Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378113 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

You're out for the count this turn, by the way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

You're out for the count this turn, by the way.
That's what I'm attempting to remedy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Flail about.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

End him.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, title feature! Maybe not. But close enough. :3

Until Andy enters the pit, I'd like to imagine an orchestra playing softly in the ground, gradually getting louder until it culminates in his entrance with his theme song.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:14:15 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

Yeah, title feature! 

Until Andy enters the pit, I'd like to imagine an orchestra playing softly in the ground, gradually getting louder until it culminates in his entrance with his theme song.
I think it's more of a reference to the fact that four different players are currently killing each other by wrestling. Also, Toaster, can I change my waitlisted character? I think some changing of my stats might be necessary for better survival chances.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:01:57 pm by Chink »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Joe Bridger spits upon your petty magic. You must kill him like a man!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Yeah, title feature! 

I think it's more of a reference to the fact that four different players are currently killing each other by wrestling. Also, Toaster, can I change my wait listed character? I think some changing of my stats might be necessary for better survival chances.

Chink's right, but you certainly fit with the theme.

And sure, you can change it.  Don't even have to tell me- the waitlist consists of me linking to the post where the player entered the waitlist.  I won't even really look at the stats until said person is in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoops, missed that. Still, I like that creating my non-magic melée character coincided with everyone rasselin' each other to death.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

Whoops, missed that. Still, I like that creating my non-magic melée character coincided with everyone rasselin' each other to death.
Coincidentally, you aren't the only one of those now.

EDIT: Toaster, how high would the potency roll on a material spawning spell have to be to damage another player seriously? I remember somewhere back someone rolled pretty high and ended up launching a chunk of material the size of a small car at high speeds, so I'm wondering if I could feasibly weaponize it. Also, would the barrier on potential damage be lower for certain materials, like fire?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:50:43 pm by Chink »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

EDIT: Toaster, how high would the potency roll on a material spawning spell have to be to damage another player seriously? I remember somewhere back someone rolled pretty high and ended up launching a chunk of material the size of a small car at high speeds, so I'm wondering if I could feasibly weaponize it. Also, would the barrier on potential damage be lower for certain materials, like fire?

Most anything could be weaponized if used cleverly.  That said, it's based on a combination of the base used and any other words it's combined with.  Going off purely elements that have been revealed, acid is dangerous pretty easily while hair might take some clever usage to be deadly.

RTD standard rules do apply, where 3 is a "meh" result and 4 is "pretty good," so that should give you some idea. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Well, I did do the gold spell that was the size of a car.
If I get killed, I'll try once more to be cool scientist guy. Then ... not so much.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

If you combine Xan's discovery of gold with Piecewise's apparent liquid spell, you might get molten gold.

Even if you can't use it violently, you'd be rich!
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Stomp on Xantalos' face and throat until he is no more.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

Most anything could be weaponized if used cleverly.  That said, it's based on a combination of the base used and any other words it's combined with.  Going off purely elements that have been revealed, acid is dangerous pretty easily while hair might take some clever usage to be deadly.

RTD standard rules do apply, where 3 is a "meh" result and 4 is "pretty good," so that should give you some idea.

I wonder, would there perhaps be any chance that you add back the gods?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 198