Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378196 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [I am Iron Man]
« Reply #285 on: July 20, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »

Hey! piecewise stole my spell!
Or independently had the same idea at a suspicious time. Still, I posted first, I deserve being considered the inventor!
Anyways, what happened with Lummare?

Cuidinina Kiforiter Josionp Pioncale
Considering I'm doing everything out in the open and I discovered Iron and full body tattoo for myself, in public, I dunno how I stole anything?

Also, not sure what you're talking about with inventor and flavor and such?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 20, 2013, 10:36:12 pm »

Simple. I had pretty much the same exact spell as you cast last turn. It's the one that failed. But I posted it first.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 20, 2013, 10:58:29 pm »

Simple. I had pretty much the same exact spell as you cast last turn. It's the one that failed. But I posted it first.
You didn't leave it public. There is no way he could have known you were casting a similar spell to his.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 20, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »

Actually, those spells are more public than they look.

Besides, I am fully aware he probably came to it the same way I did. I just got a little annoyed because he got his product to market faster, so to speak.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 20, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »

Wait, you just used the transparent tag to hide your spells? I thought you PM'ed them. Nice to know more kind people are willing to share their spells.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 11:50:58 pm by Chink »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 20, 2013, 11:49:16 pm »

Yeah these puplic words, while helpful, are annoying cause they're also public to everyone else.

If you could just PM me your results that would be much better.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2013, 01:10:36 am »

OH HELL YES.
Spoiler: Sasquatch Number 1 (click to show/hide)
Need in. *twitch* BadlY. *Tw1tCh*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:39:02 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2013, 04:26:28 am »

Myra looked at her companion and examined the new person--someone she didn't remember from the original..6? 7? at the start.

He also had the book.

"This is truly strange. Everyone I saw, or passed along the way carry the same darned book. I wonder what would happen if I tried to somehow burn this or drop it into that pit, or the lava earlier?"

Acquire bouncy rubber. "Ofactidio seems like a good word to apply to this thing. Somehow I believe these words in the book..manifest. Whether they have meaning or not is questionable-

"This is strange. I did not see the writing on page one before. However, I'll try such. Derek, did you see anyway out of this place from earlier?"

Retrace my steps into the magma chamber.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:30:04 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:45 am »

Wait, you just used the transparent tag to hide your spells? I thought you PM'ed them. Nice to know more kind people are willing to share their spells.
Yup! It keeps them slightly harder to get to for the spells I want to keep half-secret, while still keeping them public.

Yeah these puplic words, while helpful, are annoying cause they're also public to everyone else.

If you could just PM me your results that would be much better.
My words are public so that everyone can see them. If you want the old Aether team up, you need to start it up. Or at least indicate that you want to.
Sig

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2013, 10:16:41 am »

"I didn't see a way out of here.  I wish I did!!  I never thought about breaking the book.  Perhaps if we try we'll be let out?  Maybe the whole point is the follow the warnings?"  Derek muses, his eyes glancing nervously over the other mean in the corner.

Dropping the book, he cries "Abioutt!" and points his wand at the tome.  Derek hopes a destructive spell will hit it.  He then follows Myra if nothing of note happens.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2013, 02:59:14 pm »

Has the word for Control come out in public yet?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2013, 03:01:39 pm »

Good lord I hope not.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2013, 03:08:48 pm »

You know what, I'll go ahead and jump on the waiting list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 21, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »

Words and actions!
Actions!

[Derm Spd:1]
[Tod Spd:2+1]

[Tod Dex:6+1]
[Derm Dex:2]

[Tod Str:3]
[Derm:4]

Both Tod and Derm move to attack, but Tod is faster.  With a flying leap, he slams full-force into Derm, grabs his arms, and starts trying to shove him into the spikes.  Despite being a bit pinned, Derm is able to hold fast against the assault, long enough to squeeze out a spell.

[Pot:5+1]  Just behind Tod, a torso formed of solid concrete, shot through with rebar bones, comes into being.  It's quite magnificent, really, being much stronger and bulkier-looking than a human torso; really an ogre of a torso.  It thuds heavily to the ground behind Tod, looking like it could withstand a cannonball.  Too bad your own torso isn't that cool.

Laugh from my throne in heaven.

You cry on the ground in limbo.

Ustrint
Josionp
Fluslit

You suppress your nunchuck based thoughts for now, at least until you can make swordchucks instead.  Magic time!

[Pot:2+1]  You get a gold nugget.  Neat.

[Pot:1+1]  A tiny piece of scrap steel flops to the ground in front of you.

[Pot:4+1]  Several bars of silver join the collection of metal.

Cuidinina Kiforiter Josionp Pioncale

Your first plan foiled, you go with Plan B.

[Pot:4+1]  Shining magical ley lines spread out from your chest and crisscross your entire body.   The glow mostly fades, but they remain, throbbing with potential.

Acquire bouncy rubber. "Ofactidio seems like a good word to apply to this thing. Somehow I believe these words in the book..manifest. Whether they have meaning or not is questionable-

"This is strange. I did not see the writing on page one before. However, I'll try such. Derek, did you see anyway out of this place from earlier?"

Retrace my steps into the magma chamber.

You grab the rubber.  Bouncy.

[Pot:5]  A large chunk of iron crashes to the ground in front of you.  You consider grabbing it too, but it's seriously heavy.  You don't see any way to attach it to the rubber, so you just head back to the magma chamber.  It's just the same as you left it.

Dropping the book, he cries "Abioutt!" and points his wand at the tome.  Derek hopes a destructive spell will hit it.  He then follows Myra if nothing of note happens.

You throw down the book and point your wand at the book.  Nothing happens until you say your word.

[Pot:4+1]  A small tree bursts from the ground under the book, knocking it to the side.  It grows about eight feet, sprouts many leafy branches, and blossoms.  Pretty.

You shrug, grab the book back, and follow Myra back to the magma room, and also note the complete lack of changes.

Scapheap, a blank expression on his face, seems to be even less active now.  A green 3 appears above his head.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump} [ANTI-AFK:3]
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body)
Dermonster:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (3/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Iron)
Tiruin:  Myra - North Exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North Exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - Southeast side, Spike Room  (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - Center, Grand Room

Scapheap has triggered the inactivity system.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 21, 2013, 07:49:16 pm »

Fucking I used the wrong word damn it how did this happen.

"Shit, wait, wrong word. One second, your death shall be with you shortly."

Actions!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 08:17:16 pm by dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 198