of it and onto the new one.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:11:47 pm by ldog »
Quote from: Dirst
For example, if you wanted to check if a unit was eligible to be a politician or a car salesman, you'd first want to verify that there is no soul present...

Quote from: gchristopher
The more appropriate question becomes, are they awesome and dwarven enough.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 385