Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4126604 times)

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack
« Reply #4545 on: October 22, 2017, 01:12:42 pm »

Sorry if i wasn't clear, my english is not that good :P It gave me the error i mentioned before:
"Windows cannot access the especified device,path or file.You may not have permission to access the item."
I am able to create folders and files inside the "top folder", as you said it, so i do not think that the problem is the one you commented.

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: October 25, 2017, 10:50:31 am »

Sorry to do this, but i am really anxious to play the game, so... Does anyone knows how to solve my error?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:27 am »

Put it somewhere that's not program files. Try your desktop.

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: October 25, 2017, 11:18:34 am »

Thanks for replying.
I did not extract it to Program Files, i extracted it to my External Hard Drive, and even after putting it on my desktop it did not work.
Sorry for my bad english :P

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: October 25, 2017, 12:27:03 pm »

Which version of Windows are you running ?
Are you administrator of your computer ?
Have you tried right-click then "Run as administrateur" ?
Have you tried re-downloadind the game ?

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: October 25, 2017, 12:58:02 pm »

I am running Windows 7 X64, as i said before. I am system administrator, tried running as admnistrator and also tried re-downloading the game, and sadly nothing worked.
Any other tips?

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: October 25, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »

I tried un-marking it as "Read Only", but it always has a blue square on it.

What do you mean by that?

Also, which software did you used to extract the archive? 7zip?

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: October 25, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »

When opening the properties, there is the "Read Only" option. It had an blue square on it, and after unmarking that square and pressing ok, it comes back. But after looking into other files, i noticed that every file has that blue square, so i think it does not mean "marked".
I used WinRar.

0rion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: October 25, 2017, 05:14:58 pm »

When opening the properties, there is the "Read Only" option. It had an blue square on it, and after unmarking that square and pressing ok, it comes back. But after looking into other files, i noticed that every file has that blue square, so i think it does not mean "marked".

That's because you're looking the properties of a directory. The blue sqaure indicates an "intermediary" value that shows the unknown read-only status of the files contained within the folder. If you try to change the read-only setting for a folder, then a message will popup asking you if you want to apply the change to only the file contained within the folder, or the file contained also within any sub-folders. The next time you open the properties dialog for the folder, the blue square will be back. This does not indicate that the read-only status of the file within did no take.

Did you try to unzip the archive directly on your desktop instead of unzipping it on your external hard drive then copying to the desktop?

CrazyMalk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: October 25, 2017, 06:26:59 pm »

Hum, nice to know that. I confirmed that i wanted to apply the change to all subfolders, and the square did not turn black. It just went back to being blue.

Yeah, i unzipped it directly to desktop and it did not work :/

Melange

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: October 26, 2017, 05:27:27 am »

I think I should preface this with the fact that it's my first time playing Dwarf Fortress. The tile-set really helped but as my population increases, I desperately want to use Dwarf Therapist but it doesn't work. When I run the version included in the pack it throws up this error message :

I tried downloading the latest version of DT and it opens, however even when my game is running, it simply shows me an empty page and gives an error if i ask it to 'read dwarfs'.

Any help on what to and how to resolve this?
I have verified that the programs are not corrupted, tried running it through the starter pack ".exe" file (Doesn't even open DT) and DFHack's "autolabor" is not running.
It's like regular childcare, except with more dogs, and less care.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: October 26, 2017, 11:30:31 am »

For the time being, if you use dfhack it has lite version of therapist in manipulator - l hotkey in unit list, if it isn't listed on the bottom you'll have to enable it by typing enable manipulator into console or popup console (default access Ctrl-Shift-P).

Also, mind that the version listed on DT front page is outdated.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: October 26, 2017, 01:11:17 pm »

Also, mind that the version listed on DT front page is outdated.
The version of DT? Which front page, this thread or the DT thread (or something else)?

I believe manipulator is enabled by default in this pack, so you would have to disable it yourself to keep it from showing up.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thorfinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 26, 2017, 01:36:06 pm »

Melange, my guess is that you are missing the runtime. At least, that's the message you would get. I couldn't get the official one to work on a friend's computer, so had to install/uninstall a compiler to get it to work.

In my opinion, there's not much DT gives you that Manipulator does not, apart from "Roles" being a convenient way of finding preferences. Maybe sexual preference, if you like to micromanage. But that's more than made up for by not having to reach for the mouse.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: October 27, 2017, 12:29:56 am »

I like being able to column-enable and disable dwarves, manage livestock, find out their preferences and use it for planning skills and moods, use their attributes to plan jobs and military, find nobles without preferences for baron and other such things as well.

@lethosor's: The 42.06 version on front page of DT's thread.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 385