Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: [Community Mod 44.12] Teh LOLmod 1.7.61  (Read 82769 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 43.05] Teh LOLmod 1.7.23 ~ Presidential Election Edition
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2016, 09:20:55 am »

What would those appropriate files be? Also, can it be beaten? While hard creatures can be added, impossible ones are frowned upon.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2016, 09:45:56 am »

What would those appropriate files be? Also, can it be beaten? While hard creatures can be added, impossible ones are frowned upon.
the appropriate files would be the creature in a creature file(your choice whether it's the LoLmod one or a new one, in this case and the following.) the bodies in a body file, the entity in a entity file, and the interaction in a interaction file. Oh, yes it can be beaten. When I tested it against a Bronze Colossus the colossus won, also when I tested it against 40 adamantine full-plate wearing dwarves with grand master in all skills, it only took one casuality. granted I didn't test it against lesser things in vanilla, but when I tested it for Dwarf 4tress from scratch(where I first used it. although in there it's only copper) it ripped through capitalists like they were butter. unless they were right next to it, in which case it just kept punching them until they killed it. if you aren't right next to it, and don't have perfect armor, and skills, or a metal body, you'll probably die in a hailstorm of bullets.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2016, 11:46:12 am »

I noticed a few things, there's a couple of typos in the creature file, specifically creature_class:extradimensional and general_poison.

Also, this seems to be on a megabeasts power level, but there's a whole civ of them. With some tags added in, they could be made into a megabeast that sneaks around the fort, stealing and messing with things without needing a civ. With the civ, there'd be situations like half a dozen of them jumping you at once in adventure mode. If it was shifted to a megabeast you'd want to remove the crazed tag though. It'll be aggressive enough without it, and with it it will try to eradicate the whole world.

Also, they are very small, I'm not sure if that's intentional.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 12:01:23 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 05, 2016, 09:22:17 am »

I noticed a few things, there's a couple of typos in the creature file, specifically creature_class:extradimensional and general_poison.
I didn't notice the extradimensional, but what's wrong with general_poison? This creature isn't supposed to have it.
Also, this seems to be on a megabeasts power level, but there's a whole civ of them. With some tags added in, they could be made into a megabeast that sneaks around the fort, stealing and messing with things without needing a civ. With the civ, there'd be situations like half a dozen of them jumping you at once in adventure mode. If it was shifted to a megabeast you'd want to remove the crazed tag though. It'll be aggressive enough without it, and with it it will try to eradicate the whole world.
only the gunners are megabeast level difficult. the non-gunners are relatively easy to kill. how do I get a megabeast that sneaks around the fort, and steal stuff? and does that sneaking involve not being seen? besides,have you ever seen half a dozen kobolds jump out at you?  with 6 hellacopters jumping out at you, there'd be about 3 gunners. with 3 gunners, you're only slightly more likely to die when you have three, than one.
do megabeasts leave forts of their own free will? because I think these guys will. if I'm right, It just a matter of weathering out the storm.
Also, they are very small, I'm not sure if that's intentional.
They are intended to be small. they are tiny little kobold-sized creatures. ones that despite the size might break every bone in your body.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2016, 10:19:39 am »

I think you'd need  MISCHIEVOUS and maybe AMBUSHPREDATOR, but I don't have time to really test it right now. If you don't want it to have CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON, it's safe to delete.

This sounds like an interesting idea. What if the gunners were made into a separate creature, while the others were made less powerful and make up the civ?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 04:51:28 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2016, 05:05:02 pm »

That does sound more balanced, however it is still up to the creator to decide.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2016, 01:23:40 pm »

I think you'd need  MISCHIEVOUS and maybe AMBUSHPREDATOR, but I don't have time to really test it right now. If you don't want it to have CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON, it's safe to delete.

This sounds like an interesting idea. What if the gunners were made into a separate creature, while the others were made less powerful and make up the civ?
how about if they just have a POP_RATIO that makes gunners rarer? I really like the idea of a swarm of hellacopters attacking places, they are demons after all. why should only demons recently released from the underworld have the fun of swarming?

I just thought of adding Trojan horses.
here replace the forumites with the following spoilered stuff.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and add this spoilered to creature_lolmod
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
now about 1 in 100 forumites will be 'trojans' and will later turn into a giant trojan horse megabeast.
the trojan castes don't have any noticable difference between them and regular forumites, except their tears will cause them to become the Trojan megabeast and wreak havoc, in 1-3 months or a year(to be clear, they act normally for the amount of time, then become the Trojan permanently and attack). if they never cry they will never wreak havoc. unfortunatly it appears that their tears can activate other non-crying trojans.
if you want you can make it possible to realize ahead of time that they are Trojans, you can either make them cry all the time, or make a reaction that creates a gas that only affects trojans, showing them as a trojan(maybe make ita %40 chance of showing it, so you can't know for sure whether that  they are not a trojan, or maybe just haven't been lucky.)?
(if the t is small I'm referring to the forumite caste, if the T is capitalized I'm referring to the megabeast)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »

I do like the idea of some of the forumites being danger in disguise. However I do agree that there msut be a way for the player to have a way to realize that a given forumite might be a trojan, though not with a 100% certainty rate.

I am worried about the balancing regarding it though. Would 1 in a 100 not make it too frequent? Maybe make it 1 in 500 or even 1 in 1000? If it were rare then we wouldn't have to worry about it being too strong either and can in fact buff it a bit. Otherwise if you still want to keep the frequency often, then they most definitely will have to be balanced. One way of thinking whether it's balanced is to ask yourself, if your fort is in very deep trouble and suddenly one of your forumites turned out to be a trojan, would that spell the end of you? It shouldn't.

On another note, I know I made it so a version ago that necrothreaders can only revive beings with an attached torso. So no more undead arms and legs. I've decided that that in itself is no good as it takes away a bit of the mod. Is there any way to make it so that heads, arms, legs and similar can be revivable, but not teeth, toes or anything below a denominator to the equivalent of an arm to the elbow size? (So arms with hands and and a forearm to the elbow can be revived as undead, but a forearm or a hand by themselves cannot. Apply this logic to other body parts)
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2016, 03:31:03 pm »

What's wrong with undead hands?

My mods and forum games.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »

Too many undead things coming from just one corpse. You'd start with 1 completely normal forumite and as you keep butchering him and he keeps being revived, he'd be split into dozens of parts. Now remember that this is for dozens of undead and you have yourself a mess.

Like that one time I was testing out the balance issues for the necrothreaders and noticed an undead tooth...
Founder of Teh LOLmod

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 11, 2016, 09:46:14 am »

if hellacopters are too difficult, you can make them "INORGANIC:COPPER" instead of "INORGANIC:IRON"
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 21, 2016, 11:48:16 am »

I'm planning to release the newest version soon so I have been doing some testing. The railguns fare magnificently against the necrothreaders in such a way that I am content with the balance, while not making it significantly easier than before.

The hellacopters are in the same category of difficulty so they can be added as they are. The only worry I might have is whether they're tolerable in adventure mode. I only need your confirmation, Pikachu17, to know whether you want to add anything else to them (like the MISCHIEVOUS and AMBUSHPREDATOR tags Enemy post recommended). As for the trojan horses, I need your answer regarding the post I made a few posts back on balancing them.

Another thing I would like to ask is of Enemy post. Could you check the lolcats and doges whether they're functioning properly? I faintly recall them being fairly rare in fortress mode, which isn't the intention. The same could be said for a large array of creatures in the mod, though I can't be very certain on it.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 21, 2016, 12:28:58 pm »

I can look at them later. Are they just meant to be reskinned dogs and cats?
My mods and forum games.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2016, 01:02:11 pm »

I think so. They're pretty much in for the comedy factor.
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2016, 01:09:21 pm »

That sounds easy enough. I've found that aluminum works well as a mechanical creatures body. You can't punch it apart, but weapons can often cut it and animals can hurt it.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26