Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378046 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Halberd Man]
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2013, 06:14:43 pm »

Quote from: toaster
Attention waitlisters: Considering this game
wouldn't exist without him, I told Piecewise that
I'd jump him to the front of the waitlist.
Something tells me it'll start moving pretty
quickly here in a minute.

I would be ashamed of you had you not done this.
I wonder if i could forcibly make him ally with me...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2013, 06:39:56 pm »

So if someone dropped Chink off a ledge on someone's head, the dropper would get the point.
If Chink fell off on his own, he would.

Right.

Who would get the point if Chink jumped off a ledge onto his own head?

Nobody.  This rule applies to all cases of self-inflicted death.

Who would get the points if I wiggled in such a way as to make it so that a swing that would have missed instead hit the target and killed it?

I'm going to go with the wielder still on this one.  Given you lack any sense organs beyond your skin, it's going to be rather difficult for you to be any actual help.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2013, 06:42:53 pm »

Wait, he has skin?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2013, 06:45:03 pm »

I still have some skin on the "handle". I don't much else, though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2013, 06:53:58 pm »

He has skin everywhere except the sharp bits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

((Oh goodness wasted turns again.))

Myra blinked at the sudden commotion in the room.

"Yeah, I'll just be going..there. What's with the fighting..."

Err, get out?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »

I'm not sure if I like the fact that the only thing Chink will ever feel again is me swinging his shaft around.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »

I'm not sure if I like the fact that the only thing Chink will ever feel again is me swinging his shaft around.
At least I can be satisfied in the fact the my weaponry is larger than yours.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 08:53:41 pm »

At least I can be satisfied in the fact the my weaponry is larger than yours.

If there is anything I can say about the original perplexicon and, it seems, it's new incarnation, it's that it seems tailor made for dick jokes.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »

This looks interesting.
I just finished reading 2/3rds of the original only to find out that it had ended.
Even had a list 70+ of words...

Character Sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:11 pm »

Casually walk away, disengage from combat, etc.
If assaulted, damage enemy genitals. 

Your magical power expended, you whistle and walk away, in the grand tradition of Saturday morning cartoons.  Thankfully, your crotch-stomping skills are not called upon.

(Mod note:  Your pool will fully refill at the end of next turn, assuming you continue to not be in combat.)

"Well now."

Research, then go grab Chanala

Your murder sense tells you that you need to head south, after a bit of magical demystification.

[Pot:5] Another of the now-familiar shimmering images.  This one appears to be a pickaxe.  How dwarven.

[Pot:4] This one's some sort of tool.  Long handle, flat blade at the end.  Digging tool or something?

[Pot:1] Nothing happens.

[Pot:2] A faint shimmering blob.

[Pot:3] Uh... it's a thin squarish shape.

You head to the southern room, note the spikes on the wall, and pick up the Amazing Torso Halberd.

[Str:4] Ugh... barely, that is.  This thing must weigh 50 pounds- not exactly what you want in a weapon.  It's not helpful that the torso part is still pretty much human sized.  Maybe you could drop it on someone.

Kill...Fuzzy...
Smash Joe's chest in.
Whip Fuzzy with my 'hand'

[Joe Spd: 2+1]
[Fuzzy Spd: 1]
[Jack Spd: 4-1]

[Joe End:6-1]

[Joe Dex:1-1]
[Jack Dex:1]

[Fuzzy Dex vs Joe:6+1]
[Fuzzy Dex vs Jack:4+1]

Despite being a feeble old man with several broken ribs, Joe is on his feet before Fuzzy can finish him off.  He and Jack both go for Fuzzy at the same time... and they both miss spectacularly.  Their attacks are so god-awful that Fuzzy barely has to do anything to avoid them.  If he hadn't been on the ground, he could have easily countered both of them at the same time.  Joe has gone down again after his terrible attack, so Fuzzy goes for a stomp.

[Fuzzy Dex:6+1]
[Joe Dex:2-1]

[Fuzzy Str:1+1]

[Joe End:2-1]

Joe is far too stunned to avoid the attack in any way, but Fuzzy, despite his excellent aim, only delivers a light thump.  If he hadn't connected directly with a broken rib, Joe wouldn't have noticed.  As it is, it still drew a howl of pain.

Since Derek doesn't have much to defend himself with and is certainly not very strong on his own, he picks up the wand.  It looks quite nice anyway, and it might help him along with the magic book, right?  Then, not forgetting about the magma, he then quickly runs back the way he came.  Magma is dangerous no matter what position it is in, and somehow he doubts floating lava stays that way for too long.

You grab the wand, and are pleasantly surprised when no horrible traps pop out and kill you.  You beat a hasty retreat to the bridge, and examine the wand.  It’s about eighteen inches long with a felt grip and crystal tip, and it’s covered in burn marks, scrapes, and unidentifiable stains.  Despite all this, it is clearly solid and functional, and looks to remain that way for quite some time.  Something tells you that, whatever it is, you don’t think anything in the book could produce something like this.

Huh.

Be a very effective weapon, hope for untransformation.

You feel a pair of hands grab your shaft, and you are wielded.  Let's hope you will be thrusted into many unsuspecting men.

Your attempts to deactivate the transformation prove fruitless.  Uh oh.

Err, get out?

The howls of pain are your cue to leave, so you head back to the spike room.  Passing through, you study it in greater detail.  Hmm... yeah, those are nasty looking spikes.  You don't think you could get one off without a hacksaw, and even then the angle would be tricky.  Putting them all on that wall must have been time consuming as well.

Beyond the spike room, you meet Derek coming out from the far side of the bridge, and stopping on the west side to examine whatever it is he's holding.  Examining your surroundings, you admire the fine workmanship on the bridge.  It would take some serious force to do damage to it... though with railings that low, even bad footwork could send you over the edge.   There's a breeze coming through this room, but not so much that it would affect a bowshot, for example.

Your curiosity sated for now, you attempt your magic word.

[Pot:5]  Several bars of silver form out of the air and clatter heavily to the ground.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack  -  Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - North side, Grand Room  (2/6 Pool)  {Ley lines on body}
Derm:  Derm - East side, Spike Room  [Chink the Halberd]
Chink:  Chanala - East side, Spike Room  (Is just a torso, which is a halberd)  [Wielded by Derm]
Tiruin:  Myra - East side of bridge, Bottomless Pit
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side of bridge, Bottomless Pit  [Wand]
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - Northeast side, Grand Room
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Northeast side, Grand Room  {On ground, ribs broken, in pain (-1 next turn)}

If there is anything I can say about the original perplexicon and, it seems, it's new incarnation, it's that it seems tailor made for dick jokes.

Good thing I'd never stoop to that level.  Oh wait.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Tailor Made for Dick Jokes]
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »

Pick up Joe and throw him at Jack.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2013, 09:43:16 pm »

"You poor meaty bastard. Maybe I can find a use for you, eh?"

Actions!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:15:10 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:09 pm »

Be the subject of more dick jokes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2013, 09:49:20 pm »

Dammit Xantalos, I'll have to wait until I'm actually in to do any more research, won't I?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 198