Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377988 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2070 on: September 22, 2013, 12:40:10 pm »

((Can someone translate the name of the Dwarf? Because I don't find the last part in the raws.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 22, 2013, 12:49:28 pm »

Stone Melt Axe.  Can you believe there's not a word for magma in there?

Therapox:  I'm keeping track of where the dangerous stuff is- you'll notice I didn't spawn anyone in the magma room despite it being empty of players.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 22, 2013, 12:51:28 pm »

Wait what.

HOLD UP.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2073 on: September 22, 2013, 12:51:52 pm »

Therapox:  I'm keeping track of where the dangerous stuff is- you'll notice I didn't spawn anyone in the magma room despite it being empty of players.
Why is magma room dangerous? As long as you dont touch the roof...

Either ways: Experiment for someone to try:
Repulsive-Force Blackhole.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 22, 2013, 12:57:54 pm »

You just want to shorten the waitlist. You know that it will only produce a bunch of repulsive force and a black hole. Just that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 22, 2013, 01:00:09 pm »

Then stick in a shape, as well. I'm guessing that it would do precisely nothing if we did that. Or maybe it would make a properly-contained black hole.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2076 on: September 22, 2013, 01:19:39 pm »

You just want to shorten the waitlist. You know that it will only produce a bunch of repulsive force and a black hole. Just that.
Add Enur to the mix and throw it far away from you, what i want to see is if repulsive force negates blackhole effects, in which case, you would have a good good good weapon to use agaisnt the dude with most souls in the game...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 22, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »

Add Enur to the mix and throw it far away from you, what i want to see is if repulsive force negates blackhole effects, in which case, you would have a good good good weapon to use agaisnt the dude with most souls in the game...
Who is dead, and noted that being a living blackhole has disadvantages.

Then stick in a shape, as well. I'm guessing that it would do precisely nothing if we did that. Or maybe it would make a properly-contained black hole.
I have been thinking about that, and I think that we need the word "containing" for that. And then, we wouldn't be able to grab the object, because of the repulsive force. So I don't think that it would be possible.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2078 on: September 22, 2013, 01:27:40 pm »

Who is dead, and noted that being a living blackhole has disadvantages.

I have been thinking about that, and I think that we need the word "containing" for that. And then, we wouldn't be able to grab the object, because of the repulsive force. So I don't think that it would be possible.
Either ways it should be done. I like science about already discovered words. Who knows, the fusion may have some weird properties. Quicksilver reflects Arcane Energy, perhaps Repulsive force does something to blackholes? Creating a zone on where you re both being attracted and repelled at the same time potentially causing you to rip in half if you re made out of weak materials? Perhaps even something related to Space-time?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 22, 2013, 01:30:04 pm »

((I'm not against science by any means. I'm going to practice some whenever I can. But I think that maybe altering the space-time continuum is too much. I'll pass on that))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

Don't worry- if you break space-time continuity I'll make sure it's entertaining.  For me, at least

Beholdeth!

You peer into the magma room.   There appear to be two plastic aliens dissecting a cow in there.  Hmmm.

[Pot:3]  A glimmering shape appears and falls to the ground.  It's hard to tell what it is, since it's nearly transparent, but it looks like a jumbled mass of armor bits.

Lightly touch the slime to see if it does something, if not pick up the ice and see if it has any characteristics different from normal ice (Heavier, lighter, stronger, etc…) if nothing seems different hurl the ice against the wall.

The slime is slimy, sticky, and stinky- just what you expect from normal slime.  You heft the ice and inspect it physically- as far as you can tell, there's nothing odd about it.

You chuck it at the wall.  It bounces off, still in one piece.

Enter the Grand Chamber.

"Greetings! I will grant you a gift!"

"Umbilig Putriddle Ustrint Madingl!"

"How do you like that? Now then...

"Bulg Haustiver!"

You look toward the dwarf and speak your magic.

[Pot:3]  A little golden hippo appears right where you're looking.  It looks around.  The dwarf looks at it, blinks, and says, almost questioningly, "Limul?"

[Pot:1]  You collapse to the ground with a sudden severe headache.

do stuff.

You stretch down and drop.

[Dex:6+1]  You stick the landing, do a backflip, and bow for the crowd.  Woo!  Yeah!  Your shouting attracts the attention of the dwarf, who gives you a weird look.

You retreat to the spike room and do a little magic.

[Pot:3+1]  You get a fairly large chunk of glass.

[Pot:5+1]  This gets you a shimmering image of a cute little bunny.  Actually, it's fairly large.

Also AWWW WIND PUPPY PLAYING WITH LITTLE GIRL

RIGHT! TIME TO PREPARE.

Suit up.

[Pot:5+1]  You get a big arcane warhammer.  Does it floating there count as a mysterious effect?

[Pot:3+1]  This gets you a small arcane shield.  It doesn't do anything weird that you can tell.

You equip both items, but you can't get either of them to do anything cool (besides the warhammer floating there.  No, it won't support your weight.)

Science!

Delicious magical science.

[Pot:5+2]  A pretty damn good sized dragon forms in front of you.  It's a good twelve feet at the shoulder, with a broad body and shining scales of a strange color that could best be described as a combination of greenish yellow and purple.

It looks intelligent, and it doesn't look friendly.  It also turns and looks at you.  Maybe that was a bad plan?

Try once more to turn myself into octiron. (Jupedem Ofactidio Pioncale)

Then, to the dwarf, Zazievale Iker.

You'll make this spell work, damn it.

[Pot:3]  Magical ley lines weakly crawl along your flesh.  They don't link together before they burst and activate, turning your body into an iron core with arcane force arcing over it.

It also explodes your helmet off your head, leaving your ears ringing.  Oops.

You turn and approach the dwarf, who is looking at the hippo again, greed in his (her?  It's really hard to tell- don't female dwarves have beards too?) eyes.

[Pot:3]  A bright flash of light flares out in front of you.  It spooks the hippo, who bolts southeast, and pisses off the dwarf, who points at you with his hammerpick and roars out what is unquestionably a battlecry.  Maybe that was a bad idea?

Quote from: Urist
!

[Urist Dex:1+1]
[Carlos Dex:4]

He charges you, leading with his shield, but you easily sidestep him.  He turns back and looks at you, murder in his eyes.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  East side, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is arcane) (4)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - Center, Grand Room (6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone, on ground, cannot cast magic next turn}
The Ensorceler:  Carlos - Northeast side, Grand Room (3 Pool)  {Left pinky is nonliving iron, last two fingers of right hand are blown off}
Tomcost: Jabon - East Exit, Cavern (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (3 Pool)
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - Northeast side, Grand Room
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 22, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »

((Hmm, maybe I will cause a massive cleanup of people))

Run to where Urist is. Say words!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 22, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »

"Needs more cowbell."

Attempt Two!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 22, 2013, 09:09:39 pm »

Summon goblin, urge dwarf to kill goblin, avoid puppy as if its made of exploding wind puppy because if i touch it it will be.

((Should i summon a goblin? Im thinking i should gonna summon a goblin.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:34:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 22, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

((I'm not against science by any means. I'm going to practice some whenever I can. But I think that maybe altering the space-time continuum is too much. I'll pass on that))
((Mayhaps the apparent paradox of a repulsive blackhole would be resolved by demonstrating that a spacial repulsion by a blackhole can only be attained by it causing you to move back in time. So you would create a time machine. :) I like relativity, and that's the closest I could come up with in terms of a relativistic explanation of a repulsive black hole. ))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 198