Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378055 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [The Final Battle]
« Reply #2790 on: December 21, 2013, 12:47:29 am »

You don't need wrestling technique when you can pin an enemy under a single claw.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: December 21, 2013, 12:56:18 am »

BTW, the "repel" musing wasn't one of the weaknesses I was talking about, but yea, some things are harder to counter than others, and I look forward to seeing what we all come up with!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: December 21, 2013, 03:17:10 am »

You don't need wrestling technique when you can pin an enemy under a single claw.

The last person who could pin an enemy under a single claw got flipped over a turnbuckle and broken his face upon descent, so I refute that statement.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: December 21, 2013, 03:21:15 am »

TCM, would you come to a middle ground, perhaps with the stance that magic is the wrestling of the mind?
SO TRYING to resist to give him anti-magic* gear and setting the pro on people...

*While typing anti-magic, I just realized I hold the two words needed. repel, and magic. My god why have I wasted my time in the pit so?! It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be so incredible...

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: December 21, 2013, 03:25:05 am »

Magic can be mind-wrestling when it gets hype.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: December 21, 2013, 03:34:26 am »

Ah... reminds me of several moments in the original Perplexicon, unfortunately most mind-wrestling was by pros vs people with no will stat! Not so much wrestling as surprise curb-stomping.  :P

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: December 21, 2013, 04:36:38 am »

I dont recall any mind wrestling and only one case of mind domination, it was glorious.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: December 21, 2013, 07:52:16 am »

Wait, you're making us fight in an arena WITHOUT 1001 magical seals and 1001 wizards casting constant antimagic on the scenery?
It will last three turns. Tops.
The arena will be destructible. There won't be any privileges about anything. Both the air you breathe and the floor supporting you can be destroyed. That way there are no privileges with things like arcane beings. Big power will come at a high cost. You won't be able to reliably use any game-breaking spell for too long.

But don't worry, the destruction won't last forever.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: December 21, 2013, 10:26:27 am »

Will black holes be realistic, or will they vanish without eating everything?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: December 21, 2013, 11:19:21 am »

They won't be blackholes, but vacuum. A special kind of vacuum that actually negates matter. Arithmetically, it would be like negative matter, in a sense that in contact with normal matter both get detroyed without releasing energy. That way vaccums will actually be temporary, and wouldn't imply high concentrations of mass. That way we reach a playable equilibrium between a "suction force" and a "black hole".

Think of what happens to negative numbers when you add positive numbers, basically that is how I want to handle it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:55 am »

Gentlemen, I have all what is necessary to start the game, but I fear that doing so in the middle of these festivities will be met with a lot of abcent players, so I will postpone the game until after new year. Meanwhile, I will give the opportunity to those who were selected to modify their character sheets, as some stats will do different things.

Taken from what will be the thread:
Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mechanics (click to show/hide)

EDIT: PM them to me to prevent clutter in this thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 26, 2013, 04:09:17 pm »

Yet more evidence that TCM doesn't care about being taken seriously...

I consider his suggestions serious!  In fact, as a (terrible) Christmas present, I will tell him (and everyone) that Whiachmat is the word for table.  With the correct word combination, you could have a magic item that generated tables for you!

Blast.  I don't have Killerhellhound.  I'll PM him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 26, 2013, 05:30:22 pm »

KHH is still around here, he is trying to murder an unarmed fellow with a halberd in another RTD. But he tends to be absent from time to time.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 27, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »

Whoops. Anyway. I can only assume words will reset. Yay not being behind everyone else possibly!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 27, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

Whoops. Anyway. I can only assume words will reset. Yay not being behind everyone else possibly!

You know, there was a public wordlist in this game.

I will tell him (and everyone) that Whiachmat is the word for table.
I missed this, but now Bigfoot would be able to make his arcane furniture lancher that he always wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 198