Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378041 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1965 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:49 am »

((Agreed.

Once we get all the words, shall we commence science on the nature of Myxidia?))
((I would gladly do some pseudo-science, with precautions, obviously))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 19, 2013, 10:14:10 am »

be somewhat concerned by the fact a black hole is following me, perform magical actions.

The black holes are out to get you, so you activate your markings.  You form becomes arcane energy.

[Pot:1+1]  You get a magical toothpick that evaporates pretty quickly.  Dammit.

You sigh and just concentrate on avoiding Hawking's Nightmare down there.

Clearly, I cannot regrow my arm so easily! Criminy!
Bulg Jonin Uticat?
And, Loodo Noviski Tepsy!

Activate glow on left arm.
Words.

First things first, you activate that glow.  It flares brightly and bursts.  A large burst of arcane energy poofs out about five feet in front of you.  Huh, octariney.  Words next.

[Pot:3]  An arm made out of foam appears and falls to the ground.  It's too small for you, anyway.

[Pot:4]  You and everything around you are suddenly covered in rancid green slime, exploded outward from a burst over your head.  Ugh.

Plan-Plan, step two!
Suit up!

[Tod Str:5+4]  Super stable.  I really think something bad should happen to you here, but I haven't got a damn clue what.  I guess you start getting denser.

[Tod Spd:6]
[Hapah Spd:6-1]

Tod points his hand up at Hapah and says his words.

[Pot:1+1]  A few sparkles of magical energy shoot straight forward.  Since Hapah is on the ledge above him, they would have missed hilariously if the spell hadn't failed hilariously.

Hapah, seeing this, looks at the chunk of ice next to him.  He gives it a shove.

[Str:1]  HURRRRRR OOF.  He just manages to shift it onto his foot.  Ouch, dammit!

TURN THINGS! SCIENCE! AND MAGICALS!

Grumbling, you try again.

[Pot:1+1]  The same little tiny something appears and self-annihilates on your chest again.  Damn it!

[Pot:6+1]  A great big silvery metallic lump appears in front of you.  It half flies into your chest and half pulls you into it.  The end result is the same- it annihilates itself on you, but holy shit it stings like hell.  It feels like the whole top layer of flesh (if you had any) of your torso is burned off, and the impact was enough to leave you winded.

((I don't want to bother Toaster))

(No action post but a PM was sent)

You blow through there into the cavern.  Unfortunately, that means running past the aliens.

[Jabon Spd:5]
[Alien Spd:2]

You're almost out the door when the spell comes.

[Alien Pot:5+2]
[Alien Dex:5]

[Jabon Dex:2]

A massive chunk of silver flies directly at you... and goes straight through your torso, unaffected.  It slams into the wall hard enough to shake the walls, and you just keep running into the cavern.

Partway across, you stop to pant and cast a quick spell.

[Pot:6]  A grey fog appears and settles in over your right shoulder.  You can feel its presence.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - Southwest ledge, Grand Room (2 Pool, Body is arcane)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) {Winded, Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - West side, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone.  Covered in slime}
The Ensorceler:  Carlos - Southeast side, Grand Room (3 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon - South side, Cavern (3 Pool, Body is air)
Hapah:  Hapah - East ledge, Grand Room (3 Pool) [Hallowed Steel Helmet] {Chunk of ice on foot} (3)
Harry Baldman:  Tod-6 - East side, Grand Room (1/3 Pool, Body is vacuum) (14)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

I'd be interested to hear what you think the pattern is.  Turn up soon- or at least I think we have enough.
Not publicly :P

That's what PMs are for!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:57:45 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 19, 2013, 10:21:30 am »

rage at dice, do magic right this time.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 19, 2013, 10:24:29 am »

"~Kind-sir! You-are-overly-inconvenient-to-murder-casually-and-you-look-to-be-in-pain! I-propose-we-do-not-try-to-murder-one-another! Instead-we-murder-everyone-else! Yes?~"

If yes, walk off to nearby cavern and words. If no... well, walk off to cavern and words. Really, there's no need for a conditional here.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:32 am »

((I stated that I wanted to say some words in the PM if I remember right))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: September 19, 2013, 10:47:24 am »

Anyways.

"This is disturbing! I will need to remember not to use that word again! Now to cleanse myself!
Exaceste Echapel! Navat Echapel! Daina Echapel!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: September 19, 2013, 10:49:45 am »

TURN THINGS! SCIENCE! AND MAGICALS!

"WHAT THE HELL! WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING!"
*Figures it out*
"GODDAMNIT I AM STUPID"
"Right. 'Harmless' things:"

Welp i found the pattern.
O RLY?
I've been using A pattern for science, no bloody clue if it is THE pattern but eh.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 19, 2013, 10:51:19 am »

Overly complicated conditional response!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 19, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »

Last thing is your opinion.
Also, you cant kill, as i said, seven mages at once. And a mage might beat a physical character, overall considering they can overdrive.
You can bash one person. Then what? In a turn seven people with magic can easily do enough science as that will 99% find a word able to kill phisical. And then you wont stand a chance agaisnt most good mages.

LOOK AT ALL THESE HYPOTHETICALS.
MAD HYPOTHETICAL.
MASTER OF HYPOTHETICAL.
CAN'T STOP ME, HYPOTHETICALS FOR DAYS.
SHIT IS FUCKING HYPOTHETICAL.

I'M UP HERE WITH THESE PARTY PEOPLE, WAITING IN LINE FOR THESE HYPOTHETICALS.
Y'ALL LIKE SOME HYPOTHETICALS?
CROWD: FUCK YEAH HYPOTHETICALS! WOO, HYPOTHETICALS!
OH MAN ITS CRAZY HYPOTHETICAL UP IN HERE.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: September 19, 2013, 05:35:55 pm »

Yo dawg, I heard you like hypotheticals...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 19, 2013, 08:58:04 pm »

Small change to Tomcost's turn.  It doesn't affect anyone else, though.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: September 20, 2013, 03:10:17 am »

((Ah, nothing like looking over the tome while waiting for time to pass..!))

*Bigf01t reads the tome intently, quickly shuffling between pages while waiting for his voice to catch up with this thoughts*

((How through it is everyone? I've got 127 words and all bar four of the pages' general meanings (or at least what I think they are). Turns out I have only just crossed the halfway mark. Yay.))

((Hey Derm, only three more "unfortunate accidents" and you get to smash people! Isn't this exciting!))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1978 on: September 20, 2013, 08:10:04 am »

((Ah, nothing like looking over the tome while waiting for time to pass..!))

*Bigf01t reads the tome intently, quickly shuffling between pages while waiting for his voice to catch up with this thoughts*

((How through it is everyone? I've got 127 words and all bar four of the pages' general meanings (or at least what I think they are). Turns out I have only just crossed the halfway mark. Yay.))

((Hey Derm, only three more "unfortunate accidents" and you get to smash people! Isn't this exciting!))
Reasons to kill Derm as soon as he spawns:
1) Souls.
2) Life.

Do not let him get to much power :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 20, 2013, 08:21:15 am »

Oh don't you even start with that I've been waiting fucking months.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 198