Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413282 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.50
« Reply #1560 on: February 21, 2014, 10:17:06 pm »

I kind of like the idea of Michael getting Soul Trapped and stuck into an absolutely mundane magical item..

Just hope this all doesn't lead up to us accidentally being made part of the Numidium.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:21:18 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 23, 2014, 07:17:44 am »

Firstly, Michael, what functions does the phone have?

Before we go about possibly selling the phone, we should appraise its usefulness to us for once. I'd much rather try to charge the phone, either through use of channeling pure magika through it or small amounts of shock magic if possible. Somehow.

Either way, I say we go through the corprusarium and get more insight on us and our situation from Dwemer guy.

And please people, stop making assumptions on how the resets work for now. A few people seem to be taking their views on it as fact, when it's about as clear as Vivec's conversation. All we know is we can die and the world can reset. There's no reason to believe they're connected, and there's no way to know when the world will reset, or when it will reset to.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 23, 2014, 10:22:45 am »

I agree, try to barter the phone for training instead of filthy mammon.

Don't tell him about the death thing

Do tell him about that in our world stuff is done with maths, and that people that are considered mediocre at maths in our world, are considered good in Morrowind If he asks about our ability, then show him, but don't try to impress him.

Go see the dwemer guy, but ask about levitation first

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 23, 2014, 02:20:47 pm »

I don't often give you guys advice, but are you certain it's wise to tell the thousands year old wizard who:

1) Is a biological hobbyist who clones people for fun and profit, thinks corprus is really cool and hesitates to call it a disease, and has as an entire basement full of horribly bodily-mangled half-insane monstrosities who can't die of old age...because that's his hobby.
2) At least in vanilla, imprisons even Redoran nobility in his dungeon and then forgets about them with impunity.
3) Cares so little for your dignity that the first thing he did on meeting you was ask you to disrobe, without explanation, so that he could examine you.
4) Subsequently then told you with a straight face that  "your discomfort was a price he was willing to pay"
5) Has outright stated that one of the reasons he wants you to go through the corprusarium is that you might die, resulting in him getting what he wants without having to pay for it.

...does it seem like a good idea to any of you to tell this person that if you die, the world resets and nothing bad happens?

Does anyone think that's a good idea?
I see no way how this could go wrong.
...okay, let's not tell him.

I still stand by my other suggestions. Not showing the phone to Yagrum would be wasting once in a life time opportunity. But do that only if we can secure way back up first.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 23, 2014, 02:54:29 pm »

All we know is we can die and the world can reset. There's no reason to believe they're connected, and there's no way to know when the world will reset, or when it will reset to.
Exactly! It's only happened twice (that we know about), and in only one of those instances were we dead.

It would probably be a good idea to ask if there's a way back up once we've finished our errand.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 23, 2014, 03:32:46 pm »

Barter for Training.  One school (or equivalent value) now, and more if Yagrum says the phone is valuable.  It's something he could be great at, and it might not cost him as much as gold would.  This more equitably balances risk/reward, as he doesn't have to give full value now, and we're planning on spending the gold on training anyways.  And if the phone is valueless, he's not out X gold like he would be if we asked for payment in gold for a potentially worthless item.  We basically want a flexible contract contract:  We will sell you the phone, with X guaranteed upfront, and an "adjustable" (Y) based on the assessment of Yagrum, a third party.  Also, training might help us survive said run.

Also, if we can find out what clover's task is, that might be something we can help her out with for a favor from either party (or both!).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:40:20 pm by sum1won »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 23, 2014, 03:35:23 pm »

He probably has more money than time... and he may be a great wizard, but we're far from a great student.

Still, If we can swing it as a compliment he's free to turn down, by all means ask if he'd be willing to teach us instead.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 23, 2014, 08:52:51 pm »

Yeah, that. I mean, we're probably just gonna spend it on the magic school anyway, so if we can cut-out the middle-man, and go ask him (politely) if he'd be willing to teach us, we can finally start learning how to not-suck.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 25, 2014, 03:01:36 am »

Submission cutoff for episode 51

Mostly written. Probably up tomorrow night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 26, 2014, 07:32:33 pm »

Yeah, that. I mean, we're probably just gonna spend it on the magic school anyway, so if we can cut-out the middle-man, and go ask him (politely) if he'd be willing to teach us, we can finally start learning how to not-suck.
I'd like to point out, once again, that learning magic is not going to suddenly make us not suck. It's just going to let us suck at something else, once we learn a spell or two to fail repeatedly at casting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: February 26, 2014, 09:18:43 pm »

Going by stats, it's where we have the greatest capacity to improve to a useful state within a useful time frame.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 27, 2014, 01:30:39 am »

I'd like to point out, once again, that learning magic is not going to suddenly make us not suck. It's just going to let us suck at something else, once we learn a spell or two to fail repeatedly at casting.
Important part bolded. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 27, 2014, 05:39:41 pm »

Maybe he can spare Alfe for the teaching task, she is the smartest and a caster herself.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 03, 2014, 09:37:26 pm »

Yeah, so I've been neglecting this. Next update is about 80% written, and has been for a while. I just need to sit down and finish it.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 04, 2014, 06:22:27 am »

Welp, here is to hoping we get caught in a horrific groundhog style cyclus of experimental deaths and reversions.  :P
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 161