Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376825 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [In which the wait list is shortened]
« Reply #1110 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:58 pm »

Yeah, not gonna argue with this. Not a topic I consider worthy to argue about. And I would like to ask everyone not to argue on my behalf. Don't want to escalate this.

You should try coming over here and see how you react
Eh, I would probably actually roleplay in this game to a limited amount, make my words visible, and make you my enemy. ;D
Thats what happens when we dont get enough daily dose of turns. (In no way intention to insult Toaster, i think hes doing pretty good!)
Either ways, who votes Pit of Magic for the Hall of Fame?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:18 pm »

Shouldn't the game age a little more before voting? And I'm not talking about rules, I'm just saying this because the game it's still young

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 14, 2013, 05:38:35 pm »

I am an hero.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 14, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »

*Blinks*

Well, go ahead if you want to, I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 14, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »

Just a quick query:  I have sent my action to Toaster through PM, yet it doesn't appear in my sent messages list.  Does this mean it hasn't sent, or is that normal?  I sent it again to make sure, but it's still not coming up.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 14, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »

It only appears if you check "save in my inbox" or something, but yes, it's normal.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1116 on: August 15, 2013, 04:53:16 am »

Just a quick query:  I have sent my action to Toaster through PM, yet it doesn't appear in my sent messages list.  Does this mean it hasn't sent, or is that normal?  I sent it again to make sure, but it's still not coming up.
Pretty sure it has been sent.
Either way Thearpox, why dont you give it a try?

Toaster, im stalking you again. I know you re online. You gonna bring update D:?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:07:03 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 15, 2013, 09:41:52 am »

My question: In Perplexicon, if you asked the admin (Piecewise) he could make your action secret (Not telling the results) as long as there was no one else with sight capacity in the room. (Basically, there is no one else or they are blind/unsconcious.

I... suppose I could do that (as long as you didn't get mad when I forgot and post it anyway.)  Any objections?

Also suggestion: Make Will affect on how much time you re unsconcious. Every turn you re unsconcious you can do a will roll to see if you wake up.
First turn: 5/6+=You wake up.
Second Turn: 4/5/6+=You wake up.
Third Turn: 3/4/5/6+=You wake up.
And so on, the minimum to wake up being a one, cuz zeros suck.

Right now unconsciousness is one turn only, assuming nothing is keeping you there.  Derm was out for two turns because he was still getting choked.

Aaaand finally another question:
In original Perplexicon you could do more stuff with souls apart of converting them into points, you could give them to other players and stuff. Is it possible to do that here?

No, and I don't have any plans to change that.  If there's a really awesome idea, maybe, but considering this is still deathmatch it's not very likely.

toaster hijacked someones mind and forced him to summon a MOTHERFUCKING BLACK HOLE CLUSTER BOMB.

Good times.

It was way more threatening in the original Perplexicon, where people didn't discover the full-body word in the first five turns of the game (in fact, it was only at the end of the first phase - the arena phase - that such a thing became common knowledge).

That word did indeed change the flow of this game.  of course there are still awesome other things people haven't figured out yet

Hey!  Yes, I have been on a vacation for the last two weeks, but you could at least send a PM to confirm!

I still need to read through this, but here's my char, if I'm in.
Pot:3
Chan:6

Since I already told the other two they were in, I'm going to have to leave you off for now; sorry.  But don't worry, you're still first place on the waitlist.

Either ways, who votes Pit of Magic for the Hall of Fame?

Save the accolades for the original.  I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants, etc etc

I got them both.

Toaster, im stalking you again. I know you re online. You gonna bring update D:?

NO UPDATE FOR YOU

I was just off the forum yesterday.  Once I finish this post (and it's done when you're reading this) I'll start the turn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1118 on: August 15, 2013, 09:43:23 am »

Oh dang.
Either way, no objections.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 15, 2013, 09:43:38 am »

I just want to be able to change my title to derm slayer.
Good luck.

Dammit.

Unconciousness is still crap. I only survived my first one 'cause piecewise is nice.
How unusual. It's a bad thing to be knocked unconscious.
Name a game where being unconscious doesn't lead quickly to death.
And you rolled a 1 for the End roll. Would you rather have been killed outright?

How can you use willpower, which is, by its very nature, an action of your conscious mind, if you're unconscious? It really doesn't make sense to me.
While I'm a bit uncertain about the logic, I have to agree with the conclusion.
If nothing else, Endurance should contribute.

Well, I'm not up to date on what's going on really.  All I know is that there were eight or so people before me on the waitlist two weeks ago, and now I'm in.  That means lots of people have died.  So I'm just being safe, and making sure nobody touches me before I'm up to date.
The count of deaths that i remember:
Ton**** of Derm kills.
Bob(Piecewise) dieing ripped in half when he tried two conflictive full body materials (Zentol and a heavenly type material) and finally consumed by each of those.
Corsair being consumed by the Zentol Fullbody due to his lack of will.
Tiruin death, i almost killed her character while attempting to get !!THE WAND!!, but Derm came on the last moment and attacked us both with a blackhole, and she couldnt resist.
Derm Death by Dave, when Dave went unsconcious by a failed spear summoning, Derm came to attack, however Dave electric body electrocuted him and made him fall unsconcious, just as Dave woke up and broke Derm neck with a repulse force spear.
Vakothu being thrown down the bottomless pit by someone i dont remember but that is still alive.
You left out The Golden Scholar discovering gravity.

Sazrael: Oh will you chill out. "All your souls are aquired due to me!", "I participated in everything!", "You owe all your power to me!", "All who do not agree with my policies are going to be exterminated!".

If that's not a sign of you behaving like a king of the pit, I don't know what is.
Demanding that other players make you a crown.
And yeah, Sazrael is being kinda a jerk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:04 am »

Dammit.

Unconciousness is still crap. I only survived my first one 'cause piecewise is nice.
How unusual. It's a bad thing to be knocked unconscious.
And you rolled a 1 for the End roll. Would you rather have been killed outright?
Half life, at least one of the harvest moons, pokemon and dragon quest off the top of my head.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1121 on: August 15, 2013, 09:49:34 am »

Well, I'm not up to date on what's going on really.  All I know is that there were eight or so people before me on the waitlist two weeks ago, and now I'm in.  That means lots of people have died.  So I'm just being safe, and making sure nobody touches me before I'm up to date.
The count of deaths that i remember:
Ton**** of Derm kills.
Bob(Piecewise) dieing ripped in half when he tried two conflictive full body materials (Zentol and a heavenly type material) and finally consumed by each of those.
Corsair being consumed by the Zentol Fullbody due to his lack of will.
Tiruin death, i almost killed her character while attempting to get !!THE WAND!!, but Derm came on the last moment and attacked us both with a blackhole, and she couldnt resist.
Derm Death by Dave, when Dave went unsconcious by a failed spear summoning, Derm came to attack, however Dave electric body electrocuted him and made him fall unsconcious, just as Dave woke up and broke Derm neck with a repulse force spear.
Vakothu being thrown down the bottomless pit by someone i dont remember but that is still alive.
You left out The Golden Scholar discovering gravity.
Im not sure, but i think Syvarris already knew that. May be wrong though, either ways is on the original memories of the fallen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 15, 2013, 09:53:24 am »

Half life, at least one of the harvest moons, pokemon and dragon quest off the top of my head.
And in how many of those is death possible?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:20 am »

Well, if you're playing a Nuzlocke run and count "sleep" as unconsciousness...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 15, 2013, 09:57:57 am »

And in how many of those is death possible?

Death via unconsciousness is a pretty rare trope overall in Movies and Video Games where it is usually used to transport and/or a character against their will. Instant death or slow death by lethal wounds are much more common.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 198