Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55

Author Topic: Airship Combat: Rocket man.  (Read 69921 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Airship Combat: Now with More, probably hard to follow, Tutorials
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »

I can run with it, sure, no probs here. But then it's still labeled incorrectly: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/crkwpy8ncr964nc/OXOj85jZV2#f:Main%20deck%20above%20view.png
Hmm. Image is called "Main deck above view" but the deck itself is labelled upper. Hmm. Well, whatever, lets call it Main deck and the upper most one the cockpit.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

Will the next test be with the modular design?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #287 on: July 23, 2013, 08:38:50 pm »

Will the next test be with the modular design?
Yep. I should have everything ready by the time one of you dies. Won't have all the stuff for the final game ready, but I'll have enough to let you start building ships.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »

Modularrrr design.

Ah hah harrr!  Ye landlubbers don't stand a chance!

Toastarrr:  Wait for the left hand cannons to be loaded, then shoot out their engines.  If no one is loading cannons, do so myself, while cursing them for missing an opportunity.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 02:27:16 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 24, 2013, 05:34:37 am »

Right now, I'd basically just shift you all over to the center of the map; keeping your relative positions. Later, when this is real, they'll probably hit something and either scrape against it or just slam to a stop.
I think we should keep relocating even in the 'real' game. Looks more realistic this way.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 24, 2013, 07:05:09 am »

Right now, I'd basically just shift you all over to the center of the map; keeping your relative positions. Later, when this is real, they'll probably hit something and either scrape against it or just slam to a stop.
I think we should keep relocating even in the 'real' game. Looks more realistic this way.
Unless we have realistic reasons to have map limitations. Maybe not always square ones.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2013, 07:34:15 am »

Skybooth - Cael the Commentator

"Despite losing their resident McGyver wannabe, Blue Team is still the one which has actual chances of winning. Red has to pray for a miracle - or more realistically, for a case of mass retardation to spread amidst Blue."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2013, 08:08:18 am »

Fire cannons.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2013, 08:19:18 am »

"Despite losing their resident McGyver wannabe, Blue Team is still the one which has actual chances of winning. Red has to pray for a miracle - or more realistically, for a case of mass retardation to spread amidst Blue."
((I've got it!
We need to hijack their ship, crash it, and then get back to our own ship! BRILLIANT!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:05 am »

((I've got it!
We need to hijack their ship, crash it, and then get back to our own ship! BRILLIANT!))

It can't possibly fail.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 24, 2013, 08:55:24 am »

((I've got it!
Actually, if I had several ranks in speech, I wouldn't kill you. I'd convince you to board the other ship and be a suicide bomber with all the molotovs. It'd be great! I have this mental image on a one-armed man with a molotov in hand getting on board.

Fire cannons.
Idiot defense activated! Remote contol mode activated: Do not fire the cannons if the other ship's not in line of fire.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 24, 2013, 09:38:47 am »

Actually, if I had several ranks in speech, I wouldn't kill you. I'd convince you to board the other ship and be a suicide bomber with all the molotovs. It'd be great! I have this mental image on a one-armed man with a molotov in hand getting on board.
One Molotov in hand, another clenched in teeth and the third held between the thighs. DO IT.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 24, 2013, 09:46:59 am »

One Molotov in hand, another clenched in teeth and the third held between the thighs. DO IT.
Well, we don't exactly have any speech or willpower stats yet, and if I'm doing something like this, I want to accomplish it fairly. Using Int just feels like going too far. So no, maybe in another game. Besides, I like my current action too, so I am loth to change it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 24, 2013, 09:56:35 am »

Well, we don't exactly have any speech or willpower stats yet, and if I'm doing something like this, I want to accomplish it fairly. Using Int just feels like going too far. So no, maybe in another game. Besides, I like my current action too, so I am loth to change it.
Er, I was actually suggesting that course of action to GWG. It's not like he is going to be of any use to you, being maimed for life and suffering from severe blood loss. At least this way he'll go out in style and will be guaranteed to not inflict any harm on our team.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2013, 09:59:06 am »

Er, I was actually suggesting that course of action to GWG. It's not like he is going to be of any use to you, being maimed for life and suffering from severe blood loss. At least this way he'll go out in style and will be guaranteed to not inflict any harm on our team.

I agree with Dariush.  GWG should go out in (hilarious) style, not have his throat cut.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55