Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378139 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Hair Band]
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2013, 01:21:59 pm »

What the heck, might as well

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:21 pm »

oshit
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2013, 01:50:33 pm »

Keep swinging.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »

Same words.
Bandged my hand stump with shirt then word at person.
Head to the Northeast side and jump down on the man on the ground (Joe).
Keep swinging.

[Xan Spd:4-1]
[Jack Spd:6-1]
[Fuzzy Spd:6]
[Joe Spd:4+1]

[Fuzzy Dex:4+1]
[Joe Dex:2-1]

[Fuzzy End:4]
[Joe End:5-1]

Before Joe and Xantalos can continue their fight, they are interrupted by Fuzzy going Hulkamania and bodyslamming Joe from above.  Joe is caught unprepared and there is the sound of several ribs cracking.  Fuzzy rolls off and ends up in the floor, but Joe took the brunt of the impact, and is too stunned to get up.

Jack rips up his shirt as best he can, and ties a rough tourniquet around his left wrist.  [End:5]  Looks like the bleeding has stopped- you don't think you'll be dying, for now.  He then takes this opportunity to sneak in some magic.

[Pot:2+1]  A clog of hair lands on Xantalos's shoulder.  You don't think he noticed.  In any case, he is preparing magic of his own.

(It's Pioncale, btw)

[Xan Pot3+1:]  The ley lines return, and this time they form over your entire body, and settle in to a slight glow, and hold stable.

Research!

You continue your exploration of this magical tome.

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:5]  A shimming image appears, in the shape of a pyramid, then fades.

[Pot:3]  Another shimmering image appears.  Uh... it's solid and kinda rounded?

[Pot:5]  Yet another shimmering image.  This one appears to be a prism.

[Pot:5]  And this one is a cone.

Much more informative, all things considered.

crosses the bridge, disappearing down the west passage at the end of it. 

You cross the bridge without incident, and find yourself in a new room.  This room is round, much like the room you began in, but much smaller- perhaps twenty feet in diameter.  The most striking feature of the room is the ceiling- thirty feet overhead there is a pool of magma, that appears to be suspended upside down.  It's certainly not pouring into the room and appears stable enough, however.

In the center of the room is a small ornately-designed table.  On the table rests a wand.

Besides the door you came in, the only exit is to the north.

Speak words.

You say your words.

[Pot:6+1]  Brightly glowing ley lines quickly spread over your body, and flash with a sudden brightness.  With a sharp jerk, your head and all your limbs begin retracting into your body.  Your legs fuse and vanish into your body, while your lower spine greatly lengthens out of your pelvis.  Your head is swallowed in, but your cervical vertebrae lengthen and jut out into a spike.  Your arms also are sucked in, while your shoulderblades lengthen.  Your right shoulderblade forms into a massive axe blade, while your left shoulderblade twists and contorts outward into a hook.  You fall to the ground, your torso deformed into a horrifying halberd.  You are still alive, but you cannot move beyond twisting your "shoulders" a bit and you have no mouth to speak.

This may be a problem.

Yes.

Well, Chanala seems to have rather more serious problems than a glowing arm now, so you just get out before you turn into a cutlass or something.

You return to the main room just in time to see Fuzzy roll off Joe.  Nine point five for the dismount, you think.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack  -  Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - Northeast side, Grand Room  (1/6 Pool)  {Ley lines on body}
Derm:  Derm - East Ledge, Grand Room
Chink:  Chanala - East side, Spike Room  (Is just a torso, which is a halberd)
Tiruin:  Myra - South side, Grand Room
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - East side, Magma Room
FuzzyZergling:  Fuzz - Northeast side, Grand Room  {On ground}
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - Northeast side, Grand Room  {On ground, ribs broken}

Attention waitlisters:  Considering this game wouldn't exist without him, I told Piecewise that I'd jump him to the front of the waitlist.  Something tells me it'll start moving pretty quickly here in a minute.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Halberd Man]
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

Casually walk away, disengage from combat, etc.
If assaulted, damage enemy genitals. 
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »

"Well now."

Research, then go grab Chanala
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:12:53 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2013, 03:05:08 pm »

Kill...Fuzzy...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2013, 03:09:09 pm »

"Well now."

Research, then grab the hatchet and go Execute Chanala.

The person you can't have possibly seen change into a halberd?

Actually, I'll take this opportunity to point out that given the circumstances, there's pretty much no way to prevent this sort of metagaming (similar to someone respawning knowing what words their predecessor used) so feel free to overlook it.  Do note that casting several spells, grabbing an item, then moving to another room and killing someone is going to be more than can be done in one turn.  For magical science, I'll stick with the original limit of five separate spells a turn (as was done in the previous game), noting of course that being in combat may change things up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:35 pm »

Isn't she like, right below me?

Also there wasn't a limit, five was just the highest pool anyone had had at any one time. I'm pretty sure, at least.

Also I was editing the action before you posted because I had already realized that and thought of a potentially more betterer action, so there's that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:15:28 pm by dermonster »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:31 pm »

I could be wrong about that applying to spells, but I'm certain that it applied to will-based actions.  I consider it a reasonable limit of what to do in a turn, at least, so I'm sticking with it.

And no, she's in the spike room, which is the next room to the south.  But like I said, totally cool with it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2013, 03:17:49 pm »

He seems mildly perplexed.
He could be quite an icon.

Oh, and would you crazy people mind becoming murderous crazy people?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2013, 03:19:36 pm »

Will wasn't based off pool.

I suppose I can just cast five more complicated spells once I get more pool.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2013, 03:19:50 pm »

Joe was a good end roll away from death that turn, to be fair- Fuzzy did nail the landing.

(And if he hadn't, the end roll would have been much harder for him to pass)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »

He seems mildly perplexed.
He could be quite an icon.

Oh, and would you crazy people mind becoming murderous crazy people?
For once, no.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »

Smash Joe's chest in.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 198