Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256228 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2013, 08:30:03 am »

Happy Tuberculosis!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 04, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »

Right, so... anybody care to suggest for Errol so we can get going?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:24 pm »

She'll propose to meet in a fancy tea and cake shop? Possibly offering fancy hats as a token of good will. Then if the lady accepts, she'll let off a randomly selected spell to celebrate.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 04, 2013, 04:36:18 pm »

+1
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2013, 02:30:08 pm »

Elizabeth feels slightly alien thought patterns enter her mind as she thinks of something to say at last.

"How about a fancy tea and cake shop? I could even offer you a fancy hat to go with that."

"Oh, that would be wonderful! How about the one on Raymond Street? The one with the giant cupcake sign?"

"Yes, that works."

"Great, I will head there right away. No time to waste! Meet me there soon!"

The woman hangs up. Elizabeth is then so overcome with joy she feels the need to get off a spell.

[Elizabeth's affinity roll: 3+1]

She points at a nearby wall, whereupon a small hole opens up in it, causing frozen napkins to pour out in somewhat large quantities.

"Oh dear... not to impose, but is that... necessary? These magics make me a bit nervous..."

Halesey, not to be outdone, tries to unleash a bolt of indestructible beans.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5]

He points to a nearby wall, causing a clump of beans to erupt out of his hand and hit the wall, busting right through it and leaving a large hole.

"Um... uh... well, really... um..." Herbert stammers, rapidly losing his composure and beginning to tremble as he looks upon the rain-plagued Halesey.

"Anyway, we're meeting the lady over at the fancy tea and cake shop on Raymond Street. The one with the big cupcake sign on it."

"Sounds... nice, yes."

Willy quickly chooses the Blessing of Happy Tuberculosis from his list of new powers, and just then he returns to the world of the superficially normal, Hungry Pete looking at him excitedly.

"You went there, didn't you? Heaven? You saw it, right? You did!"

He looks more than a little fanatical there.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 05, 2013, 02:47:39 pm »

"Ah man, terribly sorry about that, Herbert. I'm... I'm an idiot. That's your wall and everything. I'll do my best to make it up to you. And the... um... the napkin thing normally wears off after a while, I think... Right, Elizabeth - we need to get you safely to the rendezvous - let's go!"

Accompany Elizabeth to the rendezvous! Try and loiter outside non-suspiciously whilst she negotiates - possibly on a bench. Actually no, there could be dinosaurs still about outside, so loiter outside, but head into the nearest indoors next to the fancy tea and cake shop if danger approaches. It'd better not, because I have potatoes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 05, 2013, 03:06:16 pm »

Follow along to the shop and loiter around.  Concentrate on summoning hats for when I get there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 07, 2013, 03:12:03 pm »

Right then, chaps, would you be so kind to provide Errol's conversational strategy for this encounter? I feel the plot slipping away from me with the waits between updates.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 07, 2013, 03:35:55 pm »

I'd imagine she would try to be very nice about it, seeing what reasonable payment or services the lady might accept for the deed, or whether there is some kind of way we could legally allowed to be there to the exclusion of all other - rent, maybe, services rendered, perhaps.

But then there'd also be that distant possibility that she'd totally flip out in the end, frustrated, hating this daft old tea and cake lover for her stubborn idiocy getting in the way of Elizabeth's potential ascension to a magical world free of mucus covered hair and imbeciles, where her nice and earnest righteousness would be corrupted into a horrifying lovelydictator.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 07, 2013, 03:52:35 pm »

Well, she'd phase out at the most inopportune times, for one :_: It's tough times even though they shouldn't be, on my side. I can't pull myself together to get any sort of creative effort going.

First part is pretty on point. I wanted to propose some sort of sharing, and honestly I'm pretty sure the previous owner went through this sort of situation before and is a mage as well, so the thing she hopes for is a reasonable counterpart who wants to scuffle around as little as she does. Next important thing, check whether we can share the leyline like this. Should be possible.

And her immediate action is obviously acquiring cake, tea and sweets. And a good private place to negoitate in. Possibly her own apartment? That might be risky, but what other cozy, acquirable yet private places are there? Her own place probably. Just because this shows her trust in this negoitation. Who'd want to blow her own apartment up, after all?

And roll the spell dice once more for good measure. Perhaps we gonna get lucky?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 07, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

The gang regroup and head off to the shop over on Raymond Street, which proves rather easy to find, even if they have to dodge a somewhat dinosaur-infested crossing on the way. The place has got a giant cupcake sign on it, for Pete's sake. Not really the most difficult thing to spot. As they approach, the mages split into two distinct groups - the first group, made up of Halesey and Larry head to a nice, shady spot where they can loiter about - outside a convenience store located on a nearby street corner. From there they observe - well, Halesey does. Larry is a bit busy making making faces and preparing to magic real hard in a moment, though he does not make great strides in concentrating on hat summoning. Perhaps it's all this rain. Or maybe it's the fact that Halesey's shampoo storm cloud still hasn't gone away. It's becoming mildly distressing.

Elizabeth, who is the only representative of the second group, and rightly so - wouldn't want to unduly spook Ms. Walters - heads into the fancy cake and tea shop with the giant cupcake sign and looks for her first priority at the moment - fancy cakes, tea and sweets. Luckily, all of these can be had for the low, low price of 10 dollars for a whole lunch's worth of desserts. When that's done, she looks around for Ms. Walters, who appears to be a portly, short-haired and jolly-looking woman currently enjoying a slice of cake in a nearby booth - Elizabeth assumes it's her, considering that she's the only one in here on this rather terrible Saturday. She shuffles over to the woman and speaks.

"Hello. Would you by any chance be Ms. Walters?"

The woman looks up from her cake, giving Elizabeth a good look at her whipped cream-stained teeth as she smiles widely at her.

"Why, yes! You're the woman I spoke to, I presume? Pleased to meet you. Now, you seemed eager to speak to me about something. This does not happen often, so I am understandably curious as to what it might be."

"Yes, well... perhaps we could speak about this elsewhere? I have an apartment not too far away, maybe we could hash this out there?"

Ms. Walters takes a great spoonful of cake and quickly scarfs it down before answering.

"That's awfully forward of you, Ms.-erm... hm. That's one thing, I don't even know your name yet. And this place is so wonderful, too. There's cake and tea, and the sweets are rather nice as well. Speaking of, may I sample some of yours? Those little brown candies look scrumptious, but I haven't ordered them before. What're they like?"

Some distant, emergent part of Elizabeth's brain has little patience for conversations like these. It just wants to do magic right here, right now. Make a napkin portal right there on the ceiling. However, a part of her brain more well-versed on human etiquette is strong enough to stop the urge... for now. The question is, can it last?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:28:54 pm by Harry Baldman »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 07, 2013, 05:35:20 pm »

((no! it can't!!))

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 07, 2013, 05:56:51 pm »

Show Pete my new powers of Tuberculosis!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 07, 2013, 07:43:33 pm »

"Damn women.  How long does it take them to work out a deal?"

Professionally loiter.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2013, 12:31:48 pm »

Waitlist please:

1. I was following the quite obvious evidence as to where the weirdness was coming from.
2. Dave D. Davidson
3. gold
4. Finder of things.
5. Mystery, reason, chaos, and sugar.
6. Not knowing things
7. Harry Dresden
Body: 0
Finesse: 0
Mind: 6
Affinity: 0
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 244