Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378118 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2280 on: October 01, 2013, 01:29:24 pm »

((Can I kill you, GWG? Please? [Insert here more annoying "Please" with additional Es to increase the annoyance]))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2281 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:03 pm »

GWG is having a bad streak with magma...
If you knew Repair Whole-body you could be saved... Or not, since you have one pool, but someone else could heal you then... Control would also work...
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 01, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

((Those are all hypotheticals, nobody knows those words yet, and he only has one turn left. So, he will die))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 01, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »

"Dammit. One more try."

Work dat mojo, boy!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2284 on: October 01, 2013, 02:24:59 pm »

((Those are all hypotheticals, nobody knows those words yet, and he only has one turn left. So, he will die))
They are not hypotheticals, but you re right in the no one knows the words yet (We dont even know if they exists in this game).
And yes, he will die. And he will come two deaths after me. Oooh im gonna enjoy that.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:56 pm »

spend EO's soul on will like i was meant to but forgot to include in my pm, do stuff with my 2 pool.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 01, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

Use the arcane wall to remove the magnet and a good bit of my useless hand, then sprint for the closest room, unless that room is behind the dragon, if so, sprint for the other one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 07:43:22 pm by Vakothu »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 01, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »

I'll have to break mod impartiality for a moment to say that is a clever move.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 01, 2013, 08:42:41 pm »

((Yes, you have manual dexterity, though you only have one injured arm.  Also, even if you perfectly bind your wound, it won't be enough to save you- your right lung is basically cut in half.))
((Will it at least delay my death long enough to get some Pool?))

((Can I kill you, GWG? Please? [Insert here more annoying "Please" with additional Es to increase the annoyance]))
((If I can't save myself, sure. I'd appreciate if you did so with some public Science, though.))

They are not hypotheticals, but you re right in the no one knows the words yet (We dont even know if they exists in this game).
((I'd call that pretty hypothetical.))

And yes, he will die. And he will come two deaths after me. Oooh im gonna enjoy that.
((Why? Beating up the Public-Science-Man in the Spec-Evo forums isn't enough?))

((Which one?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:15 pm »

((Yes, you have manual dexterity, though you only have one injured arm.  Also, even if you perfectly bind your wound, it won't be enough to save you- your right lung is basically cut in half.))
((Will it at least delay my death long enough to get some Pool?))

((Which one?))

No.

Vakothu's.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 02, 2013, 02:47:57 am »

IMAGINATIVE TURN DESCRIPTION

So. Close. On the plus side I AM learning lots of fun words!

Also @Vakothu: Seconded. Clever!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29:45 am »

A couple hints:  Remember that you're basically making a sentence with magical words.  If you make a phrase with words that simply makes no sense, a part of the spell may "burn off" and take no effect.  If something is directly contradictory, one of the contradicting parts will take effect and the other is ignored.  If you get a poor roll, you may not get all the cool effects that a success would have given you.  With the "concept" words, be creative and you may get something sweet.

Just something to keep in mind.

"You have not seen the last of SCIENCE MAN!"

Retreat.

"Rogran..."

Use the result to bind my wound.
spend EO's soul on will like i was meant to but forgot to include in my pm, do stuff with my 2 pool.

[Science Spd:6-1]
[Outcast Spd:1]
[Urist Spd:1+1]

Science Man runs to the south.  He barely manages to cough out a word.

[Pot:6]  A giant pile of cloth appears, and Science Man lies down in it and dies.  A point of light flies to the dwarf.

[Science Man is dead.  His power is taken by Urist Lamkalallibash]

Urist looks at Outcast Wizard and roars.

[Urist Dex:4+1]
[Outcast Dex:6+1]

Urist charges Outcast Wizard with the shield, but he dodges out of the way.  The dwarf keeps running to the south.

Outcast Wizard is able to catch up with him enough to get his word out.

[Outcast Pot:5+1] A blast of arcane energy blows off Urist's chest and leg armor, exposing some ragged clothing underneath, hair poking out of the various holes and tatters.  He keeps running, and reaches into his sack... wait, is his sack moving on its own?

"Dammit. One more try."

Work dat mojo, boy!

Grr.

[Pot:4+1]  A strange looking set of full-sleeve gloves appears.  It appears to be made of metallic cloth- supple and bendy like cloth, but unyielding like steel.  It doesn't quite lay all the way closed, as if there's an invisible inner layer.

You put them on.  They don't explode.  You pick up the sword.  It also doesn't explode.  Neat.

Oh hey, there's a dragon chasing a guy your direction.

Actions!

Let's see what this magic can do.

[Pot:2+2]  A chunk of steel appears in front of you.  It looks like normal steel, except it's hovering where you summoned it.

[Pot:5+2]  A massive slab of steel appears.  This one crashes heavily to the ground.  Looks normal to you.

Use the arcane wall to remove the magnet and a good bit of my useless hand, then sprint for the closest room, unless that room is behind the dragon, if so, sprint for the other one.

[Azilain Spd:3]
[Dragon Spd:3]

You swing your arm toward the wall.

[Str:4]  You blow off the magnet and the fingers from your hand, leaving it light enough to run normally.  Good enough.

You turn to run, but the dragon has already sidestepped the wall- shit.

[Dragon Dex:2]
[Azilain Dex:1]

[Dragon Str:3]
[Azilain End:4]

The dragon swipes you again with his claws, opening up a couple more cuts on your arm.  You run south, the dragon chasing you.

IMAGINATIVE TURN DESCRIPTION

Imagination!  You set your arcane tools to the side.

[Pot:2+1]  Copper!  Woo!

[Pot:4+1]  More copper!  Also woo!

You deactivate your form and play around with the copper.  None of your testing reveals special properties, except the first lump seems to be more prone to breaking.

You set them aside and reactivate your form.  Picking up the shield, you will it to change.  Nothing happens.

Mark Sheperd appears on the north ledge of the Grand Room.  He broods as he watches a giant man made of arcane energy chasing a dwarf the other direction.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Center, Grand Room (2/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - North ledge, Grand Room (1 Pool)
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - East side, Spike Room (2 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North of Center, Cavern (2/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail, Force Clothsteel Armguards, Twin Blade Darkfire Sword]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - Center, Grand Room (6)

For the record, Urist is worth five souls plus the soul value of his kills.  He was made with more points than that, but he doesn't get the benefit of soul power he earns.

Also, Killerhellhound:  You put a point in Awareness, which doesn't exist in this game.  You may move that point elsewhere.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 02, 2013, 09:34:50 am »

((Toaster, I had changed my turn by the time you made the update, maybe you didn't see it))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 02, 2013, 09:47:57 am »

stuff, and things, and contingencies.

((Six on potency and i didnt even singe his leg hair  :-\))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 198