Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1092295 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Preparing for the first mission)
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:21 am »

(504s and then a busy day)
-
"It is familiar, but I saw it burned to the ground and there are bad memories with it. I would prefer my cave. No one mistreated me there." Eria stare at the figure "So then, Why am I here? You must have a reason since no one would want me around otherwise."
-
Standard, dojo
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2013, 04:28:56 am »

NAME: ALAN RICKTERSVINKSONTERNIKBIK
APPEARANCE: HE'S A CHUBBY GUY WITH STRAWBERRY BLONDE HAIR, A VERY SCRAGGLY BEARD, AND THREE PAIRS OF SUNGLASSES. HE'S WEARING A TRENCH COAT, OVERALLS, AND A PATCHWORK T-SHIRT MADE UP OF MULTIPLE OTHER T-SHIRTS. HE SMELLS VERY BAD.
POWER: THIS MAGNIFICENT MAN CAN FIRE A STREAM OF ANY HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES THAT HE CONCENTRATES ON OUT OF HIS HANDS, AS WELL AS KNOWING HOW TO USE THOSE ITEMS FOR JUST ABOUT ANY PURPOSE.
HOW HE GOT THIS POWER: HE SOMEHOW GOT STUCK IN A DVD STORE FILLED WITH ONLY SELF HELP DVDS FOR 7 YEARS. BY THE TIME HE GOT OUT, HE'D WATCHED SO MANY HE HAD SUPERPOWERS SOMEHOW.
UNFORTUNATELY, HE IS VERY UNFIT. TO PUT IT BLUNTLY, HE'S FAT AND LAZY AND ARROGANT. ALSO A MANCHILD WHO OCCASIONALLY EMOTIONALLY BREAKS DOWN AND STARTS CRYING FOR NO REASON AT ALL. HE EASES HIS TEARS WITH ICE CREAM, EXACERBATING HIS FATNESS IN THE PROCESS.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2013, 05:09:54 am »

Focus. Consider birds. And trees. And rivers. And birdrivers and treebirds, possibly even a treeriver of some kind, filled with rivertrees and riverbirds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2013, 09:39:44 am »

"Hahaha, of course a name doesn't describe you well! That's not what names are for! Names are nothing more than a reference. a pointer. A communication tool, letting one being inform another being of which being they're referring too. A name has no meaning in of itself, the real meaning in it is generated by the entity being referenced, not by the speaker."
"A rose by any other name would smell just as sweetly, you know. Also, who are you talking to?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:24 am »

For those of you wondering, GreatWyrmGold, DarkArtemisFowl, Harry Baldman and Fniff have their characters in the Staging Area. The rest are in their personal areas. Perhaps I should had made that clearer. Check the part of the post labeled The Staging Area.

@Xantalos: I like your character. Also, "Caps lock is your key to victory!" Will process your character later, but you can consider yourself in. Vote on gametype if you want. EDIT: Oh, and congrats for the job.

Busy now, turn later.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:25:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 02:07:59 pm »

((Damn you 504))

John looks around.  "Who are you?  Where am I?  What do you mean, 'human'?"

Await response.  If no response, check that rock slab.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

((Hmm.
Uh.
I dunno honestly.
Thanks though!))
Sig! Onol

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2013, 06:39:41 pm »

Jordan didn't have the patience for wonderful things. Sure, imagining stuff into existence would be fun for anyone who wasn't Jordan, but really it just seemed like a waste of effort compared to just giving him what he needed, which this was an obviously convulted excuse for. And when was he getting paid, precisely? He was already having doubts that this job was for him. All he needed now was someone trying to kill him or mindwipe him when he quit. He didn't go for those kind of jobs, so he noted specifically in his contract that he didn't accept a "bullet to the head pension plan". He sighed again, and then finally thought of something he could use right now.
Think of a display case of guns. Take them out and examine them to make sure they're in working order, and properly made just to make sure this imagination creation thing wasn't skimping out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird season)
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »

Okay then, looks like we're going with Assault. Now's your chance to suggest some element you would like to see in the mission.

Like I said last turn, I put this feature in so that characters with powers that require certain things to work could get a chance to make sure those things are in the next mission.

So if there's something you would like to specify about the next mission, say so now. Simple suggestions like Steampunk, Futuristic, Underwater, Stealth, City, Pirates, what you'd prefer the objective to be, etc. Don't write me an entire mission description.

I'm pushing you all into the Staging Area next turn so that we can begin the mission.

Irene
"Hahaha, of course a name doesn't describe you well! That's not what names are for! Names are nothing more than a reference. a pointer. A communication tool, letting one being inform another being of which being they're referring too. A name has no meaning in of itself, the real meaning in it is generated by the entity being referenced, not by the speaker. I agree, normal names are nothing compared to True Names, but when you're limited to a single physical organism a normal name really is all you can handle."
Continue to advance to where I'm hearing Stellar from.
"besides, there's value in naming. It emphasizes individuality, and fosters free will. By giving someone a name of their own, something to make them unique, you let them know that they're important, that what they do matters, that they cannot be truly replaced. It helps individuals stay individual, reinforcing the basic foundation of free will itself."
stop and close my eyes for a few moments.
"Please, you've asked me to trust you so very much, could you trust me a little too? I know I've got some bad news ahead of me, but...
Please? I'm scared, and I want a friend."

open my eyes again and look around.
((Well, you're near the edge of the Lake and the avatar the entity has chosen is standing there above the water, so I'm going to assume you just moved right at the edge for the sake of not delaying your action. Hope you don't mind.))

The water-lady in front of you looks up in surprise at your laughing. Well, as surprised as a faceless humanoid made of water can look.
She watches you intently as you continue speaking and approaching.
A few moments of silence pass after you finish speaking.
"Trust... is a hard thing for us to give, especially here. Even among friends."
She hesitantly raises her arm to touch your cheek.
"But you have nothing to worry about. You will have my friendship. For as long as you need it."

Strangely, her hand doesn't feel wet and cold but soft like flesh and warm, almost hot.
"Just do your best and I promise I will get you out of here. I will find you a new home."
She lowers her hand, a ripple extending from her face to the rest of her body.
"We can talk more later. Now you must go. Don't worry, you won't see me but I'll be with you."

Eria
"It is familiar, but I saw it burned to the ground and there are bad memories with it. I would prefer my cave. No one mistreated me there." Eria stare at the figure "So then, Why am I here? You must have a reason since no one would want me around otherwise."
"You underestimate yourself." As she speaks the tent around you changes into a cave. "You will be very useful. Now, step outside, the others are waiting." She uses a burst of green sparks to highlight a leather flap covering a hole in the rock wall.

John Lancaster
John looks around.  "Who are you?  Where am I?  What do you mean, 'human'?"
Await response.  If no response, check that rock slab.
"Personal identification already provided refine query."
"Location designation Staging Area personal subsection."
"Human appellation based on biological data."
"Human final warning proceed outside for briefing."

While you were talking, a man stepped out of the glowing rock slab. And then the dark void turned into some strange treeriverbird nightmare right out of a surrealist painting. Well, that's a thing.

ALAN RICKTERSVINKSONTERNIKBIK
<Character>
You wake up.

You're flying through a dark void filled with all manners of ice cream and appliances, melting together and reforming, dark tentacles taking pieces of the scenery and rearranging it. You're approaching a large purple ring.
"The chubby one
has finely come
He is delayed
and kinda crazed
but I don't care 'cause that's my kind of style.
Now you will fight
for our delight
but first you'll meet
the other fresh meat
and you'll hear the other speak and learn your plight."
you hear a deep, grating voice reciting giddily.
The voice breaks down into a laugh that reminds you of a hyena.

((Just throwing you to the Staging Area and introducing you to your entity, since we'll begin the briefing next turn anyway.))

The Staging Area: Angel Carlson, Ike Watkins, Zechariah Dimikaelo, Jordan Svenson
A purple ring appears in the circle of portals.
Angel concentrates on making the void a light void, instead. Then she tries to imagine another her, and finally a portal to some other world.
Angel manages to change the dark void into a gray void. Eh, close enough. She also manages to summon a copy of her, but it looks more like a statue or mannequin, just standing there, unmoving except for breathing, a mocking grin stuck in her face. The attempt at the portal just brings the spiral slide closer.
"Hmmm... A child. Powerful. Inquisitive. Corrupted. Interesting. Although I would prefer it if we didn't have any children here."
"Come oon. She will be fun! I want to have someone to play with. And the rules allow it!"
*sigh* "Whatever. Abomination. Anyway, no summoning sentient copies. You can give her simple commands to obey, but that's it."
Focus. Consider birds. And trees. And rivers. And birdrivers and treebirds, possibly even a treeriver of some kind, filled with rivertrees and riverbirds.
The gray void above, below and besides you fills with strange things. Trees with feathers instead of leaves and beaks instead of fruit. Streams made of trees melting and changing shape. Birds with wings that end in white branches instead of feathers, migrating in large streams, like rivers. And in the center of it all, a huge roaring river floating above you, filled with all manners and combinations of trees and birds, melting, reforming and constantly changing state and shape.
"Wow mate, he told you to make yourself comfortable, not turn this into some kind of... I don't even know WHAT this is."
*sigh* "Whatever happened to good old fashioned cafeterias and pizzerias?  Or at least a nice ominous dark chamber."
"He's probably just testing the limits of this place."
"Or he is simply very unfocused."
"Either way my silver friend
I'd like to say this twisted fiend
really admires his style."

((I'm now considering rolling for sanity damage.))
Think of a display case of guns. Take them out and examine them to make sure they're in working order, and properly made just to make sure this imagination creation thing wasn't skimping out.
A display case with all manners of guns, from muskets to modern guns appears in front of you, growing out of the back of a treebird that is currently using its beak to clear its leafs. You pick up a scoped M4 carbine and check the magazine. Loaded. You put the magazine back in and run your action to put a round in the chamber.
"That's my man. Good to see you have the right priorities."
"I think he just wants to hunt. It IS treebird season after all."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:21:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »

"Aw..." Angel thinks.
"I'll call you Nimue. Nimue, watch me and remember the kind of stuff I do."
Angel starts going to the other people and hugging them.

((I'd like to see NPCs playing a variety of potentially important roles.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:28 pm »

Imagine a world like... like Haextov's world. A future version of Earth, lush with trees and vegetation. Set in the mountains, with a waterfall and a basin area, stone and wooden buildings covering the entire area...

And suddenly I am hugged by Angel.

"Why... thank you, um.. what's your name?"

((An objective, an objective... The Crystal.  Contained in the metaphorical "heart" of whatever challenges we face. ))

((Seriously, I'm out of ideas here. I was really hoping for Arena, but this is all I could manifest. Please do add more if you could.))
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:47:45 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2013, 10:42:06 pm »

Ooh, ice cream!

Turn around and fire a stream of toothbrushes in the opposite direction of the ice cream. This should propel me towards it.

The players all wake up Hangover-style - the place around them is completely messed up and they have no idea where they are.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2013, 10:51:51 pm »

"My name's Angel! What's yours?"
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »

"Hi, Angel. My name is Zechariah. But you can call me Ziah."[color]

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2013, 11:59:29 pm »

((I do not mind at all, thank you.))
"I... I guess I'll get going then. um, thank you, I... Thank you."
Return to the mirror and hesitantly step through it, then look around at my new surroundings.

stepping through the mirror into this new place (the staging area) I look around at my surroundings and just kinda wince, quickly looking down and away from the illogical sight
"Um, who's bright idea was this?"
thinking back on what Stellar told me, I silently extend my will and attempt to re-order this place into someplace more
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:07:45 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 521