Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376844 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2580 on: October 23, 2013, 02:36:23 pm »

It should give an endurance roll... have I been inconsistent?

EDIT:   ...depending on magnitude.  A pot roll of 3 or 4 probably will, 7 almost certainly won't.
So far the only reason for arcane energy to give endurance rolls you gave were for see if you bled to death or not after your arm exploding.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: October 23, 2013, 02:54:02 pm »

It should give an endurance roll... have I been inconsistent?

EDIT:   ...depending on magnitude.  A pot roll of 3 or 4 probably will, 7 almost certainly won't.
So far the only reason for arcane energy to give endurance rolls you gave were for see if you bled to death or not after your arm exploding.
This.

So far, arcane energy explodes everything it touches. That means that actually there is no thing to rol for endurance afterwards. The same way a black hole touching you sucks you instantly. That's why we have seen so many arcane people and black holes. THey are the best weapons.

And I think that everything that has been touched by arcane energy has just exploded. Because no matter how much endurance you may have, nothing will prevent your arm from geting exploded.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: October 23, 2013, 03:08:29 pm »

I could just be thinking of special cases like Urist's shield or arcane-arcane contacts.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: October 23, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

I could just be thinking of special cases like Urist's shield or arcane-arcane contacts.
These have been exceptions to the case "it just explodes" rules.

I haven't seen a common material survive contact with arcane energy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: October 23, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »

Perhaps someone needs to figure out its weakness.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2585 on: October 23, 2013, 03:16:07 pm »

Quicksilver? Well, Tomcost used it agaisnt the Werewolf, right?
And in Blackholes it is Repulsive Force.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 23, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »

You are wrong in both. I keep those important scientific facts to myself.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2587 on: October 23, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »

I dont believe you, i was right on all. Toaster himself confirmed that 创If derm, whose body was partially made out of repulsive force, went in the blackhole before the dragon, the dragon perhaps would have been saved`` and on werewolf death 创Liquid Silver drops contact the werewolf, it explodes some of them, but it finally screams in pain and perishes`` (Not the actual words, but you get it)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: October 23, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »

I dont believe you, i was right on all. Toaster himself confirmed that 创If derm, whose body was partially made out of repulsive force, went in the blackhole before the dragon, the dragon perhaps would have been saved`` and on werewolf death 创Liquid Silver drops contact the werewolf, it explodes some of them, but it finally screams in pain and perishes`` (Not the actual words, but you get it)

Yes, but it could be the werewolf that's vulnerable to liquid silver/quicksilver, instead of the arcane.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: October 23, 2013, 03:44:24 pm »

That would work, IF it was actual liquid silver and IF the werewolf was not just "Dog Human" or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: October 23, 2013, 03:48:39 pm »

Yes, but it could be the werewolf that's vulnerable to liquid silver/quicksilver, instead of the arcane.
Eotyrannus is wise. Scientifically, you can't confirm if the werewolf died because it was made of arcane energy or because it was a werewolf.

And, on the repulsive energy subject, that only confirms that repulsive force is more "filling" than normal matter, as if it were the actual weakness, Derm wouldn't have died.

That would work, IF it was actual liquid silver and IF the werewolf was not just "Dog Human" or something.
It was indeed a werewolf. The person who summoned it had a pool of 2, and, considering that the word for arcane was there too, that only means that the other word was werewolf.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2591 on: October 23, 2013, 04:08:28 pm »

Eotyrannus is wise. Scientifically, you can't confirm if the werewolf died because it was made of arcane energy or because it was a werewolf.

And, on the repulsive energy subject, that only confirms that repulsive force is more "filling" than normal matter, as if it were the actual weakness, Derm wouldn't have died.

It was indeed a werewolf. The person who summoned it had a pool of 2, and, considering that the word for arcane was there too, that only means that the other word was werewolf.
It was a werewolf, and well, there is an quite easy way to confirm wether you used Quicksilver or Liquid Silver... But im lazy, so ill leave it to GreatWyrm to find it out. (Hint, Liquid Silver is two words, Quicksilver is one)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:51 pm »

It was a werewolf, and well, there is an quite easy way to confirm wether you used Quicksilver or Liquid Silver... But im lazy, so ill leave it to GreatWyrm to find it out. (Hint, Liquid Silver is two words, Quicksilver is one)
Hint, or maybe something to make you doubt even more:
That substance was pretty complex, I used 4 words on that spell.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: October 23, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »

((Which could be Quicksilver+3 or Liquid Silver+2. Which means that Sar's idea wouldn't have worked.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: October 23, 2013, 04:20:01 pm »

((Which could be Quicksilver+3 or Liquid Silver+2. Which means that Sar's idea wouldn't have worked.))
I'm on a trolling mood today.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 198