Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378057 times)

Defiatos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2400 on: October 11, 2013, 05:51:15 am »

Wilbur clutches his bleeding stump of a leg, and cries out, "More Words!"

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 11, 2013, 09:42:00 am »

The dwarf bashes Outcast in the left knee with his shield.  There's an audible pop, and Outcast crashes down, leg screaming in pain.  The dwarf steps back and shouts a battle cry.
Lolwat.

Also, test-fire INTO THE MAGMA ROOM, quick modification to past turn. For teh lolz.

((Also, can we rename "Arcane Great Crossbow" in my inventory to "Compensation Launcher"? Please?))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 11, 2013, 10:09:05 am »

The dwarf bashes Outcast in the left knee with his shield.  There's an audible pop, and Outcast crashes down, leg screaming in pain.  The dwarf steps back and shouts a battle cry.
Lolwat.
Not literally.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:23 am »

Yes.  The dwarf shield-bashed him SO HARD that his LEG screamed in pain.  It's pretty metal.

Also, done.

I got most of the way through the turn and realized that Rolepgeek still needs to submit a turn.  I'll shoot him a PM.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 11, 2013, 11:44:38 am »

How do I get in on the word exchange thing?

I know werewolf, at least.
Turn submitted, as well.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 11, 2013, 12:33:07 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply!

Beholdeth.
Time for some Magic

[Derm Spd:3]
[Azilain Spd:5]
[Dragon Spd:1]

Azilain is the first to move.  He faces the dragon, raises his hand, channels his focus, and says his words.

[Azilain Pot:4+1]
[Azilain Dex:3]

[Dragon Dex:4]

A point of darkness flies out from his finger.  The dragon moves to dodge, but it clips his side and activates.

[Derm Str:2]
[Azilain Str:6]

A powerful black hole appears, sucking things in with rather extreme force.  The dragon, at point blank range, is slurped in noisily before he can even react.  Derm, still fairly close, is sucked in as well with all his gear.  Azilain himself digs his feet in and manages to withstand the pull until the singularity closes with an earsplitting crack.

Well, that's that problem solved.

[Derm is dead.  Azilain gains one point.]

Moar Science!

You feel like you should put that thing out of its misery.  It's just hunched over and wheezing.

[Pot:1+2]  Three tiny goblins appear.  They're, like, a foot tall each.

They look at you and let out high-pitched growls.  Awww, they're cute!

Keep stomping Wilmor
Wilbur clutches his bleeding stump of a leg, and cries out, "More Words!"

[Mark Spd:1-1]  //Oh man I almost called you Damon again
[Wilbur Spd:5]

Wilbur, barely conscious, rattles out magic words.

[Wilbur Pot:4]  A shimmering image appears before him.  It's... uh... what?  Looks like a cross between a limb and armor?  You're not even sure how that works.

[Mark Dex:1]
[Wilbur Dex:3-1]

[Mark Str:1-1]  Mark trips and falls on his face.  Ow.

Wilbur lies back and stops breathing.  His body decays into ash.

[Wilbur is dead.  His power is taken by Urist Lamkalallibash.]

stuff
Turn submitted, as well.

[Outcast Spd:6]
[Damon Spd:4]
[Urist Spd:5+1]

Urist charges forward with his shield as Outcast Wizard barks out a spell.

[Outcast Pot:1+1]  A few magical sparkles flutter into the air.  Damn it!

[Urist Dex:2+1]
[Outcast Dex:1-1]

[Urist Str:6+2]
[Outcast End:5]  //Lucky you.

The dwarf smashes Outcast Wizard full across the face with his shield.  His head slams backwards into the stone, leaving a ringing in his ears and spots in his vision.  {Dazed:  -1 rolls next turn}

Damon, for his part, scrambles backwards as best as a one-legged man can.

Turn.
Spoilered, not PMed, as words are already known:
Spoiler: WORDS (click to show/hide)

And now for something completely a bit different.

[Pot:3+1] A nice simple arcane energy helmet.  You slap it the ol' noggin.

[Pot:2+1] Arcane energy chainmail that's five sizes too small.  Dammit.

[Pot:2+1] Matching too small leggings.  Dammit!

You walk across the bridge almost to the door of the Magma Room, point your massive tool into it, and fire away at the closest plastic alien- of which you note there are still only two.

[Bigf01t Dex:4+1]
[Alien2 Dex:4]

[Alien2 End:6]

As you press the trigger, a small cylinder of light fires out of the Compensation Launcher.  It arcs gracefully into the alien's chest and detonates on impact in a massive burst of light.  Once you can see again, you can see that the alien you hit is on the ground, clutching at its eyes.  Its chest looks a bit melted.

The other alien is looking at you, with the blank expression of its species.  A shimmering image of a treasure chest, filled with gold, is fading away from it.

[Alien1 Pot:6+2]  A massive longhorn steer made of solid magma is called into being.  It's so big you don't think it could fit out of the room it's in.  Which is a good thing, because it looks directly at you and bellows.

Derya pops into the arena at the north side of the Cavern.  She twitches, glancing around nervously.

Cromwellius The Second appears with a crack at the north side of the Grand Room.  The vengeance you seek is in another castle.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  East side, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Dazed (-1 rolls next turn)} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (1/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - South Side, Grand Room (1 Pool)
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - West of Center, Spike Room (2/2 Pool) {Left leg is gone}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (1/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool)
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North Side, Grand Room (3 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - East Side, Spike Room (7)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:36:12 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 11, 2013, 12:44:18 pm »

Some more quick replies.

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 11, 2013, 01:28:02 pm »

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

GET ME BACK IN THAT LIST.

Shouldn't force have protected me from crushing!?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:33:04 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 11, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

If you had been sucked in first it might have saved the dragon.  But no, it didn't save you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:41 pm »

How do I get in on the word exchange thing?
The what?

It's... uh... what?  Looks like a cross between a limb and armor?  You're not even sure how that works.
((Armored limbs?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: October 11, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »

((For the last week I've been cheering for Vakothu, and of course the powerful Science pair, Bigfoot and Tomcost. So I'm very happy with this turn's outcome.

By the way, do you two (Tomcost, Bigfoot) share your word lists? Because if nothing else, it seems like you guys made an alliance, which isn't a bad thing.

Having everyone except for the Science pair injured was also very entertaining, as was the fact the the creatures created by the said pair + Urist have been dominating the arena. Also, I wonder if you two should accept Vakothu into the "alliance," would certainly he group my favorite characters all into one bundle.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 11, 2013, 03:13:45 pm »

stuff.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 11, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »

Look around the magma room. Shakily ascertain the location of any persons nearby, and hide in a safe corner.

"T-this... must be... a dream... Can't... be a remnant of... wait...

This... book? The accused book? Oh god. Oh gods. Why do you torment me so? Why?"

Thumb through the book.

"Let me... try to remember... what was it... the words..."
Fircerain Jigenc Fluslit.
"If that works, then... I'll be armed, and... less helpless against... them."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 11, 2013, 06:55:18 pm »

Wave non-threateningly at Derya, then say Rogran and use the cloth to bandage my chest.
+1 to potency

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 11, 2013, 09:37:44 pm »

((For the last week I've been cheering for Vakothu, and of course the powerful Science pair, Bigfoot and Tomcost. So I'm very happy with this turn's outcome.

By the way, do you two (Tomcost, Bigfoot) share your word lists? Because if nothing else, it seems like you guys made an alliance, which isn't a bad thing.

Having everyone except for the Science pair injured was also very entertaining, as was the fact the the creatures created by the said pair + Urist have been dominating the arena. Also, I wonder if you two should accept Vakothu into the "alliance," would certainly he group my favorite characters all into one bundle.))

No direct share, mostly just ideas about science and perhaps splitting words to science and sharing the result, which I am reasonably happy to do with any science-minded denizen of the pit. Trading has become difficult as I am down to my last 53 truly unknown words (and 7 more I know, just not the order). Most of these are forms. (There are a few words I am unsure of, but we will see)
Once I clean up the Magma Room I won't have much more to do but innovate and science, unless some poor fool wants to pick a fight, in which case I won't be aiming to be accommodating.

I must say I am a little disappointed with the "Compensation Launcher" (Thanks for the rename BTW  ;D), I was hoping for something a little more... killy.
Oh well, if anyone wants to trade for an arcane mega-flashbang launcher do ask.

[TURN_SUBMIT]

EDIT: Waitaminute, shouldn't I have full pool? My last turn I basically poked the compensation launcher with my toe and picked it up. No combat. Nevermind. Forgot I tried spawning armor... :-[
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:38:52 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 198