Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255125 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #630 on: January 03, 2014, 05:39:13 pm »

"Hell, you've been having visions too? Like, real visions? Any... you know, doom and stuff? Really, I think the only thing you'll have to do is keep any new squatters from getting in or staying around. Just so that we - and hopefully soon enough you - can continue with our investigations into the power, you know...

Ah. Arch-Magus. This girl - what was your name? - and her comrade have agreed to act as... how would you say. Security guards. Keeping the other squatters away using non-suspicious non-magical means, but also keeping up a respectable squatted-factory kinda disguise, if you see how I mean. It's the ideal non-violent solution.

How goes your investigation into the leyline? Can you harness its power?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 03, 2014, 05:51:55 pm »

"Hell, you've been having visions too? Like, real visions? Any... you know, doom and stuff? Really, I think the only thing you'll have to do is keep any new squatters from getting in or staying around. Just so that we - and hopefully soon enough you - can continue with our investigations into the power, you know...

"Not really, like, prophetic visions, more like being... called, you know? I felt there was, like, something here and I really needed it, you know? Those kind of visions. And I guess I could try to keep other people away, but... what about, like, magic? Can I get any?"

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves, girlie."

Ah. Arch-Magus. This girl - what was your name? - and her comrade have agreed to act as... how would you say. Security guards. Keeping the other squatters away using non-suspicious non-magical means, but also keeping up a respectable squatted-factory kinda disguise, if you see how I mean. It's the ideal non-violent solution.

"Oh. That's cool, I guess. Did you get the property rights or whatever?"

"And my name is Jo, by the way. What's your name, uh... Arch-Magus?"

"Morb-no, wait. Just call me Arch-Magus. Yeah. That'll work."

How goes your investigation into the leyline? Can you harness its power?"[/color]

"Sure. Yeah. But you kinda need to reconfigure the building's layout a bit. Like, construction work and whatnot. We're gonna need cash is what I'm saying. And maybe more minions. There's only three of you, one of which is mostly absent. I think I'm gonna go out and get more people. I get the feeling we'll need them."

"Uh... what about me?"

"I mean wizard-people. Not regular people."

"Can't I be a wizard?"

"Depends. You okay with that, Halesey?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 03, 2014, 07:15:22 pm »

Willy tugs at Hungry Pete's sleeve.

"Pete, this magic isn't very, you know, magical! I want something better!"

Find more magic!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 03, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »

Willy is sickened and disappointed by the way this magic has failed to kill anyone yet. Clearly, there is a need for improvement!

"Pete, this magic isn't very, you know, magical! I want something better!"

"Yes! That is your prerogative! Harness your holy right! Cheer him on, my flock!"

The cultists begin to cheer Willy as he pulls out the pamphlet and looks at it once more. Here we go again!

[Willy's mind roll: 2+1]

The world suddenly disappears, replaced by an ocean of errant, sparkling flows of everything indefinite and undefinable. Willy is so caught up in the sudden expanse of it all, so different from the claustrophobic little cult room, that he nearly forgets to grab anything from the endless sea. In the very last moment, though, he does manage to hold on to something, and carries it the whole way back to the disappointing reality of the tiny little mini-church.

Spoiler: Willy's New Spell (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 03, 2014, 08:51:12 pm »

Larry furrows his brow, and leans over to Fatty.  "Why are we sharing power again?" he whispers, probably a bit loudly because subtlety is not his strong point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 03, 2014, 09:19:12 pm »

"Um, does it kill stuff?"

"I dunno. Try it!"

"Good idea Billy!"

Cast my new spell!

Spoiler: Willy (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 04, 2014, 02:29:21 am »

"Larry, we gotta share some power to get more power, right? And yes, Arch-Magus, that is okay with me... Since me and Larry are getting pretty acomolished, perhaps Jo could be... An acolyte?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 04, 2014, 07:06:41 am »

Larry doesn't like this new direction of introducing new contenders on the quest for ultimate power. He leans over to the fat guy, asking him a question in what is a bit too loud to be considered a proper whisper.

"Why are we sharing power again?"

"'Cause it's infinite, and givin' it to people is a great way to make 'em like ya. At least that's what my book tells me, anyway."

Halesey feels he has something to add as well.

"Larry, we gotta share some power to get more power, right? And yes, Arch-Magus, that is okay with me... Since me and Larry are getting pretty acomolished, perhaps Jo could be... an acolyte?"

"That's gonna be mostly a technicality, really, if I give her a book."

"A book?"

"To do magic with."

"Oh."

"I've got a spare one stashed over by the leyline, lemme go get it."

"'Kay."

The fat guy then turns around and goes deeper inside the confines of the fourth floor. Jo almost immediately breaks the silence.

"So... what's casting spells like? How does it feel? Are the spells already in the book, or do you get them later?"

Willy, guessing that fractal high heels may be better than a blessing of happy tuberculosis, tries his new spell on a patch of ground right next to himself.

[Willy's affinity roll: 1-->3]

He snaps his fingers at it, he glares at the patch of ground, he jumps up and down and gibbers at it, but nothing happens. Feeling cheated, Willy is about to say some choice words about this whole magic nonsense, but then he feels something happen. A tingle on his chest. He looks down and notices it shimmer, as do the others.

"What's this? Some divine manifestation?"

Before their very eyes, the shimmering area becomes a hole, starting out small but slowly becoming more of a gaping affair. Once it reaches a certain size, high-heeled shoes begin to pour out of it in considerable quantities. Rather unusual shoes, too - the heel of one shoe seems to seamlessly transition into the toe box of another, smaller shoe, and the same principle applies to this smaller shoe as well, with an endless spiral of progressively smaller footwear forming before Willy's very eyes.

"Well now, that is definitely something, I believe! Look at those shoes, ye faithful! Have you ever seen such a strange thing on earth?"

The faithful (with the exception of the long-faced woman, who is too busy obliviously smiling and occasionally coughing to notice) seem to agree that they haven't seen anything like that before.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 04, 2014, 07:16:09 am »

"Well, this isn't much better."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, it's theirs!"

"Yeah. Stupid Pete. Stupid Church. Wait, what's this church for?"

Willy turned and tapped Hungry Pete, leaning over to whisper in his ear, "Hey, Pete. What is this place?"
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 04, 2014, 07:38:43 am »

"I know, I'm sorry."

Willy turned and tapped Hungry Pete, leaning over to whisper in his ear, "Hey, Pete. What is this place?"

"This, child, is the home of the True Disciples of God and All His Angels In The Face Of The Coming Cataclysm. We seek to cleanse our destiny and prepare for the end of all things, which, if I'm not mistaken, is just around the corner!"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 04, 2014, 07:42:18 am »

"I know, I'm sorry."

"This, child, is the home of the True Disciples of God and All His Angels In The Face Of The Coming Cataclysm. We seek to cleanse our destiny and prepare for the end of all things, which, if I'm not mistaken, is just around the corner!"

"They couldn't think of a shorter name?"

"So, what's the end of all things?"
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:41 am »

"I don't know yet! The visions in my mind haven't provided a clear answer yet, but I know this - we must move our church to a new place! Prepare yourself, child, for the road will be harsh and you shall need as many blessings of God as you can get to persevere!"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 04, 2014, 07:51:02 am »

"I don't know yet! The visions in my mind haven't provided a clear answer yet, but I know this - we must move our church to a new place! Prepare yourself, child, for the road will be harsh and you shall need as many blessings of God as you can get to persevere!"

"And these blessings are a disease that takes a long time to work and a portal to infinite shoes?"

"Cut him some slack, Willy. You're both from a mental hospital."

"That was a mental hospital?"

"We've been stuck there our entire life!"

"Oh. And you tell me now? Whatever." Willy turns back to Pete. "So, where are we gonna move the church?"
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 04, 2014, 08:01:56 am »

"And these blessings are a disease that takes a long time to work and a portal to infinite shoes?"

"Those are but the beginning! Through effort, you will find powers beyond your wildest dreams! The blessings are wide and varied, and some will be more dramatic than the others, naturally!"

"So, where are we gonna move the church?"

"There is a factory on the dilapidated side of town that interests us - it is there that we must watch the old world die and the new one begin! But first you must prepare, my son!"

You notice that there seems to be one man in the crowd of worshipers coughing loudly. He looks pretty happy, though. The guy next to him looks equally pleased.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54:48 am »

Larry snorts and gives the woman a look of disdain.  Well, if he HAS to share the power...

"Well, IF the book finds you worthy, it will give you the magic it deems you're worthy of having.  Like, an incantation to clip your toenails or something."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 244