Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377650 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [When in doubt, use hair]
« Reply #420 on: July 25, 2013, 06:20:05 am »

This book is beginning to annoy Derek.  How could he get rid of it if it simply refused to burn to a crisp?  And was the wand even helping him at all?  Myra wasn't even doing anything herself.  Instead a weird number appeared over her head out of all things.

Derek pushes Myra.  "Hello?  Are you alright?  He hoped to wake her up before something happened and he'd never learn her name.

He tries "Sauma!" on the weird number above Myra's head.  Maybe if he can shoot it down with something, nothing bad will happen to his companion!

((On GWG's suggestion, I am now shooting the inactivity counter.  Yay!))
Myra blinked at the word uttered by Derek.

"I'm alive-alright! I mean.

"...Just thinking. This book and all. Everyone has it.

"I'll try to throw it into the lava."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:19 am »

Do things.
Advance!
Sprinting towards Derm and Tod, Charles jumps, screams Pioncale Enur and attempts to kick Derm's and Tod's heads off.

[Derm Spd:4]
[Tod Spd:1+1]
[Charles Spd:1+2]

Derm takes off running, through the spike room.  Tod turns to chase, but is suddenly interrupted.

[Charles Pot:4+1]  Ley lines from across your skin, but they turn brown and fade away.  Your brilliant plan looks like it won't work.  You've got a good head of speed, though, so you enact the rest of your plan!

[Charles Dex:3]
[Tod Dex:3+1]

[Charles Str:1-1]

Charles takes a flying leap at Tod's head, but he avoids the brunt of it.  Well, brunt is a bad word, since the kick is terrible, Charles just bounces off, and lands in a heap on the floor, face down.  Tod shrugs and runs off after Derm.

Eolginv Jonin Hisha Enur

And now for taking several words and stringing them together!

[Pot:2+1]  From out your finger, what appears to be a small Nerf dagger shoots straight forward.  It flies into the pit and falls out of sight.  Huh.

Echapl
Cozoacump
Ridenetali

Ignoring, yet again, Derm and Tod as they run past you, you move on to more magic.

[Pot:5+1]  A column of water appears and splashes down in front of you.  Wet.

[Pot:6+1]  A massive rock forms in the air and slams down heavily, splashing water all over you.

[Pot:5+1]  A large gust of wind blows even more of the water away from you.

Just need Fire and Heart and you can summon Captain Planet.

Go wandering and cast PM spell

You wander, but you aren't sure where, so you just kind of wander in a circle.

[Pot:5+1]  A shimmering blob of nothing shoots straight down from you into the floor.

He tries "Sauma!" on the weird number above Myra's head.  Maybe if he can shoot it down with something, nothing bad will happen to his companion!

You eyeball the floating digit- surely that can't be good.  Let's try to magic it.

[Pot:1+1]  Well, that's definitely a shimmering blob.  It's probably supposed to be something.

Myra jerks awake with a start.  The number fades away.

You chuck the book upwards.  It goes just over halfway before falling back down with a thud.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - West of Center, Spike Room (2/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - North exit, Magma Room  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - Center, Spike Room  {Burns on arms, several bleeding cuts on back} (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - South Exit, Grand Room (1/3 Pool, Left leg is wooly leather)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [It's Nerf or Nothing]
« Reply #422 on: July 25, 2013, 10:21:33 am »

"And the circle is complete."

Actions!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 25, 2013, 10:23:24 am »

"~I'll-return-momentarily-good-sir. Or-I-will-die. In-any-event-fun-shall-be-had!~"

Have fun!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #424 on: July 25, 2013, 10:30:48 am »

"Hmm. Time to try something potentially dangerous."

Ridenetali Nodi Pioncale

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2013, 01:01:37 pm »

Here's hoping you maintain your structural consistency!

Zebridonce
Zebridonce Wighthill

Tral
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 25, 2013, 04:15:49 pm »

Myra blinked at the word uttered by Derek.

"I'm alive-alright! I mean.

"...Just thinking. This book and all. Everyone has it.

"Perhaps I can try throwing mine into that really big pit?"

Derek heads to the chasm room and stands on the middle of the stone bridge.  Since the book followed the practical rules of gravity, it also did not float up to the ceiling- so burning it in the upside-down lava pool was impossible.  What was not impossible however, was dropping it down that right-sided hole!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 25, 2013, 10:39:28 pm »

No turn likely tonight.  At least that gives the last three a chance to post.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 25, 2013, 11:54:49 pm »

"Huh. Would have thought that would work."
Charles will be disappointed and (physically) evasive.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 26, 2013, 02:21:18 am »

Find someone who isn't bob. Cast another spell
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:25:27 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2013, 08:34:44 am »

Actions!
Have fun!
Charles will be disappointed and (physically) evasive.

Charles gets ready to evade.  There's no one here, but he's gonna evade the SHIT out of them.

[Derm Spd:1]
[Tod Spd:4+1]

[Tod Dex:3+1]
[Derm Dex:1]

[Tod Str:1]

Tod, acting before Derm can react or even attempt to block, brushes some dust off Derm's throat with his fist.  Whoopsie, too fast.  Derm blinks, then responds with magic.

[Derm Pot:1+1]  Magical ley lines attempt to cover Derm's entire body, but there's not enough energy behind them to complete.  They fade away uselessly.

Ridenetali Nodi Pioncale

[Pot:5+1]  A grey fog appears again by your right shoulder.  This time, it forms fully and appears to settle in just over it.  It fades from view, but something tells you it's still there.

Zebridonce
Zebridonce Wighthill

Tral

[Pot:1+1]  Nothing much happens.

[Pot:6+1]  A shimmering image of a majestic tower shield flops lamely out of your hand.

[Pot:4+1]  A four-legged shimmering image appears before you.  Looks like a large ten-point stag.

Derek heads to the chasm room and stands on the middle of the stone bridge.  Since the book followed the practical rules of gravity, it also did not float up to the ceiling- so burning it in the upside-down lava pool was impossible.  What was not impossible however, was dropping it down that right-sided hole!

Determined to get rid of the book, you take the obvious approach.  Walking to the edge of the bottomless pit, you toss it in.  Down it tumbles, spinning, spinning, spinning, until it is out of sight.  You watch for a couple minutes more, as any sound it was making fades.  A few minutes later, you shrug and step back.

"Looks like it's gone."  You idly scratch at your side, and find the book tucked in your clothes.

Looks like getting rid of the book isn't going to work.  Perhaps there's something in this wand?  You still haven't figured out how to work it.

Find someone who isn't bob. Cast another spell

Well, there's that Charles guy at the other end of the room.  You mosey his way and work some magic.

[Pot:4+1]  A sturdy-looking set of iron arm guards appear and clang to the ground.  They're well-made and look to offer a fair amount of protection.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - South side, Grand Room  {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump, legs burned}
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)
Dermonster:  Derm - West of Center, Spike Room (1/5 Pool) (4)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room  (Made of Steel)
Tiruin:  Myra - North exit, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West end of bridge, Bottomless Pit  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - West of Center, Spike Room  {Burns on arms, several bleeding cuts on back} (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - South Exit, Grand Room (2/3 Pool, Left leg is wooly leather)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2013, 08:40:42 am »

Hm...
Zebridonce Uhlotar Rhossenina
Luffermo
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 26, 2013, 09:08:09 am »

Put on my arm guards as best as I can with the fact of my whipfist. Greet Charles.

"Hello sir."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2013, 09:58:15 am »

"... Are we at a stalemate?"

Actions!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2013, 10:50:36 am »

Myra rubbed her fingers as she wondered what the commotion was all about. Then she felt something rubbery.

Shoot that book towards the lava utilizing the rubber sheet! Or..how does a sheet of rubber look like?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 198