Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376828 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2235 on: September 27, 2013, 07:20:43 am »

(( 1). Yes, I noticed he's just making preparations. Doesn't make the lull any less hilarious.

2). It's not just Derm that's not killing other players. No one has been attempting to kill other players for the last several turns.
    Tomcost, the many-souls, has been doing research and environmental management.
    Bigfoot, the second-biggest, has been focused purely on research. I mean for god's sake, he and Tomcost has just passed each other, and Tom even made an effort to warn him what was about to happen to make sure he was all-right.
    Then we have several people fighting with Urist. And not a single person actually fighting against another player.

It's like we reached a critical mass of nice people who want to do Science. I know that it's got nothing to do with Derm, but, well, he isn't killing anyone for now either, and it's still hilarious that that critical mass coincided with his reappearance.))
Bigfoot also made himself weapons and a shield. This is the calm before the storm. Just like when Derm died, there were some turns of peace... Then bam 6 players battle+magma lion. (Fun fact, more people died outside of the battle than in the battle itself)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 27, 2013, 08:13:34 am »

((Anybody else finds it hilarious that the waitlist has been moving very quickly for the last few months, but has completely ground to a halt ever since Derm arrived? I mean seriously, we've had exactly zero deaths from player action, and the two that we did have, were both from inactivity.
All hail Derm, avatar of peace!))
((It's almost like he was accused of being an avatar of omnicide before spawn and wanted to avoid that reputation by not killing or threatening anyo--))

Well, see, this is what we call a setup for something called a multikill.
((Dammit derm, I'm trying to help you!))

Then we have several people fighting with Urist. And not a single person actually fighting against another player.
((Also people fighting with a guy summoned to fight Urist. And I think that one guy, the man with the painfully failed golden rocket punch, was trying to attack Urist.))

It's like we reached a critical mass of nice people who want to do Science. I know that it's got nothing to do with Derm, but, well, he isn't killing anyone for now either, and it's still hilarious that that critical mass coincided with his reappearance.))
((Whoo! Science!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 27, 2013, 08:22:58 am »

(( 1). Yes, I noticed he's just making preparations. Doesn't make the lull any less hilarious.

2). It's not just Derm that's not killing other players. No one has been attempting to kill other players for the last several turns.
    Tomcost, the many-souls, has been doing research and environmental management.
    Bigfoot, the second-biggest, has been focused purely on research. I mean for god's sake, he and Tomcost has just passed each other, and Tom even made an effort to warn him what was about to happen to make sure he was all-right.

Bigfoot also made himself weapons and a shield. This is the calm before the storm. Just like when Derm died, there were some turns of peace... Then bam 6 players battle+magma lion. (Fun fact, more people died outside of the battle than in the battle itself)
By the way, I forgot to thank Tomcost for the warning, so... thank you!
About the weapon and shield... would you believe self-defense? Everyone else was arming up at the time, and I took the opportunity to test some effect words too, resulting in my hoverhammer.
Thinking about it, I might just have one of the greater collections of words at the moment. Huh. Not entirely sure how mine compares to GWG's. @GWG: Super-Sci-High-Five!
WHY THE HECK DO I HAVE A SUDDEN DESIRE TO BUILD A LIBRARY IN A DEATHMATCH GAME!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: September 27, 2013, 08:26:18 am »

To be fair, even in the original there were lulls of peace interspersed with bouts of murder.  Don't worry, for the murder will come.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 27, 2013, 08:31:41 am »

To be fair, even in the original there were lulls of peace interspersed with bouts of murder.  Don't worry, for the murder will come.
I suppose it is a fair point, after all, I DID eventually kill people. Surprisingly effectively. Granted one of them wanted it.

Still. I just thought people would band together AGAINST Urist, not FOR Urist. Huh. I'm just waiting for that moment his "allies" are his best next target.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 27, 2013, 08:47:53 am »

((By the way, the warning was from a black hole that I was supposed to fire foward into the magma room to get rid of the damned aliens, and I don't know why the fog didn't activate. Yes, I'm pre-casting black holes to know if I will get an overshoot, because an overshoot with a black hole can't be good at all, and in that case I can jst fire it into the void.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: September 27, 2013, 09:32:41 am »

Change in my turn:

-Say Oildin Echapl
-Say Pesifyini Echapl

Stare into the void after that, just in case.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2242 on: September 27, 2013, 10:01:51 am »

I suppose it is a fair point, after all, I DID eventually kill people. Surprisingly effectively. Granted one of them wanted it.

Still. I just thought people would band together AGAINST Urist, not FOR Urist. Huh. I'm just waiting for that moment his "allies" are his best next target.

Well, you know the word for Many, one of the most powerful words. Now just do Many (Magic/Word you used for aliens) (Strong material, arcane energy?). If you knew the word for Enhanced you would create the end of all the things.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:23 am »

((The aliens can just cast 2 pool spells, with enhanced, maybe they could fully replicate! And then you could beat Derm in that!))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2244 on: September 27, 2013, 10:09:50 am »

((The aliens can just cast 2 pool spells, with enhanced, maybe they could fully replicate! And then you could beat Derm in that!))
Let me just say that Toaster casted an Enhanced Arcane-Energy Where im pointing at and he casted a beam that desintegrated the target and made a big big big hole in the floor.

Now if he had made a wand with that spell everyone would have been fuc***...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:14:04 am by Sarzael »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 27, 2013, 10:11:00 am »

Thinking about it, I might just have one of the greater collections of words at the moment. Huh. Not entirely sure how mine compares to GWG's.
...Mine's public. You can look at it. Wish I could say the same of yours...

@GWG: Super-Sci-High-Five!
@Bigf00t: Super-Sci-High-Five!

WHY THE HECK DO I HAVE A SUDDEN DESIRE TO BUILD A LIBRARY IN A DEATHMATCH GAME!
Just build it OOC like I did.

Well, you know the word for Many, one of the most powerful words. Now just do Many (Magic/Word you used for aliens) (Strong material, arcane energy?). If you knew the word for Enhanced you would create the end of all the things.
((Dammit Sar.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 27, 2013, 10:13:21 am »

((Well, I'm doing some public science in my turn, but mainly to prove a theory I have through empirical evidence))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2247 on: September 27, 2013, 10:14:38 am »

Actually i made a theory that has to do with that spell, it was my Orbital Attack theory, on where you use a creature with that spell as breath attack, then with will you gave it shape so that you could draw a teleportation circle right in front of the mouth, you then send that creature to somewhere far far far, and connect that circle to another which you control, wether its a creature or will-telekinesis, you send the circle to target someone, then order the creature to fire the Enhanced Large Arcane-Beam Explode Many Enhanced (What you want, i would choose electricity) Spheres.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 27, 2013, 10:16:58 am »

((Too complicated, really. The "Where I'm thinking" word wouldn't make things easier?)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2249 on: September 27, 2013, 10:22:44 am »

((Too complicated, really. The "Where I'm thinking" word wouldn't make things easier?)
But if you make it this way it only has the initial cost and every other time its free. Unless you want to waste 9 Pool every time you want to use this spell, this would make it cheaper, as you would only have to pay an initical cost of 10 or so, and since every other time it will be the creature you summoned casting it instead, you would have free attacks of total destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 198