Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378207 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1890 on: September 18, 2013, 07:55:53 am »

(What were my stats again?)

Scapheap
Name: Clair Lorene
Appearence: A red headed girl of 8 years. Blue eyes and a sky blue dress. Hold a teddy bear.
Stats
Strength:  0
Dexterity:  1
Speed:  1
Endurance:  1
Potency:  3
Will:  0
Channelling:  3
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 18, 2013, 08:02:48 am »

Also Harry just used all the points on strenght... Does he realize that he still has to do endurance rolls whenever he absorbs stuff? Just throw a giant metal cylinder or something at him and he should implode.

((Actually, I do. It is an issue I intend to fix soon.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 18, 2013, 08:03:58 am »

To be honest, I'm still trying to decide what getting a modified 10 on a stability roll should do to you.  I feel like it should do SOMETHING, being an ungodly-sized overshot and all.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 18, 2013, 08:06:28 am »

To be honest, I'm still trying to decide what getting a modified 10 on a stability roll should do to you.  I feel like it should do SOMETHING, being an ungodly-sized overshot and all.

((Increase in size? After all, if a failure causes shrinkage, a 5, 6 and possibly a 7 make things good, then 8 and more should correspond to increases in proportion.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 18, 2013, 08:06:51 am »

Wormhole
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: September 18, 2013, 08:10:20 am »

((Uncontrolled magical overload resulting in massive spell detonation?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: September 18, 2013, 08:11:47 am »

((Maybe shape him differently? (So stable that it becomes a perfect shpere) Or maybe too much stability should make him slow? My two cents))

((Increase in proportion will lead to the whole arena being consumed. Not that it doesn't make sense, anyway))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 18, 2013, 08:56:20 am »

It's like you momentarily forgot how unreliable memory is
((I'll leave this here for interpretation.))

((Temporal stasis?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 18, 2013, 09:04:32 am »

((Temporal stasis?))
((If it were a blackhole, yes, but it's vacuum.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 18, 2013, 09:13:08 am »

((People keep calling it a vacuum, but it doesn't act much like one. Nor much like a black hole. I'm hunching that Mydidia is some kind of attractive force, perhaps gravity.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 18, 2013, 09:15:47 am »

((Oh are we talking modified 10 vacuums not modified 10's in general?

Probably the instantaneous creation of a microsingularity that will instantly consume all of the loose objects and atmosphere in the same room as it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 18, 2013, 09:19:14 am »

((People keep calling it a vacuum, but it doesn't act much like one. Nor much like a black hole. I'm hunching that Mydidia is some kind of attractive force, perhaps gravity.))
((It seems to work as an extreme lack of matter in a given point (with unnatural matter levels below 0). If it were a black hole, it wouldn't cease to exist, as it should actually grow. The vacuum also explains why it dissapears: because it has been filled.))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 18, 2013, 09:23:50 am »

Sorry, I'd fallen behind, so it took a whle to catch back up.

New character:
     Carlos, Charles' mexican cousin.
     dex 1
     end 1
     pot 1
     chan 5
Who's ready for some ¡¡science!!?
I've got 5 pool, so I'm still casting. And I guess I'll put the point in dexterity.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1903 on: September 18, 2013, 09:27:56 am »

[Str:5-1]  "NOT TODAY, STEPHEN HAWKING!"
Or, we can just go "Fuck physics".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 18, 2013, 09:28:25 am »

do magical stuff that does not involve weakening harry. please dont kill me

You run away from the direction air is suddenly flowing.

[Pot:3+1]  Ley lines cover your body, bound in a loose configuration.

No one attacks you as you cower.

"This is not ideal! Let us try this again, but different! And successful!
"Necti Jupedem! Uraderke Uticat Anneell Bawsencif!"

Yep, still stings like hell.

[Pot:5]  A glow surrounds your left arm, which settles in.

[Pot:4]  There is a slight glimmer where your right arm used to be, but nothing else happens.

Finally figured out what I want to do with my character!

You rejoice in self-identity.

[Pot:3+2]  A golden circle forms in the air before you.  The center cracks open into a planar rift, through which you swear you can hear chanting.  From the circle, a mailed glove emerges, holding a full steel helmet with a golden trim.  The glove drops the helmet, retreats into the circle, and vanishes as the rift collapses.

You look at the helmet.  At first, it looks like a standard full-face steel helmet, but it just seems... otherworldly.  Shrugging, you put it on.

[End:2-1]  What feel like shackles around your skull lock down, and the helmet sticks to your head firmly.  Whispers from another world fill your ears, and you start to feel like something beyond is influencing you.  The whispers seem quite pleased with your recent victory over the forces of corruption.

Wait, forces of corruption?  That's not your own thought.

Josionp Venes Eolginv Loodo Anneel

Oh wait, I'm an idiot; you did have five points in channeling.  You still have the one stat point to spend, though.  Dex it is.

[Pot:4]  The magic wavers a bit; it's as if a couple things in this spell were contradictory.  A steel helmet, in the shape of a sallet, with a wavering aura finally appears- directly above you.  It drops on your head, the rim catching your skull.

[End:4]  The impact knocks you completely over.  Oof.  "Didn't expect that!" you say as you stand up.

Take a leisurely walk over to the Grand Room. Open up arms for vacuum hugs in case anyone comes over.

[Str:4+4]  AHHH SO STABLE.

You stroll into the Grand Room, noting how little things keep flying at you.  Everyone else seems to be running away from you.  Wonder why?

find puppy

You kneel over and call to the puppy.  It runs up to you and licks you- it's like a sudden gust of wind just brushed over your leg.  Petting him is very strange- it's like putting your hand on top of a flowing river, except the river is dry.

Also D'AWWW

Action!

[Pot:3+1]  Magical ley lines begin to cross your body.  The lines cross your body and intertwine in a loose configuration.

You activate it, and become Wind Man, man made of air.  Cue airhead jokes.

Also you run through the Spike Room on in to the Magma Room.  Oh hey, there's a couple plastic aliens in here who are looking at you.

Quote from: Bigfoot
My turn almost got missed because I didn't post to the thread!

No subtle reminders here or anything.

[Pot:1+1]  You get a little tiny something, which you can't really tell what is before it flies into your chest and explodes.  Well, it's certainly not resistant to the force of your body.

[Pot:4+1]  This gets you a hefty looking club made out of ice.  You deactivate your body form and return to chest.  Wielding it doesn't seem to let you control ice, though.  Neither does it not explode when you reactivate your form, though it seems to have exploded a smaller chunk of it than the last time you tested something.  Shrugging, you kick it into the pit.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - Southwest ledge, Grand Room (2 Pool)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - West side, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is steel, Left arm is glowing) {Right arm is gone}
The Ensorceler:  Carlos - Southeast side, Grand Room (3 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon - East side, Magma Room (3 Pool, Body is air)
Hapah:  Hapah - East ledge, Grand Room (3 Pool) [Hallowed Steel Helmet] (3)
Harry Baldman:  Tod-6 - East side, Grand Room (3 Pool, Body is vacuum) (14)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

My "I forgot something" sense is nagging me, but I can't find anything I did miss.  Let me know if you see something.

((It might be a stupid question, but does vacuum equal black hole in this game? And if not, what's the practical difference?))

It would probably be best described as a Hollywood black hole- a magical entity that sucks everything nearby into itself.  Very short-lived unless successfully bound to something solid.  In any case, something that plays fast and loose with physics.

[Str:5-1]  "NOT TODAY, STEPHEN HAWKING!"
Or, we can just go "Fuck physics".

That's one way to put it!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:13:21 am by Toaster »
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 198