Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377988 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1995 on: September 20, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

((Mostly, it's derm's memetic tendency towards destroying things in general. Often via overshot.
"[6+3] Run" indeed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 20, 2013, 02:36:45 pm »

((So, there is no problem until he gets more souls. Meh))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 20, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »

This is exactly what I was afraid of, anyway. Everybody is going to be bearing down on me at once and I won't be able to do shit but die and wait for another however many months only for the exact same thing to happen there too.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 20, 2013, 02:38:52 pm »

This is exactly what I was afraid of, anyway. Everybody is going to be bearing down on me at once and I won't be able to do shit but die and wait for another however many months only for the exact same thing to happen there too.
((I'll tell you what: I'll do my best to discover Many on my own before you spawn so I won't need to kill you to learn it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 20, 2013, 02:40:38 pm »

Or you could show some team loyalty and not get bribed.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »

Can you really say you've tried to downplay your reputation?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 20, 2013, 02:47:41 pm »

It's mostly Sarzael being a fear monger in this case.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2002 on: September 20, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »

((I'll tell you what: I'll do my best to discover Many on my own before you spawn so I won't need to kill you to learn it.))
Since i have plans to kill you ill just warn you already that im not going to share the word with you, wether you kill Derm or not :P, so happy science. The deal is valid for everyone else though.

For some reason i feel i shouldnt say this hmmm... But oh well, i guess i will get the stuff clear beforehand.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:33 pm »

Are you even playing at the moment?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 20, 2013, 03:24:18 pm »

Are you even playing at the moment?
((He does not have a living character at this moment.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 20, 2013, 03:51:34 pm »

Then why are you listening to him?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:54:03 pm by dermonster »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 20, 2013, 03:52:47 pm »

Then why are you listening to him?
Shhhhh, he may get in again.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 20, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »

Shh about what?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:03 pm »

rage at dice, do magic right this time.
Overly complicated conditional response!

[Outcast Spd:4]
[Hapah Spd:1-1]

While Hapah tries to free his foot, Outcast Wizard runs up to him and works his magic.

[Outcast Pot:6+1]

[Outcast End:6]
[Outcast Dex:3]

Hapah is annihilated in a massive blast of arcane energy.  The blast is so great that the edge of it catches Outcast Wizard too, blasting him backwards.  The force knocks him right over the side of the ledge, but he manages to grab hold before he tumbles downward.  It's a good thing, too, because he would have fallen very close to Tod-6: even hanging here he can feel the pull.  He still feels sore from the blast as a grape-sized ball of light enters his chest.

[Hapah is dead.  Outcast Wizard gains three points.]

If yes, walk off to nearby cavern and words. If no... well, walk off to cavern and words. Really, there's no need for a conditional here.

Looks like that violence got resolved for you, so you just walk away, enjoying a long walk surrounded by murder.

[Str:2+4]  Also you don't collapse under your own weight.

Exaceste Echapel! Navat Echapel! Daina Echapel!

Ewwwwwwwww.

[Pot:2]  A tiny ripple of water forms around you and goes outward.  Not enough to do anything.

[Pot:4]  A cone of water shoot out from behind you.  It reasonably cleans behind you.

[Pot:6]  A blast of water explodes right in your face.  It blasts you clean, as well as blasting you flat on your back.  Ow.

'Harmless' things

Is anything harmless when it comes to magic?

[Pot:5+1]  A large wooden warhammer pops into being in front of you.  You deactivate your form to give it a try.

[End:5]  OH DAMN THAT STINGS EVEN WORSE.  You man up and take the pain, though your chest looks like it has a really nasty burn on it.

Picking up the warhammer, you will it to allow you to control wood.  There's no response.  You do give it a couple swings, and it feels like it swings faster than it ought to for it size.  You put it down and try your next words.

[Pot:6+1]  A massive wood log appears and slams down in front of you.  You can't pick it up, but putting your hand on it and trying to make it change shape does nothing.  It's normal wood, as far as you can tell.

You reactivate your form.  Well, it's probably in there somewhere.

Actions!

Indeed, Harry comes in the cavern.  You face him and will the magic to activate.  Nothing happens.  Well, time to do this the traditional way.

[Pot:6]  A very bushy bush grows out of the ground and there's a large burst of force.  Ooops.

Then the grey fog appears and activates.

[Jabon Dex:3]
[Tod Dex:2]

The air in front of Jabon shimmers, then something invisible shoots straight out toward Tod-6.  It seems to curve inward, catching Tod's attraction, who doesn't even see it coming to dodge.

[Tod End:1]  The full force of the blast catches Tod before it is sucked away by his form.  He slams hard backwards, directly into the wall.  The damage to his body and shock to his system is enough to break his concentration.  Tod shudders, shimmers, and collapses inward on himself with a resonating crack.

A large ball of brightly shining light escapes and makes its way over to Jabon.

[Tod-6 is dead.  Jabon gains fourteen points.]

Azilain spawns in at the north side of the cavern.  He looks around in a brown way.

Derm poofs into existence in the center of the Grand Room.  He looks pissed about something.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East ledge, Grand Room (1/2 Pool, Body is arcane) (4)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) {Winded, Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - West side, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone.  On ground.}
The Ensorceler:  Carlos - Southeast side, Grand Room (3 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon - South side, Cavern (2/3 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (3 Pool)
Dermonster: Derm - Center, Grand Room (5 Pool)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

In a rush so check for errors.

Derm:  Did you want the same character?  I gathered so, but I wasn't sure.

Defiatos and Sailflame:  Are you still interested in playing?  I'm passing you over for now for, respectively, lack of response and inactivity.

Also I seriously need to update the waitlist.

And happy 2k replies!  I might just have a present for you folks next turn.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:24:25 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 20, 2013, 03:58:26 pm »

Nah, it doesn't matter, he must have read it by this time.

PseudoEDIT: whooooooooooooo!
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 198