Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 161551 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 3 solves metaproblems
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2013, 02:34:57 pm »

Well, that narrows things down a lot.

Max:  Let's see...  I see you attacking NQT pretty much all of D1.  You do seem a bit worried about cops getting killed early on.  At the beginning of D2... you don't mention NQT at all, despite your high aggression toward him D1. 

But then you vote him.  With earnest:

That is why I'm voting you... I honestly think you are scum

Why the change?

Also, I'm not seeing much suspicion of Persus D2.  While why you wouldn't investigate NQT again is pretty obvious, why Persus?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

Hey all.  Still super time pressured, but things are getting better.

I think it's time to role claim for me.

I'm a Town fortune teller.

Night one I investigated Caz.  I picked him because I had trouble reading his interactions with me D1 but his interactions with others seemed reasonable (thus an unlikely early lynch) and his scumhunting rather middle ground as well as him being a newer player (a less likely night kill target than a more agressive or high reputation player).  So I thought he'd be around for a long time, as I said earlier.

I got the result changer for him, with the results of Rain, Wind, Leaf - my flavor of fortune telling uses runes.  I was told that I sat back and pondered this, and that it seems he is a changer.

I spent a LOT of time wondering this, because in past games the flavor of results have often been tuned towards the alignment of the target.  Harmless often looks harmless, malevolent often looks malevolent.  Those nature symbols look pretty peaceful to me - unless we have some sort of evil nature religion.

Several of my questions D1 sought clarity about possible other hints of a nature-based problem, (like the 'good instincts' of Persus13's claimed attacker).  Those panned out.

Night two I investigated Max White.  I picked him for similar reasons to Caz - I'm not suspicious of him, I'm having trouble reading him, and his play's middle ground... Maybe that DOESN'T mean someone's likely to be around to end game, but I still expect that trend.

I got the result of survivor for him, with the symbols Cup, Bread, and Cloth.  My character did not lean back and ponder this - this one was simple to her. These are simple things, Max White (refered to as a he in my PM) must be a survivor.

My initial analysis of these results were that he was not-Scum (maybe 3rd party), because I was looking for -nature- flavor to Scum.  His three runes are all man made objects.  I had no intentions from that result to claim.

But now Max White has claimed an investigator role - and the 'best' one there is (in my opinion) - the one that gives the clearest results possible.  I do not see how he could possibly have given me the result survivor while having an investigative role.  This has convinced me that my time to claim is now.

notquitethere:
Imp you presented no cases yesterday and then voted the vote-leader when there was no possible other alternative.

Medium lean Scum - but seems to be trying to offer self as target - if so, protecting who and why?  Caz seems likeliest target to protect.
Why would I try to protect Caz? I thought he was most likely scum. And before you ask,  I also thought Jim was most likely scum too and that's why my vote was on him.

There is no measure to my lack of time these days.  I'm doing the best I can, the fastest I can.  And I'm damn determined not to replace out or let any of my games down - that said I'm having a hard time keeping up with any of them.  However, I -am- keeping up and am very determined to do so.

I don't know why you'd protect Caz, protect in the sense of 'lynch me instead of him', which is what you appeared to be trying to do, unless you are also Scum, he is the 'leader' of the Scum team, and you believed that he had much more value than you did.  I don't know how likely that is, how it would work, or why you'd do it for any other reason.  However several of your 'weirder' actions, which I don't see why you'd do for any other reason - some of your D2 actions appear to be saying 'lynch me'.  I don't see any other reason why you'd do this than to prevent someone else's lynch - and as you point out when I place my vote - there was only one lynch choice.

However I could have used my vote however I saw fit.  If I disagreed with Caz as a suspect and wanted -you- lynched, I couldn't have voted you without creating a tie - I'd have to REALLY be sure that Caz was Town to want to do that - but I could have presented my case as to why Caz should not be voted, why you should be lynched, and why I was not voting to avoid the tie.

If I thought anyone else should have been the lynch - I could have voted for them.  They wouldn't be the lynch, Caz still would be.  But my vote and all that my vote means would have been where it should be.

Nice to see that my analysis was vindicated— I said Caz was scum and he was.

I call bs, because of your final post D2:

CAZ Are you really going to lie over or are you going to get in here and post? You better not be town because if you are I'll be seriously disappointed in you.

Your next to last post D2 fails to support your statement too:

SCUM
Jim - was previously very townish but now pursuing a case that he has twice undermined with his own lies and hypocrisy
Max - Tunnelling the same player two days in a row, the second time sheeping someone else's weak case
Caz - Parking his RVS vote on Nerjin leading to the latter's lynch
Nerjin - Doing nothing all day 2 after being resurrected as a possible bad dude
Tiruin - Has tunneled Caz almost the entire game. Has she no other suspicions?
Imp - Has yet to press a lynch case as we're nearing the end of the day despite being generally active
Cmega - Mostly comes across as inexperienced but has done nothing all day
Persus - Wishy-washy with his use of the vote (why vote Caz certain he's scum and then immediately vote someone else?)
Toony - Low early-game engagement (probably excusable due to time commitments), but fair engagement since
Toaster - Pretty reasonable play so far, though Kleril said some dubious things
NQT - The Raddest Priest In Town
TOWN

So if you were SURE Caz is Scum, then you're even more sure that Jim and Max are Scum, huh?

Imp— you've paid attention to previous Supernatural games. What scenario best fits given that we know there's a cult?
I need to think that over more.  I will be, as time allows.

Tiruin:
Imp: NQT did claim Priest here. I don't think Priests can protect (basing on the quote he's quoting of you).

Wrong meaning for 'protect'.  I'm not talking about a night action, I'm talking about his posts in day play - he was playing in a way that to me looks like saying "lynch me".  I don't mean he stuck up for Caz, chainsaw-attacked Caz's attackers - I mean he did the 'wounded bird thing' that certain bird species do if you get too close to their nest - I believe he acted 'wrong' to try and draw the lynch.  Why?  The only reason I can see is to draw attention away from another place, or other places.  The most likely was the lynch lead - but I don't know.

about Max White:

He has claimed to inspect notquitethere and get benign, to inspect Persus13 and get malevolent.

Notquitethere has opened the day with a vote on Max White, for reasons he stated near the end of D2.

If we lynch Persus13 D3 and get a Town result, then we obviously lynch Max D4 - I assume we get a Scum result?

Then we decide if we want to lynch notquitethere or not.  It's already D5 at that point.

We had two night kills last night.  Neither are kills of high powered active people.  Is there any chance we're dealing with a conversion cult?  I... I don't think so.  But just in case, I lean towards lynching notquitethere first at this point.  There's something -weird- about this set up and especially weird about notquitethere's behavior.  I'm going to think more about it and I'm talking about it so everyone else can think about it too.  I don't think notquitethere 'usually' makes this many contradictions in his play and I'm burning my mind trying to understand why he is now.

Meph Wait - do we KNOW Cmega3 is dead?  Or just 'disappeared'?

Extend.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 14, 2013, 02:47:05 pm »

He's dead. Supernatural doesn't have any abduction roles.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 14, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »

Meph:  Did you mod-kill Cmega3?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 14, 2013, 03:46:27 pm »

Meph:  Did you mod-kill Cmega3?

No. A Mod-Kill would have been announced as such.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 14, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »

What do witches do again in this exactly?  The OP is vague.

I feel Tiruin is more town than Toaster in voting Caz.  Because Toaster likes to bus his buddies.  But regardless I have to agree for now.

Nerjin was probably killed by this Monster Hunter we have while Cmega is probably the mafia kill.

@NQT:
Toony— it's not impossible that Max is town and Persus is third-party, but that doesn't strike me as likely from the vote patterns. When you've got time so proper input on this would be good.
Unless Max can explain himself with Imp's claim now I think it's Max that's lying.  He has two claims against his one.  That would be probably the entire scum team outing themselves if that were true.

So vote Max White for now.

General reads of everybody alive:

TOWN
Notquitethere - Max White has a benign read on him and he led a case on Caz who was scum (if it's a NQT and Max team I'd have to tip my hat at this ridiculous ploy)
Tiruin - caught Caz lying and never let go of their case on them
Toaster - similar to Tiruin, but Toaster has a meta-read of bussing partners
Imp - seems genuinely helpful, has possibly contradictory argument against Max White
Jim Groove - only real force left against NQT, unless they can lead a convincing case I don't see it
Persus13 - the lack of any other kills N1 besides the attack on Persus13 implies that somebody (probably a hunter) tried to kill him, hunter can't be mafia and there were no other kills so his alignment should be held under scrutiny really.  Also, if we believe Max then he is malevolent.
Max White - two cases against him, unless he can explain himself I don't mind seeing him lynched
MAFIA

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:36 pm »

Toonyman:
What do witches do again in this exactly?  The OP is vague.

We have seen two types of witches in this game, and I slightly suspect Cmega was the lone variety.

S3 saw a lone witch with a type of investigative power -

Archangel (town)
 You are a Lone Witch, the last practitioner of an ancient religion. Though you are not evil, you are forced to practice your arts in secret. But despite their superstitious distrust, you will still fight to save the town.

Once per game you can go to someone’s house and place a Watchful Ward upon then. This Ward will tell you who visits that house and if the owner leaves (and returns), though not where they go. The Ward will persist for the entire game.

Once the ward is placed, you can scry them without leaving your house.

If Cmega3 didn't use his one-shot power N1 (why not?  I have no idea) then he might have used it N2.  He would have had to go outside to place the ward (his door would be unlocked until he got back home) and since his door was unlocked and his home undisturbed, he may have died outside of his home, with that as a reason why he was outside his home.

S3's lone witch is the only lone witch we've seen yet - it is not clear if that ward is the only power a lone witch might have, or if all lone witches must go outside to use a power.

S4 and S5 both had a pair of mason-style witches.  In S4 both were apparently given the same initial role PM:

----------
Coven of the Ancient Ways
----------
Pandarsenic, Vector: The two of you are the last of an ancient religion. You meet secretly to practice this religion, and you provide support and aid to one another. Right now, you’re the only two townsfolk who can truly trust one another. While your religion contains many rites for fertility and general health, it has little to aid against creatures of the night. You’ll have to rely on your wits to help the town.

However, you do have one weapon in your arsenal. You have a coded language and set of gestures that you can use to speak privately with one another.

Vector was replaced by NUKE9.13 and that role was converted to Vampire - but both started as confirmed Town to each other.

S5 saw both witches apparently get the same role PM too:

------------------
Coven
----------------

The two of you practice an ancient and forbidden religion. While it gives you no special powers, you do have a secret language that allows the two of you to communicate with one another without others being able to notice.

Urist Imiknorris (town)
    Coven Witch

NativeForeigner (town)
    Coven Witch

This role PM bugs me because it doesn't make it very clear to me that both are town (unless both players names were listed in the PM like that).  That concern was not discussed in their private chat (which was barely used and mostly just expresses frustration at how the game is progressing).

Notquitethere - Max White has a benign read on him and he led a case on Caz who was scum (if it's a NQT and Max team I'd have to tip my hat at this ridiculous ploy)

You're saying that NQT has lead a case on Caz?  Where?  I need quotes.  I can't find this.  Even if you realize you misunderstood something, I want to see your train of thought: what you looked at, what you thought, what you looked at next, what you thought next.  This is what I see regarding 'leading a case on Caz' from NQT:

NQT has voted for Caz twice:  Once was very early, and clearly and RVS:

Caz Do you cave easily under pressure?
Yes. You've given me palpitations.

Caz's day end lynch vote on Nerjin was an RVS vote!

NQT's said a few other things about Caz, but absolutely nothing that I even slightly consider close to 'leading a vote against Caz'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 14, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

As you debate, the guard captain comes in.

"We investigated Nerjin and Cmega3's houses last night. Nerjin we found dead in his room, a long slash going down his entire back the obvious cause of death. Of Cmega3 there was no sign, although his door was unlocked."

Meph:

As we debate, is it possible to ask for the guards to search around all of our houses/in them for Cmega's body?  If Cmega didn't die at home, he died somewhere else, if his body's not at his home it may be in or around another player's home.  I'd love to know if that body's close to someone's house and what condition it is in if that is a reasonable request.  (if it's not - hey, we all know Imp loves to go out on limbs in this game).

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »

As you debate, the guard captain comes in.

"We investigated Nerjin and Cmega3's houses last night. Nerjin we found dead in his room, a long slash going down his entire back the obvious cause of death. Of Cmega3 there was no sign, although his door was unlocked."

Meph:

As we debate, is it possible to ask for the guards to search around all of our houses/in them for Cmega's body?  If Cmega didn't die at home, he died somewhere else, if his body's not at his home it may be in or around another player's home.  I'd love to know if that body's close to someone's house and what condition it is in if that is a reasonable request.  (if it's not - hey, we all know Imp loves to go out on limbs in this game).

You have been given all the information that will be given.
Come play Mafia with us!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 14, 2013, 05:32:26 pm »

Uh posting from phone right now so can't quote etc. but thought I should quickly nip this nonsense in the bud, Imp. I did my vote analysis and came to the conclusion that Caz was top scum pick. He'd have been my Day 2 pick were it not for two things: Jim appeared to openly lie about me, which I couldn't in good faith ignore, and I realised that Caz's Nerjin vote was later backed up with some (weak) arguments, meaning he'd voted two targets, which made Max more scummy by this metric. End of Day 2 I pegged the scumteam as Caz-Max-Jim. A lot of new information has come to light and I still need to process it all before making fresh conclusions. We clear now? I'm not behaving weirdly or asking to be lynched and you setting me up as a later lynch is incredibly suspicious.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 14, 2013, 05:33:52 pm »

General advice: Read or at least check out the flavor from Supernatural 2, the only other time a cult has been the scum team.
In S2, those killed mysteriously disappeared and were revealed at the end of the game to have been stunned then dragged off and sacrificed. I think it is safe to say that is what happened to Cmega.
I also think whatever killed Nerjin was the same that attacked me from the kill.

Can cult's kill as well as convert?
No. In S2 they were basic Mafia.

Cmega might have been a Lone Witch, but more likely he has a covenbuddy who may or may not be scum. Anyone want to come forward? My bet, from the vote record, is it's Imp or Jim.
Hmm. This would explain Jim's suspicions of me D1.

But I'm reading up on why people would mention a cult in the first place. Is this..some kind of foreshadowing or just guessing out? WIFOM territory, perhaps, but I'm looking back into the game to check on where the roots come from.
I believe I was one of the first to discuss it as a possibility for the attack on me. Also, cult isn't exactly surprising to me since unlike werewolves and vampires it has only appeared in a game once.

Well my turn to claim today. I'm a Seer, capable of detecting if a player is benign or malevolent. I'm not exactly sure how that works for third parties though...

Last night I found Persus13 to be malevolent.
I love the fact that you're fakeclaiming to kill the one guy you can't NK. That's a very neat scum strategy.

Persus: Details.
On what?

What I do know is that he inspected as scum. If you want to know his actual role, the easiest way is with a vote.
Max-Persus is scum! What? People aren't voting Persus! I know! Have you ever wanted to know Persus's role? Well, vote him to find out!

Anyway as far as flavor I look into basin of water, see an image of you and can tell your aligment from your aurora. There isn't much more to it.
Okay, that was a really dumb slip-up. The correct term is aura. Aurora refers to Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights. Now, I don't know about you, but when I gave details on my Role PM I had it open in a separate tab and was reading it thoroughly to make sure I didn't miss anything from the flavor. THis makes it sound like you didn't do that. Maybe because you didn't get a PM?

You are right, tonight chances are unless we get a lucky redirect or have a protect, and I sure hope we do, then I die, but that doesn't mean just lynching me is the best way to test that claim. There is still the chance to survive the night and come back with another inspect.
If you lynch me today then the town spends two days lynching for us both, while lynching Persus results in one lynch for us both either way.
This makes 0 sense.

Right now a fake claim doesn't make sense in regards to numbers. Assuming we had three scum players, the standard for an eleven person game, that would leave 2 to 6 right now. A fake claim brings that down to 1 to 5, and with a vig out there that is pretty bad odds for scum.
But vig killing town makes it easier for you.

Also if I were scum, why would I want to lynch the one player who wouldn't have a night action against me? There are plenty of other players that might have useful abilities, but if they know Persus is a knight the ability is useless as they won't attack him. If he were a town knight he was the second worthless ability in the game after yours.
Because you know I'm town and unless I'm lying, which I have no concievable reason to do so unless I wasn't town, then I can't be night-killed.

Persus what'll you do if Max flips seer? Thinking about it a bit more there's not really a good reason for him to sacrifice himself over this, so... do you want to come clean? If your goals don't contradict town's there's no particular reason to lynch you when there are stronger targets.
I'll come clean, here I'll confess my role and team:
I am a Knight, sworn to protect town, and willing to die to protect town.
I don't care if Max flips seer, if he flips scum or not is what I care about. And I don't think there is a concievable reason why Town Max would fakeclaim to kill me.

Imp— you've paid attention to previous Supernatural games. What scenario best fits given that we know there's a cult?
Mind if I cut in on this?
In S2, cult deaths were reported as mysterious disappearances. It was revealed after the game ended that the cult had supernatural stealth powers, and snuck up to and stunned people with cudgels and/or net traps, then dragged them off to an altar and sacrificed them to their god with magic daggers, then buried them somewhere out of sight. This makes me think that Cmega3 died from cult, and the masked swordsman that attacked me was a monster hunter.

We had two night kills last night.  Neither are kills of high powered active people.  Is there any chance we're dealing with a conversion cult?  I... I don't think so.  But just in case, I lean towards lynching notquitethere first at this point.  There's something -weird- about this set up and especially weird about notquitethere's behavior.  I'm going to think more about it and I'm talking about it so everyone else can think about it too.  I don't think notquitethere 'usually' makes this many contradictions in his play and I'm burning my mind trying to understand why he is now.
Please tell us what's wrong with NQT's behavior, and why you suspect him to be scum.
Also, fortuneteller seems like a not very useful role. Changer seems more reflective of Caz's priest role (changing someone from dead to living) then being scum. Survivor seems more reflective of scum to me. Scum want to survive to the end of the game and be the only ones remaining.

I slightly suspect Cmega was the lone variety.
Can you elaborate?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Night 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #476 on: November 14, 2013, 05:38:53 pm »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 14, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »

Doh, that previous post was meant to conclude this one.  Oh well:

notquitethere:
Really, there's nothing stopping you being a scum seer that is telling the truth about Persus being malicious. You're right that it wouldn't make much sense to sacrifice yourself just to kill a knight, but maybe there's something going on here. It makes most sense if Persus is genuinely malicious. What malicious third parties are there? I'll have to look at Persus and Caz's interactions now.

Tentative hypothesis:  'Scum Seer' is a really odd role that might have very hard to interpret results, for the player who had it.

We have only had two Seers so far, both Town in S3:

JanusTwoface (town)
 You are a renowned Seer, graced by the gods with the ability to see into the souls of men. Each night you can cast your Sight onto another player to see if they are Benign or Malevolent.

You need not leave your house to use this power.

and in S5:

Powder Miner (town)
    You are blessed by the gods with the powers of a Seer. Each Night you can look into the soul of another and see if they are Benign or Malevolent towards you and the good people of the town.

I like S5's better - it makes it clear -who- the benign/malevolent result is towards (which again, if that was towards Scum.... practically every non-Scum player is malevolent towards Scum I think?)

What would benign or malevolent mean to Scum?  I tentatively assume that they'd get either the same results that Town would get (odd given that Town wants to kill Scum - from that player's perspective, that's NOT benign) or they'd get a result based on that player's alignment regarding Scum - the only benigns they're likely to see (since they have NO REASON to investigate other known Scum) is to check on a possible third party role - some, like survivors, might not look malevolent to Scum since they don't need to kill Scum - just about everyone else would probably look malevolent to Scum.

What malicious third parties are there?

We don't know, because there's very little evidence of how a Seer sees.  S3 had a Town Sexton show a benign aura and a Vampire Lord show a malevolent aura.

S5 had... no Seer inspect N1 (Why!) and a Town priest inspect N2 (benign).  N3 is interesting!  Inspect on an (other) Wererat - he came out benign.

I believe Demon must be malicious, Devil possibly is.  Can't think of any others known that would be malevolent -

Additionally S3 had a Fortune Teller inspect a Seer on N1 - result was Watcher.  I completely disbelieve Max White's claim, because I got Survivor from him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 14, 2013, 05:50:03 pm »

You're saying that NQT has lead a case on Caz?  Where?  I need quotes.  I can't find this.  Even if you realize you misunderstood something, I want to see your train of thought: what you looked at, what you thought, what you looked at next, what you thought next.  This is what I see regarding 'leading a case on Caz' from NQT:
Okay, has generally been suspicious of Caz, enough to to be in their top 3 scum picks.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 14, 2013, 06:16:11 pm »

I slightly suspect Cmega was the lone variety.
Can you elaborate?

I did here:

If Cmega3 didn't use his one-shot power N1 (why not?  I have no idea) then he might have used it N2.  He would have had to go outside to place the ward (his door would be unlocked until he got back home) and since his door was unlocked and his home undisturbed, he may have died outside of his home, with that as a reason why he was outside his home.
S3's lone witch is the only lone witch we've seen yet - it is not clear if that ward is the only power a lone witch might have, or if all lone witches must go outside to use a power.

I was thinking, why would his door be unlocked?  There's no description of any sort of struggle.  Who would he open his door for?

I guess it's possible that mason witches leave their homes to meet and talk in the private chat - but I don't think so because they are allowed to use their chat night and day.  Then again, secret signs are mentioned, which might allow for day talk amongst us, but night talk requiring going to meet somewhere - that is not ruled out, I agree.

The home of S2's N1 kill was shocking for the presence of gnawed bones, but the home itself said nothing if the kill was peaceful or not, if the home was unlocked or not, or anything (N1 kill was a ghoul, died outside of the house while out getting the D1 lynch's body to eat)

N2's kill has a possible relevant clue, but that's a clue about the victim, not the killer:

Looking around you, you notice that Mr.Person has not joined you. So, once again, you head off to inspect his house.

You find it empty. The door is locked, but opened in a fairly simple if destructive manner. Inside you find sparse furnishing. The only ornate object is a medal hanging from a peg near the wall, showing that Mr.Person had served long as one of the town’s Guards.

So the door had been locked - suggesting the victim had stayed home that night.  In fact, the victim had died while guarding someone - the victim's role PM made that clear.  Perhaps the victim left the house locked while he was out guarding and the killers broke it open to find him, then looked later  (maybe I shouldn't count to much into these details... maybe they're not usually consistent - N4's 'home invasion' left an undamaged door).

N3's kill:

Those of you who are left gather in the square again. JanusTwoFace, however, is not among you.

Concerned, you head off to his house. You find his front door open, and his hat lying in the dirt. It seems he, like the others, is simply gone.

He was a wizard, his death PM had him getting attacked right after going outside with the intention of placing a protection.  But his door wasn't locked (and in fact was open) - a clue that the victim had gone outside.

N4's kill:

You gather again. Few of you left, now. And IronyOwl is not among you.

With grim looks at one another you head off to his house. The door is open, but there is no sign of him. Inside his study you find his chair knocked over and scrolls scattered about. A struggle, perhaps? Or a hurried exit.

He was a sage, he was taken from inside his home.  However his door was open and left open (killers picked the lock?  Door wasn't locked?).  But there WAS a sign of a struggle.

This review weakens my supposition that Cmega3 had left his house to do something (which a lone witch had reason to do in a past game, but the mason witches did not - indeed had no powers to use at all other than their chat and knowing each started as Town) - because it is possible that he was taken from home, without signs of a struggle.  But that's why I thought it was likely that Cmega3 had chosen to go outside(and thus was a lone witch with a power), and had been taken while outside - because I interpret mason witches to not go out at night and there's no sign of a struggle or a broken lock.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 56