Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376887 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #750 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:12 am »

((piecewise reminded me. If anyone's interested in performing some SCIENCE, I'm willing to hire testers. Let's say...two words of spells for each word of testing you do, divided up among as many pieces of equipment or whatever as you want whenever we're both in the arena. Details negotiable.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:40 am »

As does Earth. Two, in fact. Go to, say, Florida and see if you think Earth is frozen over.

((I'm done, okay?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 07, 2013, 10:31:48 am »

((Does it require an action to walk from a room to an adjacent one?))

If the trip is short, it usually won't take up your whole turn.  Walking halfway across the arena won't leave you enough time to do anything when you get there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 07, 2013, 10:32:30 am »

((piecewise reminded me. If anyone's interested in performing some SCIENCE, I'm willing to hire testers. Let's say...two words of spells for each word of testing you do, divided up among as many pieces of equipment or whatever as you want whenever we're both in the arena. Details negotiable.))

I'd happily test (when I get in), though I'm not sure I understand the terms of the agreement.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 07, 2013, 10:37:22 am »

I'd happily test (when I get in), though I'm not sure I understand the terms of the agreement.
Let's say I have you test a single word, Saketoreno say. When we both were in, you could ask me to cast a two-word spell on your behalf. Maybe you want a steel breastplate to protect you from harm, so you request Josionp Amne. You don't need to choose until you actually collect, and you can "save up" words--half a dozen one-word spells for a three-word spell, a five-word spell, and two simple two-word spells, maybe.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 07, 2013, 10:43:19 am »

((IC: "THE ONLY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU'LL GET FROM ME IS A KNUCKLE SANDWICH BROTHER! OOOOH, IMMA GETCHA'!"))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 07, 2013, 10:46:18 am »

Put the point in pool. I now have enough pool to start doing large sections of a page each turn. Beginning Science! protocols.

Since you were in combat last turn, your pool won't full refill until next turn, giving you 1/5 for this turn.  I forgot to update it, so that's a my bad.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: August 07, 2013, 10:58:09 am »

Put the point in pool. I now have enough pool to start doing large sections of a page each turn. Beginning Science! protocols.

Since you were in combat last turn, your pool won't full refill until next turn, giving you 1/5 for this turn.  I forgot to update it, so that's a my bad.
Ah, well dang. In that case, Sit down and wait for my magics to come back to me. If someone attacks me, MAD protocols, just to a lesser extent.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #758 on: August 07, 2013, 11:45:21 am »

Summon Inner Saiyan: Potency Focus!

And myxida attackers.

Also, wether you guys trust me or not, im RPing. Just you dont see what i do because you re not there.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 07, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

myxida is garstopit :I
I am a Goober.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #760 on: August 07, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »

What? No! Its black hole. Gastorpit was poison.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 07, 2013, 02:35:36 pm »

What? No! Its black hole. Gastorpit was poison.
Gastorpit was doom tentacle dimension spell :V
both are freaky flippin things
I am a Goober.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 07, 2013, 02:55:54 pm »

If there is anybody immediately around me get away from them, then try PM spells.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 07, 2013, 03:04:22 pm »

Gastorpit was doom tentacle dimension spell :V
both are freaky flippin things

Nope, that's Zentol. Garstorpit was just poison.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #764 on: August 07, 2013, 03:30:53 pm »

Nah, Garstopit was safer, myxida could end up killing the caster even if they roll 5.  Reason I use Myxida is because I have no self preservation.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 198