Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 590532 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Illustrated) Roll to Dwarf
« Reply #915 on: August 13, 2013, 07:50:12 pm »

Hey, I can understand the desire to release a bit with some insanity. Sometimes, being the sane man in the asylum is a bit too much.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 13, 2013, 08:22:41 pm »

(Totally not a bump in disguise)

Hey guys, how about some jokes? What sorta music do stone instruments make? Rock, of course!
Now, guess what platinum makes...?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 13, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

And do you know what type your innards make? Neither do I! Let's find out...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 13, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »

(Totally not a bump in disguise)

Hey guys, how about some jokes? What sorta music do stone instruments make? Rock, of course!
Now, guess what platinum makes...?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Punish this pun by turning one of his fingers into gold. Inanimate gold, mind you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 13, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »

Please! NO! Greatwyrmgold, I was planning to study under you, and use both smithing and magic to create a... Well, if I survive, you'll find out!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 14, 2013, 11:04:03 am »

Summon the ghosts of the elephants who died and have them haunt the mount home to... ANNOY EVERYONE!
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 14, 2013, 03:55:22 pm »

spawn as TESLA MAN, a human in power armor that uses tesla's  inventions for his own gain, with particle death-rays mounted on the arms, his earthquake machine in the feet, and telsa coils mounted on the back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 14, 2013, 04:35:16 pm »

Please! NO! Greatwyrmgold, I was planning to study under you, and use both smithing and magic to create a... Well, if I survive, you'll find out!
You can still learn. You'll just have to learn with one less mobile finger.
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 14, 2013, 04:57:52 pm »

Then just don't make it the middle one ;)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 14, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »

Enter as a human.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 14, 2013, 07:25:55 pm »

Mountain Homes
MAKE A PILE OF PICKS AND MINE THE GEMS RARRERERAR
Send out police crundles to stop the beserking dwarves spreading blood on my engravings. Start working on my artifact golden whip.
CREATE LIFE!!!! MWAHAHAHA
Continue brewing. +1
Laugh madly and combine my digging and dwarf-fu moves to destroy everything in sight!
Get revenge on the Gem-Seeker and that idiot dwarf who attacked my guardian by using my aurokinesis to hurl the Gem-Seeker out the hole in the roof and at that dwarf.
Order Golden Guardian, if animate, to defend itself.
Create Great Gold Gurdwara, celebrate if successful.
Punish this pun by turning one of his fingers into gold. Inanimate gold, mind you.
Fire a planet-destroying Kamehameha at the ground.
MOAR LAZORS
Tantrum because of a lack of decent magic.
Shadow cloud above the location, now. The day/night cycle should be fixed. +3!
Take cave flora. Chop into little pieces. Ingest nasally, experience the wonder of Nature.
Scream at the top of my voice "STRIKE THE EARTH!"!
Stone mage time.
In other words, learn the sphere of stone.
Summon the ghosts of the elephants who died and have them haunt the mount home to... ANNOY EVERYONE!
(4) You summon a small pile of picks!
(1) Your crundles can't find your engraving because you never showed them! They pile on top of you!
(5) You absorb the dwarf blood from the ground around you and shape them into a Blood-Spawn!
(1+1) You stop to drink some more, at least this keeps you drunk longer!
(6) You cause a cave in! The mechanic's Shop has been destroyed, and a yak has been killed!
(3) You chuck your Gold Seeker out of the Mountain!
(2) You fire a tiny ray of light at the ground.
(4) You go back to your mining! What, what's that?
(2) You kick the wall. It hurts.
(1+3) All thanks to your shadow absorption, you finally turn the day into night!
(3) You snort some wild sweet pods. It makes your nose burn, your eyes water, and your taste buds cry in joy.
(6) "STRIKE THE EARTH!" (All work on expanding the fort {mining, building, etc.} gains +3 for the next three turns, starting next turn)
(4) Now that Bunnybob stopped focusing on killing you, you can enjoy the wonderful feeling of lightheadedness from blood loss.
(2) Sometimes, you think that in a past life, you were the greatest elephant that ever lived, and will ever live. And then you remember that you're a statue, and that most statues don't think.

Random Event (3) Still nothing happens...

Outskirts of Mountain Homes
Apologize for kicking stuff over. Try to make wizard armor like killerhellhounds.
Go to mountainhomes.
(2) You whip up some winds to form armor around you! It does nothing!
(1) This stupid wizard is in your way, and he's making the weather very annoying for your cavern-adapted skin. At least the sun mysteriously disappeared.

Dragon's Coast
Unearth the whatever it is (pretty sure I know that its a terraformer, but the dragon doesn't)
(5) You look at the strange object, and it begins to glow brightly!

Lamias' Capital
study up.
(5) You can immense power well up inside of you! You can almost reach out and command it!

Wizard's Island
Portal in a ship and accompany the siege tower and summon a gas mask as well we are going to a dwarf mountion home while they shouldn't have gas weapons in this universe yet it pays to be prepared.
continue towards Mountainhomes. Fire ballista at marine life.
(6) You summon a massive war galleon and a gas mask. You're not sure where the gas mask came from, but you don't ask questions. You sail off!
(4) You set sail along side of the new ship! Then you show some fish who's boss!

Unknown
Damnit. Multiply, start making hosts. Expand to airborne transmission and make it so hosts explode after 24 hours. It spreads by contacting the skin.
(2) You appear to have infected some kind of a... reptilian, maybe? You adapt to the strange host, but it will take more work to be able to spread.

Depths of the World
CONTINUE TUNNELLING UPWARDS
(1) You run out of breath!

Afterlife
Have a look around at the afterlife.
(2) You look around dumbfounded. You see Death. He points you to the revolving door.

Other
spawn as TESLA MAN, a human in power armor that uses tesla's  inventions for his own gain, with particle death-rays mounted on the arms, his earthquake machine in the feet, and telsa coils mounted on the back.
Enter as a human.
(3) You successfully enter the world as a human. Unfortunately, you don't have any power armor, but being the first human is still something, right?
(4) You enter the world as the second human, right next to the first. You're not sure where you are, right now.

Spoiler: The Age of Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creatures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Civilizations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wonders (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wizards (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Humans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Others (click to show/hide)

OK, TALKING TIME

I'm trying to sort the turns by the location a player is in, the locations are listed by distance to the current story focus (right now, the story is focusing on the Mountain Homes).
Also, I'm trying to make pictures for each location. This makes each update take a bit longer, but I think more people would enjoy it.

How are these working for everyone? Do they make logical sense? I started making the pictures because I felt that the people who were not in the mountain homes weren't getting as much fun, and I'm trying to fix that.
Also, I'm going to try to set up some more permanent rules for various things rather than just try to judge things on a case-by-case basis. Mostly these will come into effect when the focus goes away from the mountain homes and toward the world in general.

However, there is should still be plenty of time before that happens, as the Age of Dwarves will have to end first.
When the age does end, there will be a lot of new rules, and some people are going to need new characters in order to fill out the world, but for those that are fond of their current characters, I'm writing rules for that as well, so you won't lose your guy.

Also, with the addition of poketwo and Tavik Toth, we have reached 25 players! That's way more than I originally thought I would be able to keep track of, but it's going smoother than I could have hoped for. Sorry if the game takes some time between updates at times, but I'm trying my best.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 14, 2013, 07:35:42 pm »

On the topic of how I feel about the game. I don't really mind how long the updates take because I have other things I play in.
On the topic of my action:  Finish what I wanted to do and finally take control of the space sphere!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 14, 2013, 07:38:45 pm »

Assume direct control of this form.
He he he, Harbinger is awesome.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 14, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »

find more humans.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 14, 2013, 08:03:56 pm »

Use the bonus to mining to mine someone's skull in!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 233