Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4122762 times)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
Re: PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20
« Reply #3315 on: February 10, 2016, 05:55:08 pm »

And TwbT is the likely culprit behind the panning crashes I've had. Since I stopped using TwbT I haven't had any of those.

what panning crashes?

Kedryn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: February 10, 2016, 07:19:15 pm »

And TwbT is the likely culprit behind the panning crashes I've had. Since I stopped using TwbT I haven't had any of those.

I have also assumed that this was my problem but just disabling multi-level instead of whole TwbT fixed it for me; neither of my ATI Radeon cards liked it. ;)

what panning crashes?

When panning around the map using TwbT with multi-level my DF would crash. It seems to be a problem that affects few people, though.

<second edit>
Looking below, it seems that it doesn't affect as "few" people as I thought. :P
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 10:14:49 pm by Kedryn »

deepfield

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: February 11, 2016, 04:06:04 am »

I'm getting a lot of random crashes with the 0.42.05 r1. I'm using the version of DFHack that was included in this release. I wish I could look into what is causing it more but log files are lacking. I've yet to be able to reproduce it. As far as I know right now its when I am moving the camera around.

Also worth noting, I have 'multilevel 0' as it helps with fps

GaenaralHONK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: February 11, 2016, 10:12:28 am »

Are you sure it's not TwbT? TwbT distributes a modified version of the mousequery plugin.

I'll try running without TwbT. I place my furniture with the keyboard anyway, only ever use the mouse to look at things and choose workshops.

Edit: Tested without TwbT. Designated 32 rooms with furniture at the same time, everything worked perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:06:10 pm by GaenaralHONK »

Salkryn

• Bay Watcher
  • Pining for the fnords.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: February 11, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

And the update rollercoaster starts anew.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: February 11, 2016, 03:57:53 pm »

When I saw the new version, I immediately rushed here to see if the 42.05 Starter Pack had been updated.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: February 11, 2016, 04:23:38 pm »

Same lol

BadLeo

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't mess with me. I'm a legendary +5 curser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: February 11, 2016, 04:50:55 pm »

Are you sure it's not TwbT? TwbT distributes a modified version of the mousequery plugin.

Uuh! I didn't knew that! MOAR testing...

Edit: Yeah, I got crashes while placing furniture on the 42.05-r1 version, even with "Mouse Controls" disabled. The crashes come on the same manner as before: while clicking to place the object or even while moving the cursor around with an object selected for placing. But, yeah, it was TwbT. Disabling it stops crashes and I can even enable "Mouse Controls".
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:50:49 pm by BadLeo »
If you think dogs like socks, that's because you never met a dwarf.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: February 12, 2016, 07:22:23 pm »

When I saw the new version, I immediately rushed here to see if the 42.05 Starter Pack had been updated.

Yeah... same here.  I've been waiting for the ability to choose the subject matter of statues and artworks forever.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

reiraf21

• Bay Watcher
  • Just Outlander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: February 13, 2016, 04:48:28 am »

Dwarf Fortress is updated to 0.42.06!!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: February 13, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »

Any chance there's a functioning version of DT for .42.06?  I can live without the rest of it, but the big waves with no job management... *cringe*
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

domanite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: February 13, 2016, 07:35:27 pm »

Minor issue when I first started the beta starter pack (0.42.05-r01) - I can't change the key bindings on the front page of the launcher. I can select any of the lines, but the green highlight always stays on the "Vanilla DF.txt" entry no matter what or how I click.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: February 13, 2016, 09:35:38 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is updated to 0.42.06!!
I know.  Nothing else is compatible yet.

Any chance there's a functioning version of DT for .42.06?  I can live without the rest of it, but the big waves with no job management... *cringe*
Not yet, just keep playing 42.05 if it's that bad.  Or 40.24, which I *still* consider has the best support.

Minor issue when I first started the beta starter pack (0.42.05-r01) - I can't change the key bindings on the front page of the launcher. I can select any of the lines, but the green highlight always stays on the "Vanilla DF.txt" entry no matter what or how I click.
Known issue.  It does actually install keybinds, but doesn't show that.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

UncleSporky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: February 13, 2016, 09:38:50 pm »

I'm sorry if this is a common question that gets asked or a known issue or what, I'm just curious...

With the latest version of the cutting edge pack, on Windows 7, decent modern computer, starting a new save on it, I get constant scrolling errors in the DFHack console from dwarfmonitor.

stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'require'
        ...Dwarf Fortress 0.42.05\hack\lua\plugins\dwarfmonitor.lua:4: in main c
hunk
        [C]: in ?
...Dwarf Fortress 0.42.05\hack\lua\plugins\dwarfmonitor.lua:4: module 'gui' not
found:
        no field package.preload['gui']
        no file 'C:\Users\SYSTEM~1\GOOGLE~1\DWARFF~3\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.05\hack
\lua\gui.lua'
        no file 'C:\Users\SYSTEM~1\GOOGLE~1\DWARFF~3\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.05\hack
\lua\gui\init.lua'
        no file '.\gui.lua'
        no file 'C:\Users\SYSTEM~1\GOOGLE~1\DWARFF~3\Dwarf Fortress 0.42.05\gui.
dll'
        no file '.\gui.dll'

With dwarfmonitor disabled to keep the DFHack console quiet, I also notice the occasional error from stockflow.  For now I've disabled both of these in dfhack.init.

Is this a known issue, or something expected with the release as is?  If not, I can provide any other info needed to help solve the issue.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: February 13, 2016, 10:11:46 pm »

Is this a known issue, or something expected with the release as is?  If not, I can provide any other info needed to help solve the issue.

Some bugs are expected from an alpha release of DFHack; you might want to report specifics in the DFHack thread or on Github.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 385