Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Author Topic: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.  (Read 29857 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG : Always accepting waitlisters!
« Reply #630 on: August 28, 2013, 03:12:47 pm »

(( Fuck, just found out I'm back at school in less than a week. Probably going to end this here, because last year of (UK) college, important :/

Sorry for messing you around there, Dwarmin.

Anyway, GWG, KJ, do your characters have any long term plans? Purely because this is a persistent world, and it may make a difference.

Sorry that this is ending. ))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 28, 2013, 04:06:16 pm »

((Kyle wanted to go on to become a pirate king. Once he was ungollemized.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2013, 04:32:20 pm »

Krom hasn't had time to worry about the long-term. He's been busy escaping from his wrongful imprisonment, chatting with an omniscient tapestry, destroying* a massive draconic demon, etc.
He would, however, like to find out why he was imprisoned and find an enjoyable, scholarly way of life.

*Come on, can anyone else honestly say they think their attacks did as anywhere near much damage as Krom's many-runed rocks?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2013, 04:41:06 pm »

((Well, this game was truly heroic in the time you kept it going SJM.

Assuming my gal friday would find her way back to life-and now that the games dying, I'm not sure if she should-she'd probably try to help Kyle get back to human form, since she likes him. Maybe something would have developed between them. Either way, it'd be a whirlwind thing and soon she'd be back on her lonesome, unless someone she trusted followed her, climbing the ladder to the top of the 101st.

@Gwg: Hey, I'd say Ryxa did you one better. :P She took down the Dragon and crippled it at the cost of her own life, before it could firebreathe the whole party dead.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 29, 2013, 03:32:57 am »

((Just for clarification here -

Ryxa: 60% dragon health, eliminated the minions, stunned the dragon. ( - dead )
Krom: 38% dragon health - very dramatically
Kyle: 2% dragon health, kept the mage free from minion bites, letting him write on rocks.

I'd say you all contributed pretty well :P

As for Ryxa, I think she'll stay dead. Because I track characters in this world in far too much detail, and them dying saves a fair bit of bookkeeping. Wrapping up post to come. ))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:38:08 am by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2013, 04:36:05 am »

The journey homeward passes in silence, but when you arrive back, you are greeted by cheers. The gathered populace of Bastion stands before you, a number of familiar figures amongst them. The cheering barely quiets as the crowd catches sight of the body. Then silence begins to spread, starting from a single dwarf - Ironwrit. An aisle forms, to the great gates of the city, and as the king takes Ryxa in hand and starts to walk, Ironwrit falls in behind you.
 The Myrmidon receives a full dwarven funeral -  the halls of the city echo with the sound of clashing tankards for days, and the body rests in a crystal glass coffin. Mru’shkane is left sheathed, for no one present can remove it, and a memorial built around it besides her resting place in the catacombs. She receives burial in the hall of heroes, alongside the other legends of the Dwarven empire. Her face rests peaceful beneath the glass, her wounds concealed. Her tattoo twists, and changes, taking the shape of crossed swords - the sign of one who died honourably. A tiny speck of silver fluid shimmers lightly on the brim of her lips, barely visible.
 The king himself ends the funeral, speaking in her honour. ‘We have gathered these past days to celebrate the life, and mourn the death, of the one called Ryxa. She came here but a week ago, a stranger, yet prepared to die for our city. And so, to our great sorrow, she did. I cannot tell you exactly how she perished, for your own sakes, but know only that without her sacrifice we would not be standing here today. It has however, made one change which I can tell you of. I am hereby resigning as your king.’ A roar echoes throughout the cavern where you stand, and seems to take an age to die down. ‘I leave my hammer and crown to he who is voted my successor, and wish them luck. For there are things I have to deal with, which could only bring misfortune on those under my rule. Thus, I bid you goodbye.’
 Some time later, he arrives at your chambers. He stands unarmoured for the first time since you met him, and his head seems humbled by the absence of it’s crown. He presses a letter into your hands, and pausing only to say, ‘Goodbye, and good luck,’ he departs. The note itself is marked with the royal seal, and is in the king’s own hand.

I am forever in your debt, friends. But it is a debt I cannot repay. The seal on this letter will guarantee you full authority with any in the empire, but it feels like a mere token gesture in light of all you have given me. Thus, in place of reward, I offer explanation.
 I am not all I appear to be. You have probably already gleaned this. My nature is not mortal, but demonic. I have witnessed this world since it’s beginning, and only amongst the Dwarves have I ever felt at home. Thus, when they were on the verge of breaking, I forged them back together. I founded this city, where you now stand, as a symbol of all that this empire could herald. And thus those who would see it doomed sought to end it. Vaydesh is one such. A demon also, and one less sympathetically inclined than myself. He has hounded me for eternity, seeking always to destroy what I build. No more. If I did not know the gods, I would claim that they had sent you. For you have saved not only me, but the whole of my realm.
 Kyle, the ship you arrived in from Central City truly was a routine shipment, looking for guards. Krom, the village you stumbled upon was Stonehold, destroyed centuries ago by an attack from Vaydesh himself, I believe. There were no survivors, so I can only assume. Since then, dragons are rarely seen, and we believed here safe to settle. That was foolish of me. As for your capture there, I can only assume they seeked to recruit you - in the same manner they recruited those with the skulls made of shadow. Vaydesh never was one for subtle methods.
 I myself have probably left as you read this. There are more like me and Vaydesh, and they do not all match my temperament. The heroism of your friend has made me see that this cannot be allowed to continue. I have eternity to live my life. It is nothing for me to devote even a century of it to pursuing my fallen brothers. I wish you luck, as I hope you would wish me.
 Farewell, friends.

Kyle and Krom both departed for central city the following day, using the seal to ensure passage. They sought the alchemist the innkeeper had mentioned on their first night in bastion, and they found him. He made Kyle back into flesh, and asked in return for a single favour, repayable when asked. This was agreed.
 Then the two returned to Bastion, and held vigil at their fellow’s grave. They parted ways here - Krom sought to return to a peaceful way of life, and Kyle quite the opposite.
 The troll departed for his own kind, taking with him the scroll, and the other strange artifacts. His roaming eventually led him back to the village of his birth, very much the wiser. The people there took him back in with joy, for they had fallen upon hard times, and with his guidance and magic they began to prosper. He built for himself a tower, and stored there all he had come across in his travels, surrounded by his prospering town.
 The thief took with him the seal, and with a dwarven ship under him, sailed in search of adventure. This thirst was satisfied by a brief encounter with a rival captain, ending in Kyle’s victory. He took the man’s rank, and with his new-found crew took to a life of piracy on the high seas.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Lone Isle RPG : Concluded.
« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:57 am »

Spoiler: ! (click to show/hide)

Years Later

Dwarves have long memories, it's said. So many who saw the young Drow woman swaggering on their streets of their fine city, they could not help but remark upon the resemblance to Ryxa Hunneld, The killer of the Great Shadow, herself. This one is somewhat shorter-and her stance is looser and more fluid. Where Ryxa danced and pirouetted, this one flows from stance to stance like smoke on the air. The skin and eyes are the same, her skin is charcoal grey, with specks of stardust in her rich, dark black hair. Her ears are slightly shorter, and her frame more compact. Less perfect, and yet more beautiful. A tattoo is on her right shoulder-the number 24 displayed proudly.

She spoke to no one, stopped for nothing. One hand always resting on a short, curved blade sheathed at her hip.

The woman marched right into the Kings room. She did not bow or scrape or ask for passage. The Royal guard raised their hammers menacingly...but a quality in her eyes and manner made them step back.

She stood before the throne. Then spoke loudly and boldly, daring any to deny her. And yet her voice was not hard and cold. She had a wide smile.

"Usstan'bal doer whol ussta ilhars killian."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2013, 06:05:13 am »

(( Whilst I remember, here's the drow translator that has been used
http://www.eilistraee.com/chosen/language.php
Because there's all sorts of nice things hidden in the drow text :P
And I'm leaving Dwarmin's bit as a cliffhanger.))
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:20:05 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 29, 2013, 06:21:43 am »

((Wait... When did she...? What!?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 29, 2013, 06:26:46 am »

((Wait... When did she...? What!?))

((Cliffffhanger!))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:09 am »

((Not so much since I put it through the translator. Now I need to know who is the father.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 29, 2013, 06:44:43 am »

((And that's why it's a cliffhanger. :P ))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 29, 2013, 06:46:35 am »

((I'm half willing to bet Kyle just because of the fact that the relationship was teased but I am ninety percent certain that they didn't do that.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 29, 2013, 07:00:06 am »

((Just for clarification here -

Ryxa: 60% dragon health, eliminated the minions, stunned the dragon. ( - dead )
Krom: 38% dragon health - very dramatically
Kyle: 2% dragon health, kept the mage free from minion bites, letting him write on rocks.

I'd say you all contributed pretty well :P
Huh. That's rather more than I thought the little sword did.
Also, Krom killed a lot of minions as well.

Anyways. What?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:43 am »

((I'm half willing to bet Kyle just because of the fact that the relationship was teased but I am ninety percent certain that they didn't do that.))
((You've invoked the shipping god on a dead RP.
How dare you.

Speaking of which...dammit. I was looking at this RP and it was interesting, but I decided to not join. :/))
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44