Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376850 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Pariah the Impaler]
« Reply #570 on: July 31, 2013, 12:02:23 pm »

Actions!
pm action.
Echapl! Echapl a lot! Until Lavaguy hardens into a big obsidian statue!
Charles tackles Derm, going for another stranglehold.

[Derm Spd:5]
[Pariah Spd:3]
[Bob Spd:4+1]
[Charles Spd:2]

[Derm Pot:1+1]

[Bob Pot:1+1]

Bob and Derm shout spells at the same time, to vaguely equal effect.  Ley lines attempt to form over his body, but they don't have enough energy to complete.  Bob unloads a double blast of his preferred word, and gets a nice mist of water that evaporates when it gets near Charles.

Derm backs away from the magma murder man.

[Pariah Pot:5]

Pariah steps toward Charles and shouts his word.  Charles is enveloped in darkness, the light from his body barely visible.  As it fades, he looks tired and shaky.

[Charles Dex:1-1]

He just stands there, unable to move himself to attack.

Yulastomet
If that was anything:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Otherwise:
Toussmism
Myxida
Anneell

You cast your first word, to see if it does anything.

[Pot:1+1]  A shimmering blob appears, that you have no idea what is.  Does that count as anything?  Uhh... sure, I guess.  Onto the the spoiled words!  Wait, what's a spoiler?

[Pot:4+1] You get another shimmering image.  This one is distinctly a tail.  Uh... okay.

[Pot:6+1]  Another shimmering image, this of a pair of razor-sharp claws.  They slash at your gut!  Good thing they're immaterial.

[Pot:6+1]  A whole lot of nasty-looking fangs.  Chomp chomp chomp.

FLEE from the murder fest

You flee from the giant murderfest that you can't even see because it's happening in the next room over.  The end result is you run around in circles a few times.

"Escosall." Myra says, focusing on the general notion of helping Derek with his problem.

[Pot:2]  You don't notice anything.  Unhelpful.

Derek doesn't really do much at this point probably because his legs are metal and a pain in the neck to move, Myra is borrowing the wand, and random spellwords don't do all that much.  To add to that, it's apparent he has little mobility.  It's quite annoying.

You lament your situation.  Well, they're pretty much dead weight now.  You could always cut them off, though there's that whole bleeding to death thing.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - Center, Grand Room
GreatWyrmGold:  The Golden Scholar - Center of the Bridge, Bottomless Pit  (Ley lines covering whole body- Body is rubber skin over steel bones and fire guts.)  [Giant novelty candy cane club]
Dermonster:  Derm - West side, Spike Room (2/5 Pool) (6)  {Face badly burned}
Piecewise: Bob -  West of Center, Spike Room  (1/3 Pool, Made of Light and Dark) [Steel Shortbow, Lightheaded Steel Arrows]
Tiruin:  Myra - West side, Magma Room [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - West side, Magma Room  {Legs are iron bootclubs}
Unholy_Pariah: Pariah -  West of Center, Spike Room  (2)
The Ensorceler:  Charles - West of Center, Spike Room, West of Center, Spike Room (2/3 Pool, Made of magma with a light core) [Glass segmented short rapier] {Exhausted}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2013, 12:46:50 pm »

Useless ass Pot rolls! I can't get high from this!

Words and actions!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2013, 12:51:45 pm »

A couple notes:

First, I made an actually pretty much to scale map!

Second, I should note something on form rolls, since they're all the rage these days.  Here's a table of what happens from your pot roll:

0 and below:  Very bad things
1: Bad things
2: Nothing
3: Instant activation, 3 turn duration
4: One shot form
5: Activate at will, reusable
6: Instant activation, activate at will, reusable
7: Instant activation, always on
8+: Permanently on, unless you figure out how to get rid of it (And the higher the roll the harder it is to get rid of)

Do note that if you roll a 4 or 5 the form will not activate unless you specifically say to activate it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 31, 2013, 01:13:31 pm »

Which room am I in?

Toussmism
Myxida
Anneell
Jupedem
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 31, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »

Everyone's location is in the status quote at the bottom, but going clockwise:

Grand Room:  Hale (Corsair)
Spike Room:  Derm, Bob (Piecewise), Pariah, Charles (The Ensorceler)
Bottomless Pit:  The Golden Scholar (GWG)
Magma Room:  Myra (Tiruin), Derek (Lalasa)
Cavern:  Nobody

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

Missed that.

Am I in the pit, or on the bridge?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2013, 01:35:59 pm »

Missed that.

Am I in the pit, or on the bridge?
((Of course you're in the pit, why would you be on the bridge? Falling, and falling, and falling for the last few turns.

And the fact that it says in the "center of the bridge" just means that you're squarely under the bridge of course. Why would it mean anything different?))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:37:47 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »

Hmm, actually:

Walk over to the lava room and poke it with my pinky to see if it's dangerous to me in my glowstick form.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:38:47 pm by piecewise »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »

Piece, you're on the wrong guy.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2013, 03:21:22 pm »

Cast Alviscos on myself and parry anyone attacking me. Drop the rapier too, it's completely useless.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #580 on: July 31, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »

What happens if you get like a 20 on a roll?
Its actually possible. Max 40 points.
39 points=+13 Points and 1 channeling.
Now, we can either find a word to increase Potency or use will to modify our own stats. Since we dont have will, there are chances we may end up exploding. Lets say we have good luck and get +1 to potency, (It would also be possible to use both to get a +2)
14-15.
Now we get an 6 to the dice. 20-21. While this would be strangely impolikesibble godlyncommon, i feel it wouldnt be right if it had same effect as an 8.
*Casts fire word, gets 21, burns the whole arena*
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 31, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »

At 39 pot, 1 channelling, and 0 everything else, the odds are extremely high of you killing yourself if you cast at all.

And everyone else, but it's not like THAT matters.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2013, 04:34:35 pm »

At 39 pot, 1 channelling, and 0 everything else, the odds are extremely high of you killing yourself if you cast at all.

And everyone else, but it's not like THAT matters.

If you use a spell that kills yourself and 1 or more other people, where do the points go? Do they just disappear?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2013, 04:35:20 pm »

Yes.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 31, 2013, 04:47:48 pm »

uhhh do stuff
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 198